PDA

View Full Version : We're HOME from CBBB!!!!

rrrr
08-19-2004, 05:36 PM
Just rolled into the driveway about 30 minutes ago. We stopped in Clarendon, TX and bought a nice lil' '66 Ford F-100 we spotted on the way out. It is sweet, has a 352 CI FE in it and a 3 speed manual with OD. All you youngsters don't know what "three on the tree" means... :D :D :D
I hooked up the Howard to the truck, Fonda didn't want to pull the boat. It did great. When I'm done with it, we'll have the perfect tow vehicle for the flattie.
Now I gotta go empty all our junk outta the Excursion. What is all that sh*t? :D :D

JetBoatRich
08-19-2004, 07:18 PM
Good to hear you made it home safe :) great to meet you and awesome boat :smile:

LUVNLIFE
08-19-2004, 07:20 PM
Glad you made it back safe. Again great boat and congrats on the new ride.

MudPumper
08-19-2004, 07:20 PM
Glad you made it home OK. Now post a pic of that Truck. How did you do at BlackJack Sat night????

dmontzsta
08-19-2004, 07:54 PM
You are my hero.
And yes I know what "three in the tree" means, I do have a old man that talks about that. :D
Good meeting you two, you are great people.
That set up is going to kick ass.

rrrr
08-19-2004, 08:05 PM
How did you do at BlackJack Sat night????
Uh, apparently you didn't hear. There is gonna be a groundbreaking ceremony at the Avi next month for a new wing named in my honor..... :mad: :cry: :cry:
:D :D

XClutchboy725
08-20-2004, 07:18 AM
glad you made it home safe. Take good care of my boat now! :wink:

HalletDave
08-20-2004, 08:36 AM
Ron & Fonda,
You all are good folks, of course most Texans are.
Enjoy the rest of the summer and please bless us with your presence again next year. :smile:

victorfb
08-20-2004, 10:34 AM
glad you made it back ok Ron, and congradulations on the new ride. it was great hangin out with you and Fonda, we enjoyed it big time.
we did see you at the blackjack tables, and i loved your stratagy. get down on chips at the table so go to a machine and gain it all back. damn, that just kept workin for you. i think im gunna try that machine next time. what was it again? ATM?

HalletDave
08-20-2004, 10:37 AM
I think im gunna try that machine next time. what was it again? ATM?
LMAO :D

Wally_Gator
08-20-2004, 10:41 AM
Ron and Fonda,
It was great meeting you two. Fonda, the boys loved you and thank you for the beads. That made their day, even shy Thomas like it.
As soon as we have our trip planned we will find a time we can all go out to dinner this winter. We will be in the Fort Worth area for about a week and will definately plan on stopping by.
Walter and Stephanie..
P.S. But how many of you have actually driven a 3 on the tree?
I am only 35 and have had the pleasure in an old GMC...

HalletDave
08-20-2004, 10:47 AM
I have but then again I am a GEEZER.
After college I bought a brand new 1974 Bronco with the 3 on da tree.
I loved that vehicle. :D

rrrr
08-20-2004, 11:26 AM
we did see you at the blackjack tables, and i loved your stratagy. get down on chips at the table so go to a machine and gain it all back. damn, that just kept workin for you. i think im gunna try that machine next time. what was it again? ATM?
Don't forget to drink huge amounts of beer to keep your thinking razor sharp. :sleeping: :eek: :D :D

HalletDave
08-20-2004, 11:46 AM
Don't forget to drink huge amounts of beer to keep your thinking razor sharp. :sleeping: :eek: :D :D
Excellent advice Ron. :D

Brooski
08-20-2004, 11:57 AM
My first truck was a 68 GMC stepside shortbed, 3 on the tree with a 6 cylinder. I loved that truck. But then I had to be cool and put a Hurst floor shifter in it. The cheap kind that would hang between gears, usually when I was in nice clothes. Stupid change. I tried that ATM machine, paid off every time. Ron, great to meet you. Love your boat. Glad the weather remained cool (for Laughlin) so the seats didnt fry you.

Brooski
08-20-2004, 11:59 AM
Hey Dave, you are my hero. I had to get a crown today so I could be just like you. Actually it was already scheduled, but I wanted to tell you that I bit down on a rock or something in the sausage at the Buffet sunday morning also, but no damage that I can tell.

gigamurph
08-20-2004, 12:22 PM
Glad ya made it back home without any major drama. Was good to meet you and Fonda. See you again next year? :smile:

JET-O-VATOR
08-20-2004, 12:28 PM
Ron and Fonda,
It was great meeting you two. Fonda, the boys loved you and thank you for the beads. That made their day, even shy Thomas like it.
As soon as we have our trip planned we will find a time we can all go out to dinner this winter. We will be in the Fort Worth area for about a week and will definately plan on stopping by.
Walter and Stephanie..
I DRIVE A THREE ON THE TREE ALL THE TIME ITS IN A 60' FALCON

JET-O-VATOR
08-20-2004, 12:29 PM
I have but then again I am a GEEZER.
After college I bought a brand new 1974 Bronco with the 3 on da tree.
I loved that vehicle. :D
I HAVE A 73 BRONCO BUT IT HAS AN AUTOMATIC I FREAKIN LOVE MINE AS WELL I DONT THINK IT WILL EVER BE SOLD....... :cool:

Wally_Gator
08-20-2004, 12:32 PM
The three on a tree GMC I drove was when I worked for a liquor store.
I delivered for a local liquor store when I was a Senior in High School.
That was a good job...

gigamurph
08-21-2004, 12:11 AM
The three on a tree GMC I drove was when I worked for a liquor store.
I delivered for a local liquor store when I was a Senior in High School.
That was a good job...Senior in high school? Deliverin' for a liquor store? Can y'all say "lousy pay, great perks"? I knew that you could. I bet you were real popular your Senior year; weren't ya?
:p