PDA

View Full Version : Russian Woman Says Olympics Gymnastics Was Fixed!

MagicMtnDan
08-23-2004, 12:18 AM
If you saw this beotch perform and saw her behavior and performance at the Olympics then you'd know how full of Russian horse shite she is. Besides she looks like a skeleton covered with a sheet of stretched out skin - try eating something! :eat:
Russian Gymnast Says Women's All-Around Was Fixed
Khorkina Quoted as Saying She Might Have Won if She Was 'From America'
By GENNADY FYODOROV, REUTERS
MOSCOW (Aug. 22) -- Russia's Svetlana Khorkina, who was second to American Carly Patterson in the women's all-round gymnastics competition, has accused the judges of robbing her of the gold medal and said "everything was decided in advance."
"I'm just furious," Khorkina, who had been favorite for the coveted title, was quoted as saying in the daily Izvestia. "I knew well in advance, even before I stepped on the stage for my first event, that I was going to lose."
"Everything was decided in advance. I had no illusions about this when the judges gave me 9.462 for the vault after conferring with one another at length.
"I practically did everything right, still they just set me up and fleeced me," she said in the interview published on Saturday.
Asked why she felt she was marked down by the judges, Khorkina said: "You better ask them. I think it's because I'm from Russia, not from America!"
When Khorkina won her silver medal on Thursday, she showed no outward signs of disappointment and said: "I think it's the best day of my life."
The Russian was also favorite for the all-round title four years ago in Sydney, where her hopes were dashed after she crashed to her knees from the vault. It was later discovered the horse had been set five centimetres too short.
She said she was hoping Sydney's experience would cause the judges to be more sympathetic to her plight in Athens -- her third and last Olympics.
Khorkina did not think Patterson was a deserving winner.
Asked if the American was a worthy opponent, she said: "I've seen a much tougher opposition than her. Let's see how long she can remain on top. Can she keep going and compete in two more Olympics like myself."

Rexone
08-23-2004, 12:59 AM
All the sports that are "judged" like this are kinda bogus imo. There are no "hard" performance guidelines like a race or a distance where there is a clear winner. Unfortunately there's no other way I can think of to evaluate these sports like gymnastics, diving, etc. The participants know this going in that it may not go their way depending on how a particular judge or group of judges view something. But being that most the judges aren't american I think the Russian chick's probably just pissed cause she got beat and cause she's beat the americans in other competitions.
How bout Paul Hamm who was awarded the all around Gold. Then told a couple days later that they f'ed up and someone else should have won it based on difficulty of a routine being judged wrong. But go ahead and keep it even though you really didn't win. Talk about an empty win...
The whole system is a bit bogus imo. But so is boxing and any other sport decided by "judges" rather than time or distance etc.

INXS
08-23-2004, 01:32 AM
I feel sorry for her, Hell I'll even try to :rollside: console her if I was there!

Sleek-Jet
08-23-2004, 05:21 AM
If you saw this beotch perform and saw her behavior and performance at the Olympics then you'd know how full of Russian horse shite she is. Besides she looks like a skeleton covered with a sheet of stretched out skin - try eating something! :eat:
...She said she was hoping Sydney's experience would cause the judges to be more sympathetic to her plight in Athens -- her third and last Olympics.
Yet she wanted preferancial treatment because of what happened 4 years ago. I bet if she comes to the US, she'll be a democrat. :D

Jeanyus
08-23-2004, 05:41 AM
The Greek baseball team is made up of people who were born in America.
And the American baseball team didn't even qualify, now thats rigged.
An American guy won the 200 meter backstroke by 3 body lengths, and was disqualified, becase a judge didn't like 1 of his turns. They replayed the turn, I'm no swimming judge, but his turn looked like all the rest of the guys.
Sounds Like the Commy gymnist is a sore looser.

Tommy1005
08-23-2004, 05:48 AM
but they did make that right when he immediately contested the call, and he was standing at the top of the podium to get his medal. I thought Carly nailed everything she needed to nail to win. And the best part of this is that last night Korkina fell on her uneven bar routine, wish she'd of done that in the all-around :)

Wally_Gator
08-23-2004, 06:08 AM
Paul Hamm not an empty win..
This quote from the CNN Olympics web site...
" So why not a second gold medal? Why not accommodate the upset Koreans and send everyone home happy? Well for one thing, you can make a pretty good case that, if you're going to go to the videotape, Yang shouldn't have won.
Yes, the videotape of the parallel bars showed the judges erred by assigning a 9.9 start value. But it showed something else, too. In the course of his routine, Yang had four holds on the bar, when the rules allow for a maximum of three. The deduction for that mistake? Two-tenths of a point.
The judges missed it.
It is not enough to say Paul Hamm should keep his gold medal. He's a deserving champion. Period."

AquaBoogie
08-23-2004, 08:27 AM
The crack-head looking Russian gymnast can stand to supersize her meals a few times. Man...someone giver her a cheeseburger!

