PDA

View Full Version : ***boat Help!!!!!

CEO
08-20-2004, 06:44 PM
:idea: Can the boys in charge please get the "political" views and opinions on their own Area, instead of infecting most of the treads here in the Sandbar. Please, this is getting really OLD!

Havasu Hangin'
08-20-2004, 06:55 PM
I think "the Sandbar" was created for off-topic stuff.
"Hot Boats" was always meant for boating discussion.

Bre
08-20-2004, 07:12 PM
:idea: Can the boys in charge please get the "political" views and opinions on their own Area, instead of infecting most of the treads here in the Sandbar. Please, this is getting really OLD!
Nope...get lost..take a hkie...sucka :lightsabe :boxingguy :D :wink: ;)
Love ya Pat

sandblasted
08-20-2004, 07:19 PM
I agree, anything goes in the "sandbar" but....
If you think about the times you were actually at the sandbar did you talk about politics?
When I'm actually at the sandbar I'm usually talking about babes or beers or pasties or tequila drinks or vodka drinks or boats or engines or dirtbikes or sports and eventually every conversation gets back to babes.... :D

Debbolas
08-20-2004, 07:23 PM
:D Actually I thought they had been a little better about keeping their politics, to political threads...Or maybe I just feel that way because HighRoller changed his avitar.
I haven't been on much lately so I could be wrong...It happend once before............ :clover:
But I voted own thread area.

***boat
08-20-2004, 08:17 PM
I am not against doing this, however it would be deleted once the elections are over. Someone already suggested a great name for the section, "Political Rhetoric". I will see how this poll does over the next couple of days before making a decision.
Soooooo, who wants to be a moderator for that section? :yuk: :yuk:

Debbolas
08-20-2004, 08:18 PM
I am not against doing this, however it would be deleted once the elections are over. Someone already suggested a great name for the section, "Political Rhetoric". I will see how this poll does over the next couple of days before making a decision.
Soooooo, who wants to be a moderator for that section? :yuk: :yuk:
We we would have to have two.... :eek: One left and on right......LOL :2purples:

JustMVG
08-20-2004, 08:31 PM
I'm nominating Debbolas for Mod, she's a Dem but votes Rep perfect for the kind of Mod we'd need in a Politcal Arena. Anyone Second my motion???

JustMVG
08-20-2004, 09:22 PM
Motion now sent for vote, all in favor type AYE and if you're Against Debbolas being the Moderater for the new yes NEW!!!!! Political area of Hot boat Forums "where you can say what you want when you , well at least while the boards are up, Want to say. If you are against the idea of Ms. Debbolas being the moderator then Type Nay , and if you type nay then you'll get flamed by every member of the board, sorry was i being biased, ooopppsss my bad, sorry it'll happen again. Mike VG :p :p
I vote AYE!!!! MVG

JustMVG
08-20-2004, 09:30 PM
Debbolas are you ready to take on the role of absolutely "Fair and Balanced " Moderation, some of us feel you have what it takes, now run with it PostW#%&E and new moderator, Congrats, beers on ***boat !!! Thanks HB finally a good natured decision with no apparent Complaints and it'll all be over in say four years more or less :skull: :rollside:
Mike VG now i gotta go for a ride be back in a bit too nice a night to waste . See ya

Debbolas
08-20-2004, 09:32 PM
Well..............there are like 4 people online now................Thanks Rio Dog for the vote...................I will get eaten alive.................if they are bad can I make them pick up their room? change their oil? wax their boat?

MagicMtnDan
08-20-2004, 09:43 PM
While we're at it let's give Debbolas her own forum. And how about one for beer bongs and another for fake vs. real boobs :rollside:

Rexone
08-21-2004, 12:01 AM
I agree with HH :jawdrop: and am against it.
If you start making seperate forums for every "off topic" subject that certain members don't like or don't prefer to read you will have like 1437 forums before you know it.
Don't like, don't read. Easy solution. :hammer2:
If you make a political forum here are some suggestions for some more to follow that I'm sure some members don't like the content of in the sandbar...
Music forum
Movies forum
Insurance forum
Dumb shit RD bashing forum
What's for lunch forum
Toilet pictures forum
Post w hore only forum
Sports forum
Joke forum
Job interview forum
Special event pics forum
Pets forum
Kids forum
You're a homo forum
:sleeping: :rolleyes:

Rexone
08-21-2004, 12:05 AM
Oh I forgot we'll need a beer forum.
And a BUI opinion forum.
And a "look at my hot wife / gf" forum.
And a "when I'm leaving for the river / lake" forum
:)

JustMVG
08-21-2004, 12:21 AM
but if you act now you'll get not one not two but three forums of your choice, you choose the subject and we'll give you a little space reserved just for you and whatever it is that is in your head. Yes three forums of your choice you and you only will respond to aggravatingposts, be your own moderator, pick and choose the titles of your thread, but you have to ACT NOW!!!! .just send 100 extra reputation points to your favorite person on the boards, and your first born male child, But remember you have to ACT NOW!!!!!! :D :idea: ;)

v-drive
08-21-2004, 05:37 AM
Sorry but I agree with Mike(Rexone) on this one. Isn't that why the sandbar was formed? I think the words are, for everything else. I'm going back to v-drives now........... :cool: v-drive

MagicMtnDan
08-21-2004, 05:39 AM
We can't forget to have a "Who Wants to Kick RD in the Junk" Forum :shift:
We don't need no stinkin' political forum :)

DansBlown73Nordic
08-21-2004, 05:52 AM
What about a ( Will Rex Marine Ever Have Another Catalog Forum?) :D
Sorry Mike, but I thought it was perfect.... ;)

v-drive
08-21-2004, 06:37 AM
What about a ( Will Rex Marine Ever Have Another Catalog Forum?) :D
Sorry Mike, but I thought it was perfect.... ;)
It's not perfect it's fennnnn priceless :D :D v-drive

hot_diggity_dog
08-21-2004, 08:06 AM
OK then put the Hot Boats section on the top and put the Sandbar down lower on the page.
And change the topic to Sandbar political crap and other non boating BS :hammerhea :) :eek: :2purples:
HDD :wink:

Dave C
08-21-2004, 09:44 AM
how about a warning label? like with adult content. ... that way "some people" won't open a political thread and get offended.
BTW can someone show me to the person who "forces" you to open a political thread?
I know sometimes its hard to resist opening one but if you try really really hard you can avoid them altogther. its totally up to you.
Give it a try sometime. :p

Debbolas
08-21-2004, 09:56 AM
LMAO!!!
Just say "no" to political threads?!?
Good one! :skull:

JustMVG
08-21-2004, 10:05 AM
I think i am possessed, my head keeps saying no do not open that thread but try as i might my right hand goes to the political agendas and the poli-crap threads it's as if my mouse hand has it's own thoughts and is telling me to open open open!!!

JustMVG
08-21-2004, 10:27 AM
Oh I forgot we'll need a beer forum.
And a BUI opinion forum.
And a "look at my hot wife / gf" forum.
And a "when I'm leaving for the river / lake" forum
:)
What about a Who Wants to kick RD in the Junk While he's Reading the Rex Catalog while thinking of someone elses GF or Boat Thread, drinking a beer and deciding to go boat Under the Influenza?

CEO
08-21-2004, 11:35 AM
Nope...get lost..take a hkie...sucka :lightsabe :boxingguy :D :wink: ;)
Love ya Pat
I got your Hike, chick! BTW, can I just have one of those
beers in your hand?

