PDA

View Full Version : XM Radio

Roxysnow
08-19-2004, 09:23 AM
I am thinking of getting XM. Who has it and is it worth getting for boat and car?

Whipped Caliber
08-19-2004, 09:25 AM
I have one in my boat and truck. It the best thing I did. :cool:

jenndon
08-19-2004, 09:26 AM
I love mine...I have one in the truck, one in the house and Toybox trailer. I sell them so let me know if i can help you
Don

summerlove
08-19-2004, 09:29 AM
I have one in my suburban and it is awesome. I also added the Sky-Fi to the boat and bought the boombox so we can use it at home, or anywhere. XM is awesome.

boat030
08-19-2004, 09:55 AM
I have it in the truck and the boat, it's especially cool in the boat I can finally listen to the radio when I'm going down the lake no skiping cd's

charlyox
08-19-2004, 09:59 AM
I have it in my Avalanche and my Honda Accord.I already paid to have it put in my boat.I just need to get my boat back form Essex and I will be good to go.It is great no commercials and clear reception :boxed:

KACHINA KEN
08-19-2004, 10:44 AM
It is the best thing, if you also get a deck that plays MP3 discs you are set.
Make sure to get the Terk Marine antenna, it will never drop out on you then.

dave186
08-19-2004, 10:46 AM
I have Sirius in my truck, its great.

Roxysnow
08-19-2004, 10:48 AM
Thanks everyone for your replies. It looks like a win situation. :D

ROZ
08-19-2004, 11:02 AM
Satellite radio is a no brainer...Get it, you won't be dissapointed...

CA Stu
08-19-2004, 12:18 PM
Well, I have one in the truck, one in the boat, AND one in the office.
Neener neener neener.
XM rules, no commercials, no BS.
41, 53, 54, 8, 44, 151, and 116 for the kiddies.
Cheers
CA Stu

Mrs. Restless22
08-19-2004, 12:20 PM
We've got Sirius in out truck and love it. Only time it ever cuts out is under a big overpass or bridge.
We listened to is in the mountains non-stop where there isnt a home or powerline in site. :cool:

LeavinOn6
08-19-2004, 12:52 PM
XM is the greatest! been to Oregon and Texas, never put a CD in the deck or searched for a good station. The BoneYard rocks!

1Shockwaveguy
08-19-2004, 01:25 PM
Anyone know how well the "roadie" systems work. They are the XM wireless receivers. Do they have a sound quality issue since they are not hard wired? Am I better off going with the installed version?

TheEduKATor
08-19-2004, 01:30 PM
I've got sirius radio. I have one receiver that is portable and can be played at home, in my truck, and in the boat. Used it for the drive to Wyoming, and back, 2200 miles and never lost the signal. Works great in the boat and gets signal everywhere in havasu on and off the water. No more commercials for me.

Steamin' Rice
08-19-2004, 01:33 PM
I have XM in the truck and I love it. The new boat will also have XM...

TheEduKATor
08-19-2004, 01:36 PM
Anyone know how well the "roadie" systems work. They are the XM wireless receivers. Do they have a sound quality issue since they are not hard wired? Am I better off going with the installed version?
My sirius is wireless as well. All is takes is the receiver that plugs into a cigarette lighter, antenna that plugs into the receiver, and turn the radio to a set station. No hard wiring to the radio, and the radio doesn't have to be satelite ready. Just tune it to the station and you are good to go. The sound quality is great, don't really have an issue with it. I'm not sure if it's the same setup as xm though.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-19-2004, 01:44 PM
My dad has XM in his Denali and he loves it.

KACHINA KEN
08-19-2004, 01:45 PM
Thats what is in my Dodge 2500, when I have to take a show to Fl or Seattle in a semi I will take it with me in the big rig. I have a whole seperate antenna and power rig for both situations, the wiring in the Dodge is permanent.

racecar.hotshoe
08-19-2004, 01:52 PM
I have it in my boat,my truck,and in my house its great.

1Shockwaveguy
08-19-2004, 02:20 PM
Hey Kachina,
So in the wireless set up do you ever experience bad signals or poor sound quality? Reason I ask is I called Al & Ed's and they told me the wireless ones are a bad idea because you don't get good transmission. I am thinking the guy might just want to make the extra coin on the full system install

Rvr2Bch
08-19-2004, 03:46 PM
XM rocks. I have to drive between 40-100 miles a day commuting, and it's perfect. I just recently got the new antenna that goes inside on my dash so there is nothing on the outside. I love it. I can take it out of the car, to the house, and in the boat. I just noticed that our golf cart stereo is Sirius Ready, so I might have to try that out! :D :shift:

Sleek-Jet
08-21-2004, 05:42 AM
Hey Kachina,
So in the wireless set up do you ever experience bad signals or poor sound quality? Reason I ask is I called Al & Ed's and they told me the wireless ones are a bad idea because you don't get good transmission. I am thinking the guy might just want to make the extra coin on the full system install
I've got Sirius as well with the FM Modulator. The only time I've had problems is when you drive by the transmitting radio station antena. And it's no big deal, the docking unit can transmitt on 5 or 6 different frequencies, all you have to do is reach down, toggle up of down on the selector, then retune the radio. It takes longer to say it.

JetBoatRich
08-21-2004, 07:52 AM
Hey Kachina,
I have the cassett set-up for my work truck, works great :D I like it better than the FM, however I don't have a cassett in each vehicle
I also use the FM set-up up my other truck, is the city just find a clear channel and it works good :2purples: now and then you may have to change it. You have 4 in the around the 88.1 and up band and 4 around the 107.1 band.
I bought the BOOM BOX, which the whole family enjoys :cool:

summerlove
08-21-2004, 08:18 AM
I passed on the roadie because I didn't want all those wires hanging around. For a few more $ try ther Sky-Fi. It's a permanent mount and the unit just pops in and out :jawdrop: and you can control with the remote that comes with the unit.(this is for the boat) Be sure to buy the component that connects to the radio input so the wires can't be seen and then none of that casette mess.
In the truck I have a pioneer that has no wires and runs through the fm mod. If you but one know that the sound isn't as good as if it was in the head unit w/o the fm mod. I am still very happy with it, however. My antenna in the truck is a small disk the size of a silver dollar and is mounted on my dash. I do get some interference as a result, buut it's really only when I go under overpasses or get in narrow, confined spaces.
here's a link for the sky-fi:
http://www.xmradio.com/skyfi/

Bow Tie Omega
08-23-2004, 04:30 AM
xm radio is great, I got it from my in-laws for christmas, the only way to go.

Ron Burnett
08-23-2004, 12:02 PM
XM RADIO ROCKS! i have been instaling them in peoples boats and cars for about 2 years i was one of the first in havasu to contract w xm there are a few ways to do it delphi, xm commander, roady, or pioneer xm reciever, one is better than the other depending on the application.

LaveyJet
08-23-2004, 12:54 PM
I have one in my boat and truck. It the best thing I did. :cool:
Same fee is good for for both?

imbndvs
08-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Sirius has the NFL package for those football fans.

Uplink
08-23-2004, 10:36 PM
XM is the perfect boating gadget. I LOVE IT. No more carry around CD's anymore. I have the Alpine unit, just unplug the sat. receiver from the trunk of my wifes car, and plug it into the boat when we go to the lake.

KACHINA KEN
08-23-2004, 10:56 PM
XM is the greatest! been to Oregon and Texas, never put a CD in the deck or searched for a good station. The BoneYard rocks!
BONEHENGE and BALLAD SALAD!!!! Holy shit, good times. COOL GUY RULES!

JetBoatRich
08-24-2004, 04:50 AM
Sirius has the NFL package for those football fans.
How is the variety pf games? What other sports?