PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone Brew their own beer here?

dgie
08-20-2004, 08:47 AM
I have been Brewing beer for awhile and am using the kits, but want to start experimenting with individual ingredients, to play around with the taste. Any pointers on this? books etc. I use a 5 gallon carboy and do secondary fermentation.

gramps
08-20-2004, 09:01 AM
check with ahhell (as soon as he geta a computer again, should be this weekend), he used to brew a bunch.

Ryphraph
08-20-2004, 09:20 AM
I have done a bit of homebrewing. I found the Charles Papazian books to be very good with a lot of doable recipes. I wish I could brew more but I just need to make time.
Ryph

ahhell
08-20-2004, 09:50 AM
I have done a bit of homebrewing. I found the Charles Papazian books to be very good with a lot of doable recipes. I wish I could brew more but I just need to make time.
Ryph
papazian is good and funny...just make sure to sterilize all parts GOOD and just have fun with differnt yeasts and malts, follow some recipes in the book.
i quit doing it cuz i couldnt wait that long for a beer........ and the farts........whoa :rollside:

gramps
08-20-2004, 10:00 AM
papazian is good and funny...just make sure to sterilize all parts GOOD and just have fun with differnt yeasts and malts, follow some recipes in the book.
i quit doing it cuz i couldnt wait that long for a beer........ and the farts........whoa :rollside:
so that's what happend to your brain.................you didn't sterilize the parts!!!!!

ROZ
08-20-2004, 11:39 AM
so that's what happend to your brain.................you didn't sterilize the parts!!!!!No, that';s what gave him gas.... :eek: