PDA

View Full Version : BeetleJuice

slowinhavasuskid
08-23-2004, 05:10 PM
Dad and I were wondering if anyone knows why the Hustler with the name BeetleJuice was being ticketed for under the bridge Sunday morning? :confused:

Kilrtoy
08-23-2004, 05:18 PM
Dont know, But I saw him come under the bridge around 11 or so, That thing is sweet....

Roxysnow
08-23-2004, 05:21 PM
We saw Beetlejuice leaving Nautical cove on Sunday (i think, drinkie, drinkie) or Saturday. Beautiful Boat! :hammerhea

shadow
08-23-2004, 05:27 PM
Dad and I were wondering if anyone knows why the Hustler with the name BeetleJuice was being ticketed for under the bridge Sunday morning? :confused:
I know Greg and he's not a drinker so my guess would be size limit.
Beetlejuice is 38 or 39 feet.

Dusty Times
08-23-2004, 07:33 PM
Beetlejuice is a 388 Hustler with 850 Phaff motors. I would say either the length or maybe the noise level but I wouldn't say anything was done wrong by Greg. A very experienced boater and responsible guy.

Steamin' Rice
08-23-2004, 07:40 PM
I'm pretty sure that he has mufflers on his boat, but maybe they were giving him a hassle for noise or for boat length.....

PHX ATC
08-23-2004, 07:41 PM
Ignorant here...what's the "rule" on boat length?

Thunder Struck
08-23-2004, 07:45 PM
Ignorant here...what's the "rule" on boat length?
36 and over...

Kilrtoy
08-23-2004, 07:45 PM
36' in the channel

racecar.hotshoe
08-23-2004, 07:54 PM
How big is that three level tour boat????????

shadow
08-23-2004, 08:00 PM
Bigger than Beetlejuice! Those rules only apply to us not them! :confused:

PHOTOGLOU
08-23-2004, 08:00 PM
I have a 42 and have been cited $500 ticket they say its because when you park you block the chanel and other boats have a hard time parking around your boat. So I asked if i could cruise thru and was told next time we see you in here your going to jail Boat Cop help I'm not a felon

cigarette1
08-23-2004, 08:17 PM
You can have any size boat in the channel .... if the pilot has a Captain's licence :wink:

PHOTOGLOU
08-23-2004, 08:18 PM
how do I get one of those???

cigarette1
08-23-2004, 08:20 PM
how do I get one of those???
Study hard ... lots of test ... lots of fees :confused:
Ask Big Chubby

locogringo
08-23-2004, 08:24 PM
You can have any size boat in the channel .... if the pilot has a Captain's licence :wink:
that's what I was gonna say. The guy who own the RiverRat boat was going to get one because he was hassled a couple of times even though his boat is considered "legal".

PHOTOGLOU
08-23-2004, 08:24 PM
Study hard ... lots of test ... lots of fees :confused:
Ask Big Chubby
Does he feel like driving the boat???

BeetleJuice
08-23-2004, 08:40 PM
I cruised into the channel and parked at about 11AM Sunday morning to meet up with friends and a Lake Havasu PD in a golf cart came up to me and ask how long my boat was and I said 38 feet and then he told me that any boat 36 feet or more is not allowed in the channel at anytime on anyday. He then radio'd to the Boat Cop and they came over real quick like I was some crimminal and approached me aggressively and the LHPD Boat Cop had a total attitude while reading me the right act of being to big for the channel and the problems associated with it. I hope like hell this bullshit ticket won't cost me $500. If so that's just another way Lake Havasu is ripping us boaters (who spend a lot of money in LHC) off! $50 would be a fair price for this ticket. I did no harm to anyone, or got into anyone's way and I didn't create a safety problem for anyone. I have been in the channel several times before with BeetleJuice and have had Sherrif boats wave to me with a smile. I have seen many boats in the channel over 36 feet and they are never hassled by PD. In fact a handful of my friends with over 36 footers on this very same weekend hung out Friday, Saturday and Sunday for several hours each day in the channel and never got hassled. For some reason I was singled out and treated like a drunk or a crimminal. It was 11AM and I had not even had a drop of beer in me. August 1st-5th my family and I stayed at the London Bridge resort and docked our boat in a slip at the LB resort and we had to cruise back and forth through the channel everyday at least two times, going and coming back at the end of the day and never had one problem. I am totally shocked to hear from the above post that this ticket cost $500. If this is true and I have to pay $500 I will have a real sour taste about Havasu and may reconsider where I spend my future vacation dollars. :mad:

Kilrtoy
08-23-2004, 08:46 PM
YEP, the channel was pretty empty and I remember you pulled along side another Really big boat, I almost want to say the same size as yours. The cops passed us as we were walking away.
Thats not cool. Hope it works out for you.

shadow
08-23-2004, 08:53 PM
I cruised into the channel and parked at about 11AM Sunday morning to meet up with friends and a Lake Havasu PD in a golf cart came up to me and ask how long my boat was and I said 38 feet and then he told me that any boat 36 feet or more is not allowed in the channel at anytime on anyday. He then radio'd to the Boat Cop and they came over real quick like I was some crimminal and approached me aggressively and the LHPD Boat Cop had a total attitude while reading me the right act of being to big for the channel and the problems associated with it. I hope like hell this bullshit ticket won't cost me $500. If so that's just another way Lake Havasu is ripping us boaters (who spend a lot of money in LHC) off! $50 would be a fair price for this ticket. I did no harm to anyone, or got into anyone's way and I didn't create a safety problem for anyone. I have been in the channel several times before with BeetleJuice and have had Sherrif boats wave to me with a smile. I have seen many boats in the channel over 36 feet and they are never hassled by PD. In fact a handful of my friends with over 36 footers on this very same weekend hung out Friday, Saturday and Sunday for several hours each day in the channel and never got hassled. For some reason I was singled out and treated like a drunk or a crimminal. It was 11AM and I had not even had a drop of beer in me. August 1st-5th my family and I stayed at the London Bridge resort and docked our boat in a slip at the LB resort and we had to cruise back and forth through the channel everyday at least two times, going and coming back at the end of the day and never had one problem. I am totally shocked to hear from the above post that this ticket cost $500. If this is true and I have to pay $500 I will have a real sour taste about Havasu and may reconsider where I spend my future vacation dollars.
Sorry to hear of the harassment Greg. :frown: I,m sure a warning and tell you to leave the channel would have been sufficent.may still have been BS but a ticket?Good luck and I hope it,s not $500. Maybe they're JEALOUS :mad: that they will never have the experience to ride in something as sweet as Beetljuice.

Havasu Hangin'
08-23-2004, 08:55 PM
Where's Lowriver?

slowinhavasuskid
08-23-2004, 08:59 PM
Thats shi**y! I of course live here in havasu and I can tell you one reason I think you got a ticket is because of one of the officers that was on duty. She is a bi**h. If she is not writting people up she is not happy. She has to get involved in the smallest things. There have been numerous boats bigger than BeetleJuice (Skaters for example) that are not hassled at at all. Sorry man about what happend. :frown: we hope you come back again. :(

PHOTOGLOU
08-23-2004, 09:01 PM
I cruised into the channel and parked at about 11AM Sunday morning to meet up with friends and a Lake Havasu PD in a golf cart came up to me and ask how long my boat was and I said 38 feet and then he told me that any boat 36 feet or more is not allowed in the channel at anytime on anyday. He then radio'd to the Boat Cop and they came over real quick like I was some crimminal and approached me aggressively and the LHPD Boat Cop had a total attitude while reading me the right act of being to big for the channel and the problems associated with it. I hope like hell this bullshit ticket won't cost me $500. If so that's just another way Lake Havasu is ripping us boaters (who spend a lot of money in LHC) off! $50 would be a fair price for this ticket. I did no harm to anyone, or got into anyone's way and I didn't create a safety problem for anyone. I have been in the channel several times before with BeetleJuice and have had Sherrif boats wave to me with a smile. I have seen many boats in the channel over 36 feet and they are never hassled by PD. In fact a handful of my friends with over 36 footers on this very same weekend hung out Friday, Saturday and Sunday for several hours each day in the channel and never got hassled. For some reason I was singled out and treated like a drunk or a crimminal. It was 11AM and I had not even had a drop of beer in me. August 1st-5th my family and I stayed at the London Bridge resort and docked our boat in a slip at the LB resort and we had to cruise back and forth through the channel everyday at least two times, going and coming back at the end of the day and never had one problem. I am totally shocked to hear from the above post that this ticket cost $500. If this is true and I have to pay $500 I will have a real sour taste about Havasu and may reconsider where I spend my future vacation dollars. :mad:
I had been in ther all weekend that I got a ticket and had a pass for the docks at london bridge resort was told i should have got a ticket the day before but they were busy giving another boat a ticket for being warned the day before The cops answer was buy a smaller boat or go home. My boat is Federaly documented in Havasu I own a house there not at all happy. There was a city council member or someone from the city awhile back posting about flights from cali to Havasu anybody know where that tread is???