Sleek-Jet
08-21-2004, 12:17 PM
If this doesn't go my way, I'm going to demand a recount, then cry when I loose anyway. :argue:

***boat
08-21-2004, 05:06 PM
It was like that for a while but everyone just posted all their off topic stuff in the top forum.
OK then put the Hot Boats section on the top and put the Sandbar down lower on the page.
And change the topic to Sandbar political crap and other non boating BS :hammerhea :) :eek: :2purples:
HDD :wink:

steelcomp
08-21-2004, 05:30 PM
Naw, keep it the way it is. Sandbar is for "open" topics, except for those which some don't like? I think there's enough sensorship going on already in this country, and this election is a pretty big one...people obviously want to talk about it. I would bet dimes to dognuts (yes, dognuts) that there was plenty of political discussion going on this last weekend.
Don't like it, don't read it. Don't like what's on your radio, change the channel. Don't like what's on your TV, turn it off. Don't like what's in the news paper, don't read it! Man, I'ts getting old, hearing individuals complain about doing something voluntarily, and expecting everyone else to get out of their way or fix their problem!! This is a FREE country, which means we are FREE to do or not do something! It also means you are free to express your dislike! Isn't it great!

jbtrailerjim
08-22-2004, 10:55 AM
I
Don't like, don't read. Easy solution. :hammer2:
That's the way I feel. It's the Sandbar and it's a place where people can post a thread about any random subject. If I'm not interested in the thread, I simply just don't read it.
I'm not much for the political thread's but they definitely don't need there own forums. Once the elections are over I'm thinking we won't see nearly as many.

ROZ
08-22-2004, 11:52 AM
This thread isn't PC :D

CEO
08-22-2004, 12:02 PM
Well Roz, you kinda know me a little by now, I am not P.C.!!!!!

beyondhelpin
08-22-2004, 08:46 PM
I see there have been 739 views but only 89 votes. Gotta vote for your opinion to matter! :hammerhea

dgie
08-22-2004, 09:05 PM
I see there have been 739 views but only 89 votes. Gotta vote for your opinion to matter! :hammerhea
Vote, did I hear vote? who is better Bush or Kerry? :D

HCS
08-23-2004, 08:14 AM
Vote, did I hear vote? who is better Bush or Kerry? :D
My vote goes to Bush. Kerry's a flake. :argue:
I always have thought that politics should have it's own section.
But.....what do I know? :idea:

spectratoad
08-23-2004, 08:19 AM
Well I voted for the politics to have its own thread before I voted against it.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5219&stc=1
Let me see how the poll goes before I make a decision. :sleeping: :idea:

HCS
08-23-2004, 08:21 AM
Well I voted for the politics to have its own thread before I voted against it.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5219&stc=1
Let me see how the poll goes before I make a decision. :sleeping: :idea:
lol. Atleast your made up your mind.

Froggystyle
08-23-2004, 08:51 AM
I think it should have it's own thread for sure.
Carry it elsewhere...

ROZ
08-23-2004, 09:01 AM
I think it should have it's own thread for sure.
Carry it elsewhere...
you spelled Kerry wrong :D

AleAlchemist
08-23-2004, 10:47 AM
I could see where this gets anoying, but the sandbar is for daily events, and it is a politicaly heavy year.

HCS
08-23-2004, 10:51 AM
I could see where this gets anoying, but the sandbar is for daily events, and it is a politicaly heavy year.
Especially when Kerry keeps lying about his miltary career to become president. :rolleyes:

JustMVG
08-23-2004, 11:22 AM
That Kerry what a prankster, has been Complaining about the Swift Boat guys, and the ties to the Bush admin, went and spent approximately 10 mill on ads critical of Bush and the commercials by the Swift Boat Guys, and just days before the ads are to run asks President Bush if he would denounce the ads so that the issue will just go away, expecting Bush and his Camp to say no, therefore he could run his ads, The Pres. said of course i'll denounce the ads, no problem, i guess so much for being a Dumb President.
Mike VG

mirvin
08-23-2004, 12:57 PM
If you don't like a thread THEN DON'T ****ING READ IT TERDBALL!!! That's you're right as a person of freedom. You have the right to not participate. You don't however have the right to attempt to regulate topics or speech contained within.
You sir can suckit.
mirvin :D

HCS
08-23-2004, 01:01 PM
If you don't like a thread THEN DON'T ****ING READ IT TERDBALL!!! That's you're right as a person of freedom. You have the right to not participate. You don't however have the right to attempt to regulate topics or speech contained within.
You sir can suckit.
mirvin :D
Maybe there should be a TERDBALL thread. :D

