PDA

View Full Version : Rough Weekend

Red Eye
08-23-2004, 11:52 AM
I headed up to Pismo Beach this weekend and half way there my 4 wheel drive service light comes on. I pull over and it doesn't engage until around 10 tries. So I take off again and when I get there my 4 wheel drive is completely out. I'm thinking, this sucks but I was ok because I was meeting family up there and they'd be able to tow me. I get to the camp spot and get my dog. Sometime when I thought she was sleeping she ate a 3' section of her leash and I had nothing to tie her up with. Now I'm frustrated and grab my first beer and the damn thing explodes in my face.
Next day -
I rent a sand buggy for my wife and 3 yr old son for a couple of hours and a hour into it, the rear shock unscrewed itself, the frame was sitting on the tire rubbing it's paint off, and the paddles ripped off from the frame sitting on it.
Long story short my weekend was shitty, but when I came home I had a fat check in the mail from a dispute w/ my former employer. So who wants a beer, I'm buying.

Keithb87
08-23-2004, 11:54 AM
I'll take one.. :shift:

RiverDave
08-23-2004, 12:00 PM
I headed up to Pismo Beach this weekend and half way there my 4 wheel drive service light comes on. I pull over and it doesn't engage until around 10 tries. So I take off again and when I get there my 4 wheel drive is completely out. I'm thinking, this sucks but I was ok because I was meeting family up there and they'd be able to tow me. I get to the camp spot and get my dog. Sometime when I thought she was sleeping she ate a 3' section of her leash and I had nothing to tie her up with. Now I'm frustrated and grab my first beer and the damn thing explodes in my face.
Next day -
I rent a sand buggy for my wife and 3 yr old son for a couple of hours and a hour into it, the rear shock unscrewed itself, the frame was sitting on the tire rubbing it's paint off, and the paddles ripped off from the frame sitting on it.
Long story short my weekend was shitty, but when I came home I had a fat check in the mail from a dispute w/ my former employer. So who wants a beer, I'm buying.
Well it sounds like it kinda shaped up at the end there? :D
RD

JetBoatRich
08-23-2004, 12:07 PM
Next day -
Sounds like it started off rough :hammerhea but I would not mind coming home to money :2purples:

Red Eye
08-23-2004, 03:28 PM
Well it sounds like it kinda shaped up at the end there? :D
RD
Yeah...not too bad. The damn dealership still doesn't have an answer on my truck yet.

PHOTOGLOU
08-23-2004, 04:03 PM
Yeah...not too bad. The damn dealership still doesn't have an answer on my truck yet.What kind of truck is it and what year???

Red Eye
08-23-2004, 11:11 PM
What kind of truck is it and what year???
2004 Dodge Hemi

RiverForUs
08-24-2004, 01:07 AM
here's how my weekend went 2 weeks ago at the river:
Wed 4 p.m.--van overheats :confused:
Thurs noon--lose both contact lenses after jumping in the water at Needles :frown:
Thurs 7 p.m.--ding/damage prop between the bridge and Avi
Thurs 10:30 p.m.--blow a Carlisle trailer tire on the way back to Laughlin :angry2:
Fri 8:30 a.m.--what should be a $450 prop costs me $660 in Bullhead--$710 after taxes:cry:
Fri 9:00 a.m.--drop off van @ GMC dealer, need a new radiator = $200+
Sat 1:30 p.m.--van repair not even started, they rush job to finish by 3
Sun 10 a.m.--"check gauges" light on dash is on--NO OIL PRESSURE--looks like during the rushed job they forgot to tighten the oil cooler line into the radiator, dumped oil all over the Belle parking lot. Call AAA for a tow back to the dealer :devil:
Sun 12:30 p.m.--lose the trailer brake lock-out insert at the launch ramp since the substitute tow vehicle doesn't have the 5-pin wire harness :confused:
Mon 11 a.m.--van finaly done, they only wipe down so I insist they steam clean/pressure wash
Mon 7 p.m.--looks like an oil leak from van in my driveway. They only pressure wash from the top and not the bottom so I have residual oil leaking from everywhere
Tues 11 a.m.--spend a couple of hours underneath van wiping down all the oil--luckily no drippings since and level is still full
Don't mean to hijack your thread but I think you got off easy :)
This was probably the WORST river trip I've ever had. However, nobody got injured so it still could have been WAY worse!

Mrs. casean
08-24-2004, 07:14 AM
Thurs noon--lose both contact lenses after jumping in the water at Needles :frown:
Thurs 10:30 p.m.--blow a Carlisle trailer tire on the way back to Laughlin :angry2:
Fri 8:30 a.m.--what should be a $450 prop costs me $660 in Bullhead--$710 after taxes:cry:
Sun 10 a.m.--"check gauges" light on dash is on--NO OIL PRESSURE--looks like during the rushed job they forgot to tighten the oil cooler line into the radiator :devil:
Sun 12:30 p.m.--lose the trailer brake lock-out insert at the launch ramp since the substitute tow vehicle doesn't have the 5-pin wire harness :confused:
Mon 11 a.m.--van finaly done, they only wipe down so I insist they steam clean/pressure wash
Mon 7 p.m.--looks like an oil leak from van in my driveway. They only pressure wash from the top and not the bottom so I have residual oil leaking from everywhere
Tues 11 a.m.--spend a couple of hours underneath van wiping down all the oil--luckily no drippings since and level is still full
This was probably the WORST river trip I've ever had. However, nobody got injured so it still could have been WAY worse!
Wow that is abunch of shitty stuff to happen in one weekend! Ouch! Looks like last weekend went well thought you you guys... Hopefully that made up for it all :D

bigd1
08-24-2004, 07:20 AM
It's always darkest before the dawn...

Red Eye
08-24-2004, 08:12 AM
Sun 10 a.m.--"check gauges" light on dash is on--NO OIL PRESSURE--looks like during the rushed job they forgot to tighten the oil cooler line into the radiator :devil:
That does sound pretty rough. Luckily I didn't have to lose any money over this.

beyondhelpin
08-24-2004, 10:01 AM
If it a Chevy with the push button 4 wheel drive, 90% of the time it is the button module on the dash. My new one cost me about $65 and fixed the light. Took about 5 minutes to change. My neighbor (just moved) is a GM rep and he pulled up the service manual on the computer about the light and it said to replace the button module.

Red Eye
08-24-2004, 10:16 AM
If it a Chevy with the push button 4 wheel drive, 90% of the time it is the button module on the dash. My new one cost me about $65 and fixed the light. Took about 5 minutes to change. My neighbor (just moved) is a GM rep and he pulled up the service manual on the computer about the light and it said to replace the button module.
Mine is a Dodge and the service manual doesn't even give any troubleshooting options. It justs says you need to take it in, so I'm hoping it's an easy fix. We'll see, I haven't heard anything yet.