Debbolas
08-23-2004, 08:30 AM
The Greek baseball team is made up of people who were born in America.
And the American baseball team didn't even qualify, now thats rigged.
An American guy won the 200 meter backstroke by 3 body lengths, and was disqualified, becase a judge didn't like 1 of his turns. They replayed the turn, I'm no swimming judge, but his turn looked like all the rest of the guys.
Sounds Like the Commy gymnist is a sore looser.
The Girls Softball team are of Greek origin (like 1/4 or 1/8) :D

eliminatedsprinter
08-23-2004, 08:44 AM
She's always seemed to be a bit of a crybaby. :cry: :cry: She seems to always have a look on her face like she just noticed a bad smell coming up from her shorts... :yuk:

HighRoller
08-23-2004, 09:28 AM
The thing that kills me is all these athletes that live in and make their living in America turn around and play for their "home country" against America. If it was up to me, their citizenship would be revoked immediately.

Ziggy
08-23-2004, 09:37 AM
Someone brave enough in her country needs to Biatch slap that Russian Crybaby and set her straight....maybe the slap in the face would turn her perpetual frown into a smile for a change......Then get her some good ol' corn fed beef and load her up....Friggin Twig :eek: :rolleyes:

Ivan Dan
08-23-2004, 09:38 AM
The thing that kills me is all these athletes that live in and make their living in America turn around and play for their "home country" against America. If it was up to me, their citizenship would be revoked immediately.
I agree 110% with this statement. They fight for their rights as _______-Americans and want equality here and then turn right around and go against the US in the Olympics. I personally find this funny because they seem like such hypocrites.

Debbolas
08-23-2004, 09:41 AM
It doesn't bother me that they play for another country. Think about it, the girls on the Greek Softball team, probably couldn't get on our team, so they went with the next best one.
Did you all see that the winner of the Womens marathon (the little Japanese girl) trains here in the US? It amazes me how many of these other country athletes train here.
:2purples:

Ivan Dan
08-23-2004, 09:43 AM
She's always seemed to be a bit of a crybaby. :cry: :cry: She seems to always have a look on her face like she just noticed a bad smell coming up from her shorts... :yuk:
Even throughout the All Arounds the announcers mentioned a few times that her own Russian team mates didn't like her much. Every other Russian gymnast gave each other hugs and kisses after each routine except her. They also said she was a model of some type which I can't understand because personally I think she's hideous. I think she needs a couple dozen donuts and stop exercising for a while.

ROZ
08-23-2004, 09:48 AM
My mother really follows gymnastics and says that the Russian girl has always been a poor sport crybaby.....
Dual citizenship can have it's advantages... I think those who can, should.

Seadog
08-23-2004, 10:06 AM
The South Koreans are really pushing for the two gold metals bit. I can see why they would. If they go for a rescore, it opens up a whole can of worms that could go against them. It also would make a farce of the judging. They would wind up with a gold and a bronze at best. If they get the shared gold, it is a group hug type move and they get a gold and a silver.

eliminatedsprinter
08-23-2004, 10:34 AM
HighRoller
About 99% of the time I agree with your posts, but not on this one. If I was somehow elidgible to compete in the Olympics for some other country and they wanted me (and I wasn't able to make our team) I'd go in a heartbeat. Being an olympian is such a great expieriance only a fool would pass up the chance. I have a good friend who was a very good cross country runner and 800 meter track runner. He was born in Jamaca, but raised in and a citizen of the U.S. He was good, but never good enough to get through the U.S. trials. He did however make the Jamacian cross country team one year and represent them in the world cross country championships. He is a super loyal americian and the idea that playing in a game or a sport for someone else could affect his citizenship well ....It's sport not warfare.
Set aside the emotion and stop thinking like a democrat. ;) Now take 3 big breaths and say, it's only a game, it's only a game, it's only a game, it's only a game.... :D :D :D

Ducatista
08-23-2004, 11:12 AM
They also said she was a model of some type which I can't understand because personally I think she's hideous. I think she needs a couple dozen donuts and stop exercising for a while.
She's a diva in Russia.....they can have her.

MagicMtnDan
08-23-2004, 11:38 AM
If I was somehow elidgible to compete in the Olympics for some other country and they wanted me (and I wasn't able to make our team) I'd go in a heartbeat. Being an olympian is such a great expieriance only a fool would pass up the chance.
That's why the Jamaicans had a bobsled team right? :D

eliminatedsprinter
08-23-2004, 12:45 PM
That's why the Jamaicans had a bobsled team right? :D
Your damn skippy, when you get a chance to go to the games you go. :D

spectratoad
08-23-2004, 12:53 PM
Last night in the hurdles (I think) one of the US women and I think the one from Sweden went to the University of Illinois together.
That Russian chick needs an attitude adjustment. She never gets congrats after her performance from her own team. Never Congrats the other members at their completion. At the beginning the commentators were talking about how at practice she comes in and only does what she has to and then leaves. She is a model or something I thought I heard.
She may just need a good cornholin'. :supp:

Havasu Hangin'
08-23-2004, 01:08 PM
"ET" was upset when she got a silver last year...she's always whining about something.

Dr. Eagle
08-23-2004, 02:39 PM
That Russian chick needs an attitude adjustment. She may just need a good cornholin'. :supp:
Screw that anorexic bag of bones... she is going off on a full PMS mode. She wasn't perfect and as Mike said above, judged sports leave a lot open to interpretation.

Tyson Ross
08-24-2004, 01:23 AM
Thats funny she thinks that as I thought she got inflated scores do to who she was!! She is like a senior citizen getting a discount at Denny's.. :( I laughed everytime she messed up. They say she is a model also??? :eek: Barf!!!!