BeetleJuice
08-23-2004, 09:01 PM
Thanks Shadow! At first I thought the golf cart cop was just going to give me a warning and tell me to leave, which would of kept me out of the channel, but then he had to radio for the Dickhead LHPD BoatCop. But I guess they want their money. Shadow you are right, they will never have the opportunity to get a ride in BeetleJuice. :D

KACHINA KEN
08-23-2004, 09:07 PM
they came over real quick like I was some crimminal and approached me aggressively and the LHPD Boat Cop had a total attitude while reading me the right act of being to big for the channel and the problems associated with it.QUOTE]
[QUOTE=BeetleJuice]I am totally shocked to hear from the above post that this ticket cost $500. If this is true and I have to pay $500 I will have a real sour taste about Havasu and may reconsider where I spend my future vacation dollars.
I know what you mean, when my boat was towed in front of London Bridge when i was attending our RRX function at the same resort I went verbally ballistic on the guy at Adventure sports that towed it, this promted them calling in 5 of the LHCPD to the scene which was totally unnecessary. And since i had been at a party so i had been drinking so automatically anything I said was disregarded. The really messed up part is one of the officers sorta knew me, we had talked on several occasions. He tried to tell the lead cop I was cool ( in cop speak) to which he responded " I got this". What the hell does that mean???
Well at the risk of sounding like an elitist dick, a $50 ticket really doesn't do much to motivate me or anyone else I know who has a big boat not to do something again :D The powers that be probably picked up on that one awhile ago.
In Closing.
I'm going to go out on a limb and make a prediction here. If LHC officials persist in the persecution of power boating enthusiasts we will go elsewhere, there are other places then LHC to get down and dirty on the water. Every time I go to LHC it is at least a $600 expense at minimum for accomadations and fuel, add in another $400 for entertainment and food then multiply that times 9 and roughly I account for $9,000.00 a year to LHC overall tourist trappings. Now just take a nice round number of 100 members of Hot Boat and you have $900,000.00, almost a million dollars a year in voices that could be heard.Just think about it.

eljefe
08-23-2004, 09:28 PM
Greg:
Sorry about the ticket. We had fun hanging out with you and Jeff this weekend - sucks to end your weekend like that.
Jeff

MudPumper
08-23-2004, 09:28 PM
You should have told him it was 36'. I would love to see him bust out his department issue model 1900 Stanley Tape Measure to see if you were telling the truth. Then if he found out it was 38 ft just reply, the guy at the boat dealer told me it was only 36', that must be 38ft including the swim steps. :argue:

Huckleberry
08-24-2004, 05:05 AM
This type of crap is getting ridiculous. The City of Lake Havasu better be careful. All the petty BS they're doing to the boaters is gonna catch up with them. They're biting the hands that feed them every day!

SSTahoe
08-24-2004, 06:00 AM
I have a Sonic 42ss, My family and I are coming down to LH for Thanksgiving plus we are bring a 29' Fountain. We are staying at the Nautical Estates? I am not familar with the area were can I dock my boat that is safe and I don't want to have a problem with your local little mob squad giving out $500.00 tickets :frown:. I am thinking about changing my vacation spot if the water cops frown on larger boats. Is there any on-line maps of the water ways, or your city that could help me??? Thanks hope to see some of you their.

Huckleberry
08-24-2004, 06:27 AM
SSTahoe,
Here's a link to RiverRatLife's website with all the links you're looking for.
RiverRatLife's Havasu Info (http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=2)

BeetleJuice
08-24-2004, 08:02 PM
SSTahoe, the channel is only one small hangout area about 1% or less of the total size of Lake Havasu. Even though it's a popular hangout area, there are many other spots to hang out and have fun with fellow boaters. The 36' size limit only pertains to being inside the channel. You can have fun on the rest of the large lake in any size of boat you want. Just stay away from those $500 tickets.

bgchuby
08-24-2004, 08:54 PM
I was the other boat next to greg when they gave him the ticket. The police always told me that they only care about large boats on holiday weekends because of the crowding. These cops had nothing better to do on a slow sunday morning. I told them that I was behind in getting a captains lisense so that I would follow the rules of havasu but the prick told me that unless the boat is hauling for hire the lisense does not mean anything. The way I look at it I will get the commercial lisense and then have my passangers sign a form that I charged them $1.00 for the weekend. LHP can not tell me how much to charge. Then I was reminded by the prick not to bring up anything about the marina problems to the prick boat cop. Don't know the boat cops name but he is a tall skinny egotistic a hole wtih a northeastern accent. Havasu can go **** themselves and they can support the city off of the teenagers that vacation by sleeping in there cars and eating at taco bell.
The blond female police officer told me that to change the size law we need to get the city counsel to change the wording to no houseboats instead of no boats over 36ft. So the big question is how do we address the city counsel when we live here in calif. maybe we can all pool some money and hire an attorney to see the counsel for us? Any suggestions?

