PDA

View Full Version : NOS is , well .........

Bryan Rose
08-22-2004, 02:16 PM
JUST PLAIN A KICK IN THE PANTS!
Well this weekend I finally sprayed my rig. Well the results were pretty fun to say the least. I have finally gotten the boat to run a consistant 80 with all throttle and no bottle with a best under perfect conditions of 82.2, this is with about 10-12 gallons of gas in lake trim with just me in it, this was spinning a hair above an Agressor B impellar to 5500 rpms. That was a lot of fun getting it there and it came out of the hole like a rocket.
I just thought it was fast but I sprayed it with a 150 shot of NOS and holy shiot this thing reacted very well to it. I picked up 500 revs and now can run 89.8 GPS verified on the bottle, motor sounds good at 6000 rpm's. I think it has a little left in it because I had to lift about 10 second into the full throttle run the first time, it was still climbing when I did. I made one more pass and got to 89.9 GPS before letting off again. I think if I hold it for about 15 seconds it will break the 90 MPH barrier, I hope. You guys who run that fast, my hat is off to you! The pump however is acting like it is running out of water. It is hard to explain but kind of weird, it is like you know it has more in it and then it falls on is face , then sort of grabs again and lets go again, very hard to explain, I am however going to install an H20 preassure guage on the intake so I can see whats going on inside there.
I only made 2 runs with it on the bottle and checked the plugs after the second run, they seem pretty clean but it does not look lean, I think on the next run I will up the fuel preassure on the selinoid to 7 psi, I started at 5 psi but I would rather have it a little rich than lean. I also hooked up an MSD timing retard box to reduce timing from 36 degress too 32 degrees under the bottle. It has a nifty function as well to retard the starting timing out as well. The whole thing seems to work very well and my motor idles better with more timing in it now, have to say I like that little box alot, and the locked out distributor.
So with that said I am a happy camper and scared myself a bit , the boat the first time I squeezed it got a little out of shape... to much diverter up...but the second time it seemed right on the money, smooth ride but loose at the same time.
Wow :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:
what a great weekend. And I must say I think my quest for speed is at a threshold with this particular hull, any faster and I want a tunnel hull.
Bryan

MikeF
08-22-2004, 02:25 PM
SWEEET! :D
Your getting me geared up! :cool:
Make sure you stay safe. :idea:

LVjetboy
08-22-2004, 09:08 PM
"The pump however is acting like it is running out of water. It is hard to explain but kind of weird, it is like you know it has more in it and then it falls on is face , then sort of grabs again and lets go again, very hard to explain, I am however going to install an H20 preassure guage on the intake so I can see whats going on inside there."
Don't forget the possibility of Nos surge. Especially long cycle not intake "hammer" Maybe unrelated to intake pressure or impeller cavitation symptoms except as a more basic cause?
"to much diverter up"
Put an up stop on it. At those speeds do you really need a big tail?
jer

Squirtcha?
08-22-2004, 09:38 PM
[i]"
Don't forget the possibility of Nos surge. Especially long cycle not intake "hammer" Maybe unrelated to intake pressure or impeller cavitation symptoms except as a more basic cause?
jer
That's what I was thinking too jer. I think you're on the right track by increasing your fuel pressure Bryan. Better too much fuel, than not enough (especially during initial dial-in).
Congrats on your newfound speed. I figured you'd be knocking on 90's door.

moneysucker
08-23-2004, 09:34 AM
You may need to add a little more shoe. You will have to get video or pix while running to see where you are at.

BrendellaJet
08-23-2004, 09:40 AM
You may need to add a little more shoe. You will have to get video or pix while running to see where you are at.
Yep, now its time for the shoe you've been pondering.

dmontzsta
08-23-2004, 10:20 AM
Sounds good, I cant wait to finish my setup.
BTW: What kit are you running?

Bryan Rose
08-23-2004, 02:56 PM
Sounds good, I cant wait to finish my setup.
BTW: What kit are you running?
NOS cheater system for dual Holley's. Forget the part #
Adjustable from 150-250 HP.
Bryan

Taylorman
08-25-2004, 07:53 AM
So you still have the tunnel ram?

Bryan Rose
08-25-2004, 11:35 AM
So you still have the tunnel ram?
Yep sure do.... However I changed from the Weiand unit to an Edelbrock unit... Only one gasket between the parts now instead of 3, Makes life more simple and less chance of Vacuum leak. Motor idles better now and I picked up about 50- 100 revs over the old 30 year old Dinasour. I am happy, it's still a little rich at idle but they say the 660's do that.
Bryan

Big Proppa
08-25-2004, 11:57 AM
If you hold it for 15 seconds you will probably break more than the 90 barrier :wink:

Jetboatguru
08-25-2004, 12:14 PM
If you hold it for 15 seconds you will probably break more than the 90 barrier :wink:
I must concur!!! :p

Bryan Rose
08-25-2004, 02:39 PM
Perhaps smoke a hole in the piston or worse