PDA

View Full Version : Del Taco staws...........Why the hell are they so long?

lewiville
08-23-2004, 12:20 PM
its lunch time now and I decide to make my way to good o'll Del Taco, order my food and whats the first thing they give me, my drink (medium Dr. P.)and the longest straw they could ever produce to man kind. They have doing this for a long time now, does anyone know why these straws are long enough to poke your eye out?
Please advise

MsDrmr
08-23-2004, 12:26 PM
One reason the straws are so darn long is cause ding dongs like the one work orders a drink and the darn thing is served to her in a 1/2 gal bucket. LITERALLY.
(she got it from a kfc/taco bell drivethrough)

lewiville
08-23-2004, 12:31 PM
One reason the straws are so darn long is cause ding dongs like the one work orders a drink and the darn thing is served to her in a 1/2 gal bucket. LITERALLY.
(she got it from a kfc/taco bell drivethrough)
I think i'm gonna have to buy a pair of eye guards, every time i take drink the thing wants to go for the eye.

MsDrmr
08-23-2004, 12:49 PM
Yeah, it's a serious drink, hate to think of all the times I'd have to go to the bathroom after that one. That is one serious mug. I'd love to have one for iced tea or water, but soda, I don't think so, I'd be climbing the walls.
Lewville: by the way, in case you did not know, your supposed to aim for the lips :hammerhea not the eyes, unless of course, there is something you need to tell Us :wink:

phuggit
08-23-2004, 12:51 PM
McDonalds straws are the best.

HCS
08-23-2004, 12:52 PM
What happen? Did you.......get poked in the eye? :notam:

lewiville
08-23-2004, 01:03 PM
Yeah, it's a serious drink, hate to think of all the times I'd have to go to the bathroom after that one. That is one serious mug. I'd love to have one for iced tea or water, but soda, I don't think so, I'd be climbing the walls.
Lewville: by the way, in case you did not know, your supposed to aim for the lips :hammerhea not the eyes, unless of course, there is something you need to tell Us :wink:
its all in the action of the act. when you are writing on the board and reading the board, your not watching what the other hand is doing, somtimes that straw can " GETCHA" right in the eye socket. are you talkin about using protection, is that what our implying, use protection? :cool:

MsDrmr
08-23-2004, 01:44 PM
its all in the action of the act. when you are writing on the board and reading the board, your not watching what the other hand is doing, somtimes that straw can " GETCHA" right in the eye socket. are you talkin about using protection, is that what our implying, use protection? :cool:
Yeah yeah yeah, protection, thats good in all cases. I guess drinking, reading, and talking on the phone at one time should be left to the women like us who can multitask, you just need to stop what your doing, pick up the drink, take a drink,,,put the drink down s...l...o...w...l...y, then go bak to the computer :D :D (just some friendly advice, after all, I would not want you to loose an eye) check e-mail

79miller
08-23-2004, 02:13 PM
I hate it when you order a strawberry shake and you collapse a lung trying to suck half a strawbeerry through the same 24" straw. They it finally make's it through and you are pulling so much vacuum it ricochets around your mouth till it takes out a tonsil. My wife loves them. What a minute, what was this thread about?!?!

Three Days Only
08-23-2004, 02:20 PM
Thats pretty funny, I was thinking the exact same thing today!!!
#11 - Extra Taco
Jeff

Keithb87
08-23-2004, 02:31 PM
So you can put it in the drink holder in the car and just lean over to take a drink. :D It's a safety thing. You can keep both hands on the wheel and still enjoy liquid refreshment :D

MsDrmr
08-23-2004, 02:47 PM
thats a great reason Keith, how long did it take you to think that one up? :D

Keithb87
08-23-2004, 02:57 PM
thats a great reason Keith, how long did it take you to think that one up? :D
About 30 seconds... :D
It could also be to allow people ( I was going ot say women but I thought better of it) to put on thier makeup and talk on the cell phone while ballancing thier check book, but I didn't want to post that reason.. :D

MsDrmr
08-23-2004, 03:00 PM
About 30 seconds... :D
It could also be to allow people ( I was going ot say women but I thought better of it) to put on thier makeup and talk on the cell phone while ballancing thier check book, but I didn't want to post that reason.. :D
Sounds like ya know us pretty well. we can multitaks as I mentioned above, though we don't need to bend down and get the cup, don't ya know that we can do all that, and pick up the cup,, were just good that way (or stupid) :wink:

Keithb87
08-23-2004, 03:02 PM
:rollside: :rollside: :rollside: LMAO :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: