PDA

View Full Version : Since we're talking about stupid s$%t...

HighRoller
08-19-2004, 06:57 PM
Someone else started a thread on Fart Can cars, so I decided there's some other stuff maybe you guys could 'splan to me. I know all these actions are designed to make you look cool, but please......
People who wear hats sideways: WTF? It never fails I see some white kid walking down the street with a mesh hat and the bill's turned at like a 58 degree angle from his face. Does this signify something? Now the girls are doing it too, and it makes them look trashy IMO.
Giving people the finger in pictures: Does this make you a rebel? I think it makes you look like a dork. Is there some rock band out there that uses this totally unoriginal display on their album cover?
Poor personal hygiene as a fashion statement: Why is it cool to wear your hair looking like you just woke up and clothes that look dirty? I thought the point of "dressing up" was to look nice? Now if you don't look like a crack ***** you're not "hip"?
I guess I must be getting old if I can't figure this stuff out.............

Rexone
08-19-2004, 07:12 PM
HR I'm guessing you're not gonna like my new green spiked mohawk and pants that are 47 sizes too large. :(
:wink:

MudPumper
08-19-2004, 07:16 PM
I only wear my hat sideways if I'm drinkin a 40 oz.

dave186
08-19-2004, 07:34 PM
werd yo
;)

Boatcop
08-19-2004, 07:59 PM
HR I'm guessing you're not gonna like my new green spiked mohawk and pants that are 47 sizes too large.
I'm guessing NONE of us are gonna like that. :D

HighRoller
08-19-2004, 08:03 PM
No. 40 sizes too big is the LIMIT! :lightsabe

Jordy
08-19-2004, 08:12 PM
I'm guessing NONE of us are gonna like that. :D
I hear it's going to be in the new Rex catalog. Might even be back in style by the time we see it in print. :D :D :D

JustMVG
08-19-2004, 09:57 PM
I can't remember where i heard it but a guy commented on the baggy pants thing he thought some rapper had died and the kids were wearing their pants at half mast.
The hat thing i don't get especially with the white kids, the pants i never got that , the finger will always be there a given i guess, and if some of the girls i dated looked like some of the girls i have seen lately mom would have kicked me in the junk. I cannot believe whats allowed by the schools these days. Some of these Jr. High girls look too old to be kids, and the high schoolers are worse, amazing, and i know they didn't have bods like they do now, the only bods i saw like that were in magazines!!!

JustMVG
08-19-2004, 10:01 PM
HR I'm guessing you're not gonna like my new green spiked mohawk and pants that are 47 sizes too large. :(
:wink:
Mike you only come out at night you're rarely seen any where excepting the Boat show, more power to ya for the spiked hair now make it your damn avatar!!! and Thanks again to your guys!! Helped me out with what i needed the bow eye. Always in a good mood those guys what do you get them for breakfast?? :)

dgie
08-19-2004, 10:12 PM
I think everyone goes thru some sort of rebellion crap...I did when I was younger and I still have my 8 hole Dock Martins to prove it...love them things. However as long as their life style does not interfere with mine I do not have a problem with it..to each their own. Anyway watching some dumb ass pull up his pants that are almost to his knees because their too fricken big. Gives me something to laugh at. Watching the same dumb ass crawl into his Kia with the 3 foot high wing and 10,000 rpm tach is priceless :D :D

HighRoller
08-19-2004, 10:16 PM
I can't remember where i heard it but a guy commented on the baggy pants thing he thought some rapper had died and the kids were wearing their pants at half mast.
MIKE! You almost made me shoot CL out my nose! You can bet your ass next time I see some punk with ass draggers I'll be asking him who died!

Debbolas
08-19-2004, 10:17 PM
The saggy pants are a reflection from our prisons. When they book you, they take your belt and your pants sag. (Remember when none of the kids wore shoelaces either) They take those as well.
My son says the kids wear their hats sideways on their face because a smart kid did that because the sun was in his face, and everyone copied him( how cute is that!) :p
As far as the girls showing their bodies, I remember back in 1973....the really cool girls wore their pants low, so you could see their butt crack. (I never had that chance)
Now adays, hip huggers are back....the sad thing is the girls with no waist that do it anyway and are just kinda one solid block :eek:
Remember mini skirts? Go Go boots? Smock tops? I don't think this generation is too bad yet................ :2purples:

JustMVG
08-19-2004, 10:57 PM
Cute reply by your son Debbolas, but i remember the rappers started all that stuff sometime ago, anything to be outrageous and ill mannered of course if they're doing it MUST be cool, how great it must be to look like your in or have been to prison, maybe the baggy thing is for the bitches to be had just pull poke and pullem up, see ya....... And i remember 73 Deb, i used to do the cruise thing along Van Nuys, San Fernando Rd., and Whittier Blvd, Fast Times at ridgemont is just like our lives were. The guys racing down Van Nuys Blvd blows me away to this day!!! Remember wallabees and ripping the Levi's label off the jeans i forgot why we did it we just did. yup driving around in my buddy's van thinkin i was somethin, had my Bud in my hand gosh those days were fun, oh well nice trip down memory lane. MVG

HighRoller
08-20-2004, 12:24 AM
I remember getting together at Las Posas in the Park-N-Ride. Racing on Portrero, Rose and Central, Industrial Rd in Westlake across from the golf course. Meeting at Tommy's on Valley(?) Blvd and thinking we had hit the big time because we cruised the "VALLEY"! My Buddy betting $500 and then ripping his headers off going out the driveway...oops. Had to trailer it home. Watching a mufflered small block 67 Camaro spank a tubbed big block shoebox Nova with NHRA winner stickers on it. Gotta love nitrous....

JustMVG
08-20-2004, 01:12 AM
There's a Tommy's on Victory right off of Van Nuys BL, you wouldn't recognize the place now it feels like you've gone to the center of Mexico City, but i remember sitting in front of The Super Shops speed parts place, then going over to Jack in the Box, there was a ferralls ice cream place right up the street from there, hanging out behind the Bof A on Saturday nights looking for races, going over to SAn Fernando Road getting our drag racing fix, then heading up to Mulholland Drive for our road racing jones, so much has changed but i still have all the memories, fun to back into those once in awhile. Mike VG

HighRoller
08-20-2004, 01:27 AM
Probly the one. I remember Van Nuys Blvd. I also remember driving so far with 4:56 gears that all the parts in the engine would loosen/heat up and I'd cringe watching the oil pressure go down about 10 PSI in 20 minutes :supp: Damn thing would hardly idle after 25 minutes at 4000RPM! That's okay. After 5 minutes on the surface street it would tighten back up. Nothing better than a mechanical cam with 308 degrees of duration spitting through a pair of flowmasters! (Except when you had to adjust the valves!)

JustMVG
08-20-2004, 03:21 AM
Buddy of mine had a Camaro a 70 if i remember right that had 4.11s in it and seemed like it took forever to get to the Blvd from Burbank we took surface streets because he was afraid of the same things that happened to you. how funny 'cause my buddy could build good motors but had no driving sense, and lost mostly because he couldn't "Feel" the car i could so he'd reluctently let me drive and he'd come home with a few more bucks then we left home with.
Then i'd take him up to Mulholland and show him what my 510 could do and he nearly crapped his pants everytime, when all your looking at is the edge of the canyon i guess you'd get scared. god those were fun times run fromlaurel canyon to coldwater as fast as you could we'd bring our cb radios and everything we had a blast. There was one guy who had a 914 that he had put a Buick turbo V6 in and box flares all around that was the car to beat up there, gotta find the pics , we're going thru our garage this weekend or next and i have a huge photo collection from those good old days..

EmpirE231
08-20-2004, 08:17 AM
Can't get too questionable about todays trends! why the mullets? why the tie dye shirts? hippies? perms? stonewash jeans? big hair? the 80's? c'mon...

Ducatista
08-20-2004, 08:32 AM
Ahhh.....Wednesday nights on Van Nuys Blvd. My Kawi 900 with kerkers....one 16oz can of Old English, I was a party waiting to happen. My parents didn't like my long hair and old jeans either.

OC-PARTYCAT
08-20-2004, 09:03 AM
my son (13) wears his hat sideways all the time.. I used to give him shit everyday until I remembered myself at that age. At least his pants arent hangin half way down his ass and he is clean looking. I dont think I could handle that shit.
I dont understand this whole dirty look..looks like shit to me
remember the days: new romantic or waver, skin head, punk...we all had our
days of dressing and acting like idiots. As long as my children are happy, doing good in school, are respectful, and staying out of trouble, they can follow the trends without me giving them too much shit. :hammerhea

JustMVG
08-20-2004, 11:00 AM
I don't mind the hats or the pants but when i go to order from some kid with his tongue pierced, or a nose ring or whatever that keeps him/her from sthpeakeeng englith i get annoyed to the point of having them repeat my order just so i can get a giggle from it and lose the dislike, and it's great when you try to order from the human pincushion and he's on the drive thru window and taking orders, the speakers suck anyway and then you have a guy with a stud that looks like it should be on a friggn snow tire trying to be nice and respectful of the customers, sometimes it's soabsurd as to make me look for the punk'd camera's. Amazing, hats clothes, ok piercings where you cannot be understood bad, just my .05$ worth