Havasu_Dreamin
08-23-2004, 01:03 PM
We we would have to have two.... :eek: One left and on right......LOL :2purples:
There is only one right! LMAO :rollside:

summerlove
08-23-2004, 01:06 PM
I could care less what HB does about this! This forum is heavily laden with right wing pinko fags :eek: and there is no way to offer an intelligent opinion without being flamed, so I've decided to stay away from the political threads, unless of course I change my mind. Which, of course, is my God given right as an American!:eek: :cool:

Havasu_Dreamin
08-23-2004, 01:09 PM
I could care less what HB does about this! This forum is heavily laden with right wing pinko fags :eek: and there is no way to offer an intelligent opinion without being flamed, so I've decided to stay away from the political threads, unless of course I change my mind. Which, of course, is my God given right as an American!:eek: :cool:
Dude, you're on vacation, loosen up a bit! LMAO
As long as they stay to their own thread, what's the point, just avoid it. No one said you have to read every thread. Some of the peeps in the political threads make themselves look like biggeer jacka$$es than they already appear to be.

OGShocker
08-23-2004, 01:11 PM
This forum is heavily laden with right wing pinko fags :eek: and there is no way to offer an intelligent opinion without being flamed, so I've decided to stay away from the political threads, unless of course I change my mind. Which, of course, is my God given right as an American!:eek: :cool:
How can one be both rightwinged and a "pinko"?
BTW Hot Boat,
Do what you will! I have decided to stay away from Summerlove, unless of course I change my mind at which time I will hunt him down and drink his Capt' Morgans!

68campbell
08-23-2004, 01:17 PM
I like the sandbar, its a catchall for everything.
Why do we need a REX catalog, just call over there and the have it or they tell you where to get it? Its cheaper than the cost of printing a 4-color catalog...Unless they are having me print it.

HCS
08-23-2004, 01:27 PM
Dude, you're on vacation, loosen up a bit! LMAO
As long as they stay to their own thread, what's the point, just avoid it. No one said you have to read every thread. Some of the peeps in the political threads make themselves look like biggeer jacka$$es than they already appear to be.
Thanks. :rolleyes: :D
In reality I stay away from most political threads myself.
It pisses me off when I vote anyway. Most issues go the oppisite way of what I vote. Mostly because I live in a commie state.
Is this reality? :idea:

Havasu_Dreamin
08-23-2004, 01:49 PM
Thanks. :rolleyes: :D
In reality I stay away from most political threads myself.
It pisses me off when I vote anyway. Most issues go the oppisite way of what I vote. Mostly because I live in a commie state.
Is this reality? :idea:
No problem! But truthfully, it wasn't directed at any one person.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-24-2004, 12:03 PM
While we're at it let's give Debbolas her own forum. And how about one for beer bongs and another for fake vs. real boobs :rollside:
Those items: beer bongs, real boobs, fake boobs and Debolas, all belong in/on/at the Sandbar. :wink:
I don't think there is the need for a separate forum. Most political threads have political titles, is it that hard to avoid them? Really, I don't care either way, but I voted not to separate them. I would also vote for Debolas for moderator, if she wants it. She seems open-minded and non-confrontational. It would be better than having two moderators who would disagree.
My .02

HCS
08-24-2004, 01:08 PM
There's moderators on here? :220v:

welk2party
08-26-2004, 10:20 AM
I normally do not care, except that they seem to dominate the forums right now. :frown:

dean51267
08-28-2004, 12:58 PM
See, America as a collective unit is pretty smart, that is the idea of a free country, but it is not a "Republican" or "Democrat" country, whoever has the better idea tends to have the weapons (ideas) to beat up those with lesser sides.
What we now see is a significant number of post from the right, the reason is simple, Kerry is unelectable. Get over it, in some 75 days it will be over.
/ :eat:

