PDA

View Full Version : boat covers?

dgie
08-22-2004, 08:44 PM
I need to get one that fits my jet boat, but not sure what they are made of. I talked my sister into hooking one up for me, because she is an expert at sewing things. She said she would do it if I get the material. A lady at a local store here said she would use duck cloth for it, is that what I need to get or??

beyondhelpin
08-23-2004, 10:05 AM
Sunbrella is the best material to use. Great place here but you are a little far away. Here mine.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/81DSCF0051.JPG

THATJEFFGUY
08-23-2004, 02:45 PM
Don't use anything but Sunbrella ! It'lll withstand the weather and keep its color ! But I hope your sis has a super duty heavy duty sewing machine..that stuff ain't easy to sew !! Good Luck !

dgie
08-23-2004, 09:39 PM
Don't use anything but Sunbrella ! It'lll withstand the weather and keep its color ! But I hope your sis has a super duty heavy duty sewing machine..that stuff ain't easy to sew !! Good Luck !
I called around and found a place locally that has Sunbrella $12 a yard. The guy I talked to said that she should have no problem sewing it on her home sewing machine. Is it any tougher then vinyl? She already mad me some exhaust covers and a scoop cover out of vinyl. Some times it is good to have a sister. :2purples: