PDA

View Full Version : Stripper Pole For Boats??/

NOTALENT
08-20-2004, 11:28 AM
Has anyone ever installed a Stripper Pole on there boat??? Other than a pontoon Boat. And if so how was it mounted?? I want to install one, a removable one. Any pics or Ideas??? :confused:

gramps
08-20-2004, 12:05 PM
I would use the pedestal mount that is used for the fishing seats on bass boats.

Party Cat
08-20-2004, 01:36 PM
You talking about one of these ????
http://www.riverratlife.com/images/pc/pole600.jpg

NOTALENT
08-20-2004, 01:43 PM
Yeah...Thats What I want...Does it come with one of them hotties... too..??? :D
How was it installed?? Any extra mounts??

Party Cat
08-20-2004, 02:35 PM
Yeah...Thats What I want...Does it come with one of them hotties... too..??? :D
How was it installed?? Any extra mounts??
The pole was custom made (1 1/2" x 6ft solid brass sunk intoa 3" x 12" piece of aluminum) and fits into the hole for the PWC Davit....that is supported to a block in the hull...

NOTALENT
08-20-2004, 02:38 PM
So it has enough support..so that it wont tear up the floor boards? or break through?

Havasu Hangin'
08-20-2004, 02:48 PM
So it has enough support..so that it wont tear up the floor boards? or break through?
It depends on whether the strippers on PC's boat weigh more than a PWC.... :eek:

NOTALENT
08-20-2004, 02:50 PM
hahahaha...well that and umm...depending on how much swinging is going on.. :D

Havasu Hangin'
08-20-2004, 02:52 PM
hahahaha...well that and umm...depending on how much swinging is going on.. :D
The bigger ones probably aren't doing much swinging (just sitting around eating PC's carne asada)... :jawdrop:

Party Cat
08-20-2004, 02:52 PM
It depends on whether the strippers on PC's boat weigh more than a PWC.... :eek:
Come on Jeff...you don't weigh more than a PWC :wink:

Party Cat
08-20-2004, 02:53 PM
The bigger ones probably aren't doing much swinging (just sitting around eating PC's carne asada)... :jawdrop:
Yah...like RD LMAO

NOTALENT
08-20-2004, 02:56 PM
And drinkin all the beer... because the bro's dont want to look>>. Putting on more rolls. :D

Havasu Hangin'
08-20-2004, 02:58 PM
Come on Jeff...you don't weigh more than a PWC :wink:
First of all...I have put on a few pounds...don't count me out of the "which weighs more?" competition.
Second of all...so Bropb16 can have a proper answer, I think Jason needs to put his g-string on and test the limits on that pole.
:D

Jordy
08-20-2004, 02:58 PM
The pole was custom made (1 1/2" x 6ft solid brass sunk intoa 3" x 12" piece of aluminum) and fits into the hole for the PWC Davit....that is supported to a block in the hull...
and it's a heavy fukker to put into place. Even worse with a couple beers and a boat that's rollin' with the waves in the lake. ;)

NOTALENT
08-20-2004, 02:59 PM
First of all...I have put on a few pounds...don't count me out of the "which weighs more?" competition.
Second of all...so Bropb16 can have a proper answer, I think Jason needs to put his g-string on and test the limits on that pole.
:D
Lol...I dont think we need to go to that extent...Please, really..dont... :D ...well Im headed to parker to check out the new boat..or soon to be..Have a good weekend everyone...later.

Drunk tank
08-20-2004, 03:11 PM
Hmmm... now why is brass the metal of choice for this project? Considering it is a softer metal, I can see the reasoning for being solid cause its gonna need all the strength it can get. But I'd think a piece of 1.5" .240 wall stainless would be just as strong if not stronger... and most likley lighter. hmmm
Be back in 30 minutes... I'm gonna go whip out my materials book and do some analysis.... when I come back you all will know what the lightest and strongest stripper pole will be.

AquaBoogie
08-20-2004, 03:14 PM
Titanium.....

Ziggy
08-20-2004, 04:34 PM
Stainless :idea: Every strip joint I ever seen has BRASS...Its slipperierererer that stainless...easier for the girlies to do spins and stuff. :) :D

Drunk tank
08-20-2004, 04:44 PM
Results are in.
First the assumptions:
Pole is 6' long and has a diameter of 1.5"
Pole is in pure bending (though it isn’t...but that doesn’t matter much)
130lb stripper is hanging from end of pole in high seas, so pole is essentially horizontal (cantilever setup... I didn’t feel like doing dynamics today). Thus providing a max moment of 9360 in-lbs
With these assumptions, the maximum stress in the pole will be 28249.5 psi and the pole will have a radius of curvature of 398in (not bad.... top of pole wont be deflecting that much... as if a drunk stripper would care)
for the rest of the calculations the following values were used for the Modulus of elasticity: cold rolled Stainless steel (AISI 302) = 28000000 psi; cold rolled Yellow brass = 15000000 psi; and Titanium = 16500000 psi.
substituting these values into the elastic flexure formulas and working backwards we find that with the same stress and radius of curvature, a 1.5" O.D. SS pole with 1.04" I.D. and a Titanium pole with a 1.5" O.D. and a .694" I.D. will substitute for the solid 1.5" brass poll.
Now, which one is best?
Solid brass poll will weigh in at 38.9 lbs
Other materials were converted to next larger standard size (will be slightly stronger and deflect less):
SS pole with 1.5" O.D. and .240 wall will weigh in 20.2 lbs
Titanium pole with 1.5" O.D. and .5 wall will weigh in at 18.2 lbs
Solid 1.5" titanium pole will weigh in at 20.47 lbs
From the results, I have determined that a brass pole is by far the poorest choice for a stripper pole due to it's high weight. For mobility on the water, weight is on great importance. Next would be Titanium... though t i very light, it is also VERY expensive and has a extremely high *Bling-Bling* factor... would be a reasonable choice for individuals like SHAKE_YO_AZZ. This leads to our best choice which is stainless steel. Though somewhat pricey, it is light, easily cleaned and can be polished to a high luster (thus making it more inviting to potential amateur strippers). Once polished it will provide a high *Ease of spin* factor (AKA lower coefficient of friction) At almost half the weight of a comparable brass pole... SS is by far the best choice.
Some may ask... why way aluminum left out? Well anyone who has worked with Al will tell you it is certainly a bitch to clean and maintain a high luster. As well as cleaning issues, when handled... it tends to leave black and grey marks on the skin... something which may deter potential strippers as well as making eating the bearded clam look less inviting if covered in black residue.
This has concluded stripper pole tech for this evening. At this time I will take any questions
?
-Ryan

AZKC
08-20-2004, 04:51 PM
How about some sort of wood? :rollside: If we're puttin a spin on things. By the way nice explanation :idea:

Party Cat
08-20-2004, 05:01 PM
Stainless :idea: Every strip joint I ever seen has BRASS...Its slipperierererer that stainless...easier for the girlies to do spins and stuff. :) :D
Ding, Ding, Ding....we have a winner...Brass for a reason :D :D
as for weight...ahh....Mine's alot more than 38lbs.....and why solid....it was cheaper to get a piece of solid brass than one with a hole in the middle :cool:
and just in case my wife sees this...it's a flag pole....not a Stripper Pole :D :D

Drunk tank
08-20-2004, 05:03 PM
well what type of wood? Main problem with wood is it doesnt like moments very much. It's properties are not isotropic either. So while being loaded from one direction it may work fine...when loaded from from another it could fail. Also there is a factor that is is easily damaged when hitting other hard objects and any sanded and clear coated surface is easily marred. Once damaged, strippers could get splinters in very undesirable places.... damaged punani means none for you. also, it s much less rigid and has a MUCH lower modulus of elasticity. When cut axially (like studs) it can be great it compression, hense its use in home construction.
Over all, it'd be an absolute last choice for a stripper pole.
It's best to stick with a ferrous metal for a stripper pole as for their isotropic properties and abilities to handle moments (the spinning of strippers)

Drunk tank
08-20-2004, 05:06 PM
Ding, Ding, Ding....we have a winner...Brass for a reason :D :D
as for weight...ahh....Mine's alot more than 38lbs.....and why solid....it was cheaper to get a piece of solid brass than one with a hole in the middle :cool:
and just in case my wife sees this...it's a flag pole....not a Stripper Pole :D :D
well whats the diameter and total length of your pole? yellow brass has a specific weight of .306lbs/cubic inch and red brass has a specific weight of .316 lbs/cubic inch

Party Cat
08-20-2004, 05:39 PM
well whats the diameter and total length of your pole? yellow brass has a specific weight of .306lbs/cubic inch and red brass has a specific weight of .316 lbs/cubic inch
Well...yellow, red...I dunno...I'm guessing that the brass part is at least 6 1/2 to 7 feet long....I think the total weight is somewhere around 75-85 lbs....Jordy....what do you think....
with your specific weight #'s I'm gonna guess that it's 2" diameter....
any of you girls that were at any of the OP6C's remember the size :D

Mandelon
08-20-2004, 06:43 PM
I just know the damn thing works. :D PC had some serious action on that thing...... :supp: :supp: :D

77charger
08-20-2004, 07:45 PM
I just know the damn thing works. :D PC had some serious action on that thing...... :supp: :supp: :D
just add whipped cream right? :) :)

79miller
08-20-2004, 07:54 PM
130lb stripper
-Ryan
Only in Tiajuana! :D
What about carbon fiber?

Party Cat
08-20-2004, 08:01 PM
just add whipped cream right? :) :)
yup...I wonder where that came from :rolleyes:

77charger
08-20-2004, 08:03 PM
yup...I wonder where that came from :rolleyes:
it wasnt me.but it did make a pretty sight

Drunk tank
08-20-2004, 11:16 PM
Only in Tiajuana! :D
What about carbon fiber?
very reasonable... but the resin where it'd be mounted would crack to high hell after awhile... would definatly be very strong and rigid. Just pray none of the girls get a carbon fiber splinter.... anyone here thats gotten one of those will know what I mean when I say they are the antichrist!!!

bgchuby
08-21-2004, 08:46 AM
the bgchuby 38ft sea ray has a 10ft stripper pole mounted on the rear deck. there was an aluminum hole in the floor that was for a table to be set into. I had a friend make a 10ft pole and it fit right in. I ran supports from the top to the radar arch to support the weight. you can see the boat at the sandbar this weekend on the backside.

Moe_Havi
08-21-2004, 10:16 AM
You talking about one of these ????
http://www.riverratlife.com/images/pc/pole600.jpg
I'll mount it for free and oh yea, I'll also install the pole too!
Moe