PHOTOGLOU
08-24-2004, 09:51 PM
I was the other boat next to greg when they gave him the ticket. The police always told me that they only care about large boats on holiday weekends because of the crowding. These cops had nothing better to do on a slow sunday morning. I told them that I was behind in getting a captains lisense so that I would follow the rules of havasu but the prick told me that unless the boat is hauling for hire the lisense does not mean anything. The way I look at it I will get the commercial lisense and then have my passangers sign a form that I charged them $1.00 for the weekend. LHP can not tell me how much to charge. Then I was reminded by the prick not to bring up anything about the marina problems to the prick boat cop. Don't know the boat cops name but he is a tall skinny egotistic a hole wtih a northeastern accent. Havasu can go **** themselves and they can support the city off of the teenagers that vacation by sleeping in there cars and eating at taco bell.
The blond female police officer told me that to change the size law we need to get the city counsel to change the wording to no houseboats instead of no boats over 36ft. So the big question is how do we address the city counsel when we live here in calif. maybe we can all pool some money and hire an attorney to see the counsel for us? Any suggestions?I was told the same thing about busy weekends on 4 th of july then 2 weeks later got my ticket by the same tall blonde boat officer that told me that. I own a house there so if an attorney is what we want and we need a resident I will get a arizona D L this week how much can it cost I put up $ 500 I'll save that on my next ticket let alone jail

bgchuby
08-25-2004, 06:30 AM
Jay I will see you this weekend at the scope poker run, lets sit down with greg and try to figure out a way to solve the problem. I don't want to give up havasu but a 500 dollar ticket is not worth it. I have better things to do than get a ticket from some idiot cop that lives in a house with wheels on it.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-25-2004, 07:12 AM
First off, there is no reason for the way the PD treated you, period. It all could have been handled it a much better way. However, if the law is no longer than 36 ft, then that's the law, don't complain about it. Does everyone here complain when they knowingly exceed the speed limit and get caught? I doubt it. Now, if the law is not equally enforced, which we can pretty much assume it isn't,then that is something to complain about. Also, my understanding that the law was originally put in place to prevent houseboats from coming in the channel. Given this, perhaps the law should be changed to specifically address houseboats.

cigarette1
08-25-2004, 09:21 AM
PHOTOGLOU,
I saw in the SCOPE Poker Run info page a Silver Sponsor that had the name PHOTOGLOU referenced. Is that you? If so, thanks for the sponsorship.
G
Old School SCOPE Member

bgchuby
08-25-2004, 10:54 AM
havasu dreamin, if you read my post you would have seen that the blonde police officer told us that the law needs to be changed to no houseboats. I spoke to a Lt. Peterson of the havasu police three years ago after being asked to leave the channel. He was a very nice man and we had a great conversation. He agreed that the law was put into place to keep the rental houseboats from entering the channel. He also was the person that told me that if you have a coast guard commerial lisense you can bypass the ordenance. I have been told by him and other cops that the city counsel needs to change the law. the police are only enforcing it. I still say lets hire an attorney to go in front of the counsel to see about amending the law. Lets talk about this at the scope poker run this weekend.

PHOTOGLOU
08-25-2004, 11:10 AM
PHOTOGLOU,
I saw in the SCOPE Poker Run info page a Silver Sponsor that had the name PHOTOGLOU referenced. Is that you? If so, thanks for the sponsorship.
G
Old School SCOPE MemberYes thats me and our company. This should be a great run, and all the SCOPE and Hot Boat members have been very loyal to Camino Real Chevrolet. SO THANKS

Havasu_Dreamin
08-25-2004, 11:40 AM
I still say lets hire an attorney to go in front of the counsel to see about amending the law. Lets talk about this at the scope poker run this weekend.
I don't think an attorney is needed. The issue just needs to be presented in front of the city council. Unfortunately for 95% of us, the council meetings are on Tuesday's and we are weekenders. If I knew that an agenda item of importance to me was going to be on the agenda I would show up assuming I could get away. the best course of action I think is to talk with the council and plead the case. The current does not affect us as we are under the limit, but if it truly is only for houseboats, then it really should be changed to say only houseboats.

Havasu Cig
08-25-2004, 11:58 AM
Screw Havasu!!!
I have had about enough of their BS. Maybe it is time to sell the house. :mad:

Essex502
08-25-2004, 01:10 PM
On several occasions I've seen the Magic 44' cat in the channel including during the annual Xmas boat parade. I guess that they sometimes make exceptions.

Essex502
08-25-2004, 01:11 PM
Another thought...
What are you gigantic fockers doing on that lit'l lake anyway...what about Mead or the focking ocean? ;) Just ripping you one in jest! :D

bgchuby
08-26-2004, 05:22 AM
we are there to create a little rough water so that you lake boats have something to talk about. flat water is no fun anyway

Essex502
08-26-2004, 05:51 AM
we are there to create a little rough water so that you lake boats have something to talk about. flat water is no fun anyway
'Cause of all you luxury liners I am going to have to "up-size" soon! :D

SSTahoe
08-26-2004, 06:09 AM
HA, HA, I love the abuse we get when we have a larger boats, that show's off the true addiction for abusing the natural resources :D the tree huggers just love us! Any boaters the would like to set up some kinda of run at Lake tahoe for the 2005 season let me know, the lake is really nice during the early summer! I know, I know it is really cold!!!!! Lake Tahoe has really come around for stuff to do and place's to eat.....sammy just opened up a Cabo Wabo Cantina and their is alot of other night life and plenty for the family too...
www.tahoesbest.com

Essex502
08-26-2004, 06:19 AM
HA, HA, I love the abuse we get when we have a larger boats, that show's off the true addiction for abusing the natural resources :D the tree huggers just love us! Any boaters the would like to set up some kinda of run at Lake tahoe for the 2005 season let me know, the lake is really nice during the early summer! I know, I know it is really cold!!!!! Lake Tahoe has really come around for stuff to do and place's to eat.....sammy just opened up a Cabo Wabo Cantina and their is alot of other night life and plenty for the family too...
www.tahoesbest.com
I've never boated on Lake Tahoe but did spend a memorable week skiing at Squaw Valley back in '92. What a beautiful place!

Havasu Cig
08-26-2004, 08:41 AM
www.tahoesbest.com
We have a couple cabins on the water in Meeks bay. They have been in my other 1/2's family for along time but I have only been there once in 9 years. We need to make a trip with the boat one of these days. They have a nice sand beach in a cove with a buoy to tie up to. Just along tow from San Diego.

SSTahoe
08-26-2004, 08:52 AM
I don't blame you about the tow From San Diego, Meeks bay is really nice. Tahoe is getting to be a good spot for hot boats a few cat's mainly a v-bottom lake due to the conditions. some of the best spots, Skunk harbor, hidden beach, their is plenty of bar & Grills on the water now.

PHOTOGLOU
08-26-2004, 11:56 AM
www.tahoesbest.comI'm in whenever

PHOTOGLOU
08-30-2004, 05:40 PM
Will be heading out to Havasu this Thursday and meeting with 2 different Atty's to get an idea of what is going to be possible to get the signs changed to read HOUSEBOATS 36' and over not allowed in the channel. I need to get a real count (talked to alot of people at the SCOPE poker run) on who is willing to throw $200 at this to try to retain an Atty. to help us with this. IF YOU HAVE A BOAT OVE 36 FT IN THE CHANNEL EVER IT WILL COST YOU $500 OR JAIL. lets do this once and give us another place to go to when in Havasu FOREVER. Jay Photoglou 714 552 0300

Havasu Cig
08-30-2004, 06:09 PM
Count me in. I am actually heading out to Havasu in the morning (got a call that my sprinklers are stuck on from the city :jawdrop: ).
Let me know what happens with the attorney's and if you need any help.
BTW, nice meeting you at the Scope run.

bgchuby
08-30-2004, 07:14 PM
Jay it was good to finally meet you. You can count me in for help in fighting this law. Just ask Efrain and he has my work number and you can call me anytime that you need help.

BeetleJuice
08-30-2004, 08:31 PM
Jay, count me in. Let us know when and where to send the check?

PHOTOGLOU
08-30-2004, 09:00 PM
come on theres more people than this that have big boats or know someone that does. lets make a statement who knows maybe this will make the marina think about messing with us if we can take on goverment and win how will the marina stand a chance????

Havasu Cig
08-31-2004, 07:43 AM
to the top.

Three Days Only
08-31-2004, 12:56 PM
Count Me In For 200.00
Jeff

KACHINA KEN
08-31-2004, 01:32 PM
come on theres more people than this that have big boats or know someone that does. lets make a statement who knows maybe this will make the marina think about messing with us if we can take on goverment and win how will the marina stand a chance????
Check your voicemail

shadow
08-31-2004, 06:32 PM
Jay, count me in. Let us know when and where to send the check?
Greg, When? ASAP, Where? To my house. :D :D
Another great shot of Beetlejuice.always enjoy pics of your boat!