PDA

View Full Version : River snacks....what do you bring?

lewiville
08-19-2004, 12:40 PM
just trying to get out of the old habits of bringing the same thing every trip. So I wanted to find out what everyone else brings and get some good ideas. Mine are sliced salami, pickles, pinapple chuncks maranaded in parrot bay rum

Mrs. Restless22
08-19-2004, 12:42 PM
My favorite lake snack is Ritz cracker with cream cheese and salami on it.
YUMMMMMMMMM :p

Havasu_Dreamin
08-19-2004, 12:53 PM
Fruit, nuts, chips. We've gotten into the habit of taking salami and turkey and some cheese with no bread. It's easier that way. My bro slowie turned us onto that.

Mrs. casean
08-19-2004, 12:56 PM
MMmmmm Pineapple and Parrot Bay Rum!! Quite tasty :D
I make dip sometimes (7-layer type) and put it in a container that won't get water in it and bring some chips along... always comes out when the beer sinks in. Chips, crackers and cheese are alway a good one. Fruit and veggies.
I am getting hungry thinking about this :idea:

Mrs. Restless22
08-19-2004, 12:59 PM
[QUOTE=Mrs. casean] put it in a container that won't get water in it QUOTE]
Where do you get one of those?? :confused: :supp:

spectratoad
08-19-2004, 01:00 PM
We take a can of chicken, mayo, peas, spices, tobasco and mix it up like you would for tuna fish sandwich. Grab a box of the hard corn tortillas already folded. Spoon it into the tortilla and eat it like a taco.
Also a can of smoked oysters on crackers with tobasco.
Lunch meat and cheese wrapped in lettuce.

MsDrmr
08-19-2004, 01:03 PM
Sun chips and Mikes hard lemonade
Gummy bears (sour straws)
My homemade crab ceviche w/tortilla chips (THE BOMB) :D
immataion crab

Roxysnow
08-19-2004, 01:04 PM
I leave that to the wife but she always has something different everytime we go! Salami and prov. everytime, some fruits and jerky. Just mix it up! If you have kids, stay away from the cheetoos and doritos! they mess everything up! good luck on the shopping! :cool:

Mrs. casean
08-19-2004, 01:06 PM
[QUOTE=
immataion crab[/QUOTE]
I gotta run into you when you have that :) Sounds good!

Mrs. casean
08-19-2004, 01:08 PM
[QUOTE=Mrs. casean] put it in a container that won't get water in it QUOTE]
Where do you get one of those?? :confused: :supp:
Really any tuperwear (I can't spell that right) will do. I put it in a freezer lock zip lock back and seal it good and put it on top of the ice chest... never had any problems of water getting in.

GASHGAZER
08-19-2004, 01:09 PM
I go to the Pitstop Deli in the Chevron right by the bridge there, and get sliced ham and turkey, provolone and fresh bread rolls. And they'll also pack a container of lettuce and tomoatoes for you (olives, etc... whatever you want) and make sure to get the packet mayo, not the one in the bin..it's friggin tasty!! All in all it runs no more than $15 for like a half dozen foot longs.... I even have them slice up my limes for the Coronas, they are awesome in there.

lewiville
08-19-2004, 01:16 PM
I leave that to the wife but she always has something different everytime we go! Salami and prov. everytime, some fruits and jerky. Just mix it up! If you have kids, stay away from the cheetoos and doritos! they mess everything up! good luck on the shopping! :cool:
Kid's is right, NOTHING THAT IS ORANGE AND POWDERY ( is that a word?) come's on my boat. kid's eat out side of the boat. I dont think that there is a boat cleaner out there that take that stuff off.

MsDrmr
08-19-2004, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=
immataion crab
I gotta run into you when you have that :) Sounds good![/QUOTE]
no prob, I brought it into the office yesterday for lunch and before I knew the bowl was depleted. Everyone loved it and asked me for the receipe and to bring it in again. Takes about 15min to make and then let it sit in the frig for 48hrs

Mrs. casean
08-19-2004, 01:19 PM
no prob, I brought it into the office yesterday for lunch and before I knew the bowl was depleted. Everyone loved it and asked me for the receipe and to bring it in again. Takes about 15min to make and then let it sit in the frig for 48hrs
When the bowl is gone that quick, you know you made a good thing! We should start a recipe thread... I got some good ones I'd let out.

AvengerBabe
08-19-2004, 01:28 PM
mmm, yes, i am a big fan of the pineapple chunks with Parrot Bay. I also love to take Jello shots out there! Hummus and pita chips also make a great (non-alcoholic) snack!

Hallett19
08-19-2004, 01:30 PM
my favorite snack at the river is beer.

Kilrtoy
08-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Women and lots of them.
Oh the other white meat.
Chicken, turkey doritos

79miller
08-19-2004, 01:33 PM
Silver Barley pops, with a side of Boones Farm. Finger lickin' good!

Mrs. casean
08-19-2004, 01:37 PM
Women and lots of them.
Oh the other white meat.
Chicken, turkey doritos
I was waiting to hear that one :D

phuggit
08-19-2004, 01:42 PM
Turkey slices and jalepeno muenster cheese rolled up with deli mustard. Washed down with a frosty silver bullet.

rdg42001
08-19-2004, 02:25 PM
Sun chips and Mikes hard lemonade
Gummy bears (sour straws)
immataion crab
Ceviche is the best, that's a must every time we go out to the river. We'll have to exchange some next time your out!

slowinhavasuskid
08-19-2004, 02:42 PM
We like to take cut up fruit, crackers, salami and cheese. But when we bring all the kids and their friends we get chicken tenders from the deli at Bashas and those are even good cold. :messedup: When we are with havasu_dreamin its sandwiches from safeway and fruit. :p

mmered8299
08-19-2004, 02:55 PM
Cherry Cobbler
12" Dutch oven. 10 coals on bottom 10 on the top
Foil in the bottom of oven
2 large cans of cherries in oven on foil
mix one cup of bisquik, one cup of sugar, half cup of milk, little cinnamon in a zip lock bag. Lumpy is ok.
pour mix on top
cook for 30-45min.
kids love it!

lewiville
08-19-2004, 02:59 PM
Cherry Cobbler
mix one cup of bisquik, one cup of sugar, half cup of milk, little cinnamon in a zip lock bag. Lumpy is ok.
pour mix on top
cook for 30-45min.
kids love it!
now thats what I'm talking about. used to make that all the time in boy scouts 30 years ago :cool:

Red Eye
08-19-2004, 03:05 PM
Carne Asada
Beef Jerky
Chicharrones (spelling?)
Coors Light

Havasu_Dreamin
08-19-2004, 03:06 PM
[QUOTE=Havasu_Dreamin]Fruit, nuts, chips. is that your crew? :D
Always! More so when Slowie and family are with us! LMAO :p Just kidding C. He's going to get me back for that one!

little rowe boat
08-19-2004, 03:59 PM
Assorted chips,turkey jerky,pistachios,sunflower seeds and usually some kind of sweets,cookies,brownies.

Kim Hanson
08-19-2004, 04:02 PM
I have alway thought Labbatt Lite was my snacks for the day.........( . )( . ).... :D

Captain Dan
08-19-2004, 04:27 PM
BBQ Lousiana Hot Links on shore on portable gas grill and serve with mustard for appetizers, sliced salami, roasted chicken breasts from Costco (the skin is good for the kids to catch fish with), and always, always Beef Jerky.
Wash it down with an RBV and you are good to go. :)

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
08-19-2004, 05:06 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1616DCP_0474-med.JPG
mmmmm I'm hungry now for my snack :p

Phat Matt
08-19-2004, 07:21 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1616DCP_0474-med.JPG
mmmmm I'm hungry now for my snack :p
Are you going to share? :p

79miller
08-19-2004, 07:52 PM
Cherry Cobbler
pour mix on top
cook for 30-45min.
kids love it!
I always thought the Dutch oven was when you farted under the bow when it's 115° :eek:

Scream
08-19-2004, 10:26 PM
Cherry Cobbler
pour mix on top
cook for 30-45min.
kids love it!
Next time, instead of bisquick, try The Duncan Hienz or Betty Crocker super moist cake mix in CHOCOLATE...oh my God...That has got to be one of the best ones I've ever done, put a little brown sugar on top of it all before cooking and it's damn good.

slowinhavasuskid
08-20-2004, 09:50 AM
Dreamin you better watch it buddy! :burningm: just kidding you know I love you! ;)

Havasu_Dreamin
08-20-2004, 09:55 AM
Dreamin you better watch it buddy! :burningm: just kidding you know I love you! ;)
It's all good! ;)

Ducatista
08-20-2004, 09:58 AM
Cheezy puffs, that way I always have catfish bait. :)

gigamurph
08-20-2004, 12:01 PM
Are you going to share? :pI gotta go with PM on this one! Learned aloooooong time ago in Kindergarten that if ya don't have enough for everybody, don't bring any at all! As for snacks, we like to bring jerky, jerky, and more jerky! Of course; I usually have it all eaten before we even get the boat wet!
:D

SandMan_Mike
08-20-2004, 12:27 PM
Chicken tender/Strips from Grocery store deli and Swiss cheese wraped around it, cant beat it!

Drunk tank
08-20-2004, 02:50 PM
27 bottles of boones farm... they have so many different flavors ya can never get tierd of it! Sometimes ya can mix em and get entirly new exciting flavors. As for food, I like to just take a loaf of bread, some peanut butter, and jam. Always a good choice. I try to stay away from anything that crumbles... like, chips, popcorn, or crackers. Another thing I like... chinese food from the night before. Ya already bought it, comes in handy little boxes, taste great cold, and can be eaten any way you want (fork, spoon, knife, scissors, pencil, twig, fingers...)

checkster
08-20-2004, 10:10 PM
:D beer......