Scream
08-29-2004, 10:13 AM
Well, I've placed my vote for a temporary political forum, that'll keep it organized and compartmentalized, or whatever... And as for voting for Debbolas as Mod...how much does it pay? :wink:
Scream <---Glad to be home

ahhell
08-29-2004, 03:24 PM
Isnt this what the open forum is for???it will be over in a couple months and we can all go back to talking about our favorite whatevers and what our weekend plans are...yada yada yada. its brain food people.... help turn dems into us :D :D :D

Debbolas
08-29-2004, 09:44 PM
Those items: beer bongs, real boobs, fake boobs and Debolas, all belong in/on/at the Sandbar. :wink:
I don't think there is the need for a separate forum. Most political threads have political titles, is it that hard to avoid them? Really, I don't care either way, but I voted not to separate them. I would also vote for Debolas for moderator, if she wants it. She seems open-minded and non-confrontational. It would be better than having two moderators who would disagree.
My .02
Oh, you didn't see my post about the ***wipe that left me neg rep points, a message and no name.............(I can loose my temper sometimes, but I really try not too) :clover:

***boat
08-31-2004, 03:54 PM
Well OK, till the elections, or I get sick of it the new forum "Political Rhetoric" will be formed. DO NOT POST ANY MORE POLITICAL THREADS IN THE SANDBAR. I WILL NOT MOVE THEM FOR YOU, THEY WILL JUST BE DELETED.

Dave C
08-31-2004, 05:03 PM
can I cry "censorship" now (even though it isn't).
also I think the use of the term "rhetoric" to describe this thread is incorrect. Rhetoric is the persuasive use of speech.
technically what we are doing is complaining, arguing and calling each other names. That ain't rhetoric.
so if you're gonna put us way down in the basement why don't we come up with a better title.
May I suggest..... "banished" political threads or...... sort of free speech.....
just trying to help. ;)
BTW what ever happened to the good ole American saying..... "I may not like what your saying but I defend you right to say it"........ :confused: or... "the most unpopular speech is the type that needs the most defending."

Squirtin Thunder
08-31-2004, 05:14 PM
See we can make a difference !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been doing my own pole on the presidential race and it seens to me that 90% of the boaters poled are for Bush. Now it seems that the Cal boaters are the ones that Bush needs to talk to and get their vote. For some ungodly reason Cal boater/voters are mislead that George is screwing them in some way. Just remember that he does what he says. I think he has done everything he said he would do in some way. Don't expect that from Flippin John. Everyday he has a different plan.
Our votes do count so everyone go put your $.02 in at the poles in November !!!!!

Debbolas
08-31-2004, 05:50 PM
Do I need to start moderating now? :sqeyes:

***boat
08-31-2004, 06:04 PM
I think the use of the term "rhetoric" to describe this thread is incorrect. Rhetoric is the persuasive use of speech.
You are correct, however as shown below I was thinking more of number three (disapproving). Besides "Political Rhetoric" sounded better. I think moveon.org is going to sponsor the banner.
rhetoric [Show phonetics]
noun [U]
1 speech or writing which is intended to be effective and persuasive:
How far the president will be able to translate his campaign rhetoric into action remains to be seen.
I was swayed by her rhetoric into donating all my savings to the charity.
2 SPECIALIZED the study of the ways of using language effectively
3 DISAPPROVING clever language which sounds good but is not sincere or has no real meaning:
In reply to the question, he just produced a lot of empty (= meaningless) rhetoric.
(Disclaimer: the moveon.org thin was a joke)

OGShocker
08-31-2004, 09:11 PM
- Please consult your doctor before reading -
What is this BullS*it?

Dave C
09-01-2004, 07:37 AM
I agree that it has a nice "ring" but its still not correct.
while that may be technically correct especially when we quote John Kerry though his empty meaningless diatribes and his minions quoting the DNC talking points ;)...... but
some of what we discuss is REBUTTAL TO THE RHETORIC. To demonstrate that something is rhetoric, one must make a factual case to the contrary. Therefore some of what we do is debate.
although some responses, whining and complaining is "opinion" and therefore rhetoric ;)
sorry to nitpick. geez, you would think this is a boat site or something. ;)
3 DISAPPROVING clever language which sounds good but is not sincere or has no real meaning:
SIZE]