PDA

View Full Version : Dave Matthews Band

Slib77
08-24-2004, 09:12 AM
Anyone else going this weekend?
They put on one of the best shows I've ever seen.
Serge

MsDrmr
08-24-2004, 09:24 AM
hadent heard they were playing, mr and I love them, where are they playing and when??

Slib77
08-24-2004, 09:26 AM
This Sat. and Sunday at the Home Depot Center. Tix still available. We saw them there last year. Great venue.
DMB
Black Eyed Peas
Ben Harper

Froggystyle
08-24-2004, 09:33 AM
I used to love them until I found out they were Commie hippies.

Slib77
08-24-2004, 10:53 AM
What Froggy?
All I know is that they are some of the best musicians on the planet and that I enjoy listening to their music. They might be hippies, but they still have one of the best drummers in the biz.
Serge

Outnumbered
08-24-2004, 10:55 AM
I used to love them until I found out they were Commie hippies.
Ditto...they were my favorite band until they jumped on the Anti-Bush tour. Now they will get no more of my money to fund the anti-Bush movement.
:yuk: L

JetBoatRich
08-24-2004, 11:02 AM
My wife has been bugging me to take her :idea: I bought tickets to the concert at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. Should be a great night on the town. :redface:

HCS
08-24-2004, 11:04 AM
My wife has been bugging me to take her :idea: I bought tickets to the concert at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. Should be a great night on the town. :redface:
Watch out for pinko fags! :2purples:

HCS
08-24-2004, 11:08 AM
The Dixie Chick and Bruce Springsting "however you spell his name"
are both touring on the anti-Bush platform. There teaming up.

JetBoatRich
08-24-2004, 11:12 AM
Watch out for pinko fags! :2purples:
Thanks for the advice, I will also pass it on to her :lightsabe

Froggystyle
08-24-2004, 11:36 AM
I'll listen to their music again, but not until after the elections.
I hate nothing worse than going and seeing a band I like/love and having it turn into a Democratic National Convention.
With all of the politics Dave has become involved in recently, you can guarantee a bunch of it.
Carter is the man. No doubt. I still won't support their agenda right now.
On this note though, as contradictory as it may seem, I am a huge supporter of what he is doing. That he and I disagree is irrelevant. He is using whatever little bit of leverage he may hold in society to further his cause, and that I can respect and appreciate. I will not knowingly support it, and will do without what will undoubtedly be a great concert because of it. He is taking that risk.
I guess what I am trying to say is, at least he is doing something. As misguided as I feel he is, he is making an effort to exact a change. Beats the hell out of complaining if you ask me.

Froggystyle
08-24-2004, 11:38 AM
The Dixie Chick and Bruce Springsting "however you spell his name"
are both touring on the anti-Bush platform. There teaming up.
Used to like Bruce too. Can't listen to him anymore. What can I say... I think less of him knowing that is the way he feels. I have lost respect.
I always thought the Dixie Chix sucked, so no loss there...
I used to like Green Day too. :(

Magic34
08-24-2004, 11:43 AM
Used to like Bruce too. Can't listen to him anymore. What can I say... I think less of him knowing that is the way he feels. I have lost respect.
I always thought the Dixie Chix sucked, so no loss there...
I used to like Green Day too. :(
I echo all that as well Froggy.

HCS
08-24-2004, 12:38 PM
There's always Ted Nugent and Toby Keith.
http://www.tnkfk.com/sandbox/Ted__Toby_Salute.jpg
LINK (http://www.tnkfk.com/sandbox/)

Dave C
08-24-2004, 01:49 PM
Don't pick up any loose change! :yuk: :eek:

Desert Rat
08-24-2004, 02:35 PM
Hope they don't empty there bus crap tank again on a bridge like they did in Chicago :yuk:

Desert Rat
08-24-2004, 02:37 PM
Stay away from the public restrooms in GGP!! You might run into a few George Micheal types :eek:

Slib77
08-24-2004, 02:43 PM
We could not get tickets for the SF show. Bummer. Have fun JBR.
The Central Park DVD is awesome. I have seen that thing a hundred times and can't recall them bashing anyone.
I hear where you are coming from Wes. I pretty much don't let someone elses political views get to me. I go for the music. Someone elses right to free speech does not ruin the night for me. I'm there to see Carter tear up the drums.
P.S. Dixie Chicks Suck A$$.

1978 Rogers
08-24-2004, 02:43 PM
I saw DM at the Columbia River Gorge a couple of years ago. Some dumbass walking by dropped his joint on me. There is alot of smoke at those shows. I'm glad I didn't inhale like Clinton. :jawdrop: :D :D

Outnumbered
08-24-2004, 03:16 PM
We could not get tickets for the SF show. Bummer. Have fun JBR.
The Central Park DVD is awesome. I have seen that thing a hundred times and can't recall them bashing anyone.
I hear where you are coming from Wes. I pretty much don't let someone elses political views get to me. I go for the music. Someone elses right to free speech does not ruin the night for me. I'm there to see Carter tear up the drums.
P.S. Dixie Chicks Suck A$$.
I'm with you but the problem is that they ARE throwing their views in your face. You want to hear them play not preach.
Fock em
OL

KACHINA KEN
08-24-2004, 03:22 PM
There's always Ted Nugent and Toby Keith.
http://www.tnkfk.com/sandbox/Ted__Toby_Salute.jpg
LINK (http://www.tnkfk.com/sandbox/)
Thats not a proper salute.

Slib77
08-24-2004, 03:23 PM
I guess I've been lucky the last 3 times that I've seen them.

Slib77
08-24-2004, 03:24 PM
Thats not a proper salute.
No it's not.

Outnumbered
08-24-2004, 04:08 PM
I guess I've been lucky the last 3 times that I've seen them.
Have you seen them since they started on the Anti-Bush tour? That is what I am talking about. Not their older shows.
OL

Slib77
08-24-2004, 04:21 PM
Last time I saw them was last August @ the Home Depot Center.

eliminatedsprinter
08-24-2004, 04:24 PM
I thought the D M Band was Ok, but it won't be one bit hard to dump them for their trashy politics. I've never much liked Springstien either. As for the Dixie Chicks, they don't even rate as a good HS prom band. There are a few artists out there who's politics I don't want to know, because I'd like to keep enjoying their stuff.....I dosn't really bother me that so many artists lean to the left in their politics. After all, I kind of expect it from people who are so close to their emotions and who really don't have time to study public policy and think things through. It's more the schrill low class way they present their ideas that turns me off to so many of them.

Slib77
08-24-2004, 07:36 PM
Wow. Pretty funny. I was just hoping to see if anyone was going to the show.

Froggystyle
08-28-2004, 10:15 PM
Wow. Pretty funny. I was just hoping to see if anyone was going to the show.
Talk to me early next year. I am sure I will be back to catching every DMB show I can. I just don't support his cause right now, and he has been overt with his declaration that the proceeds from this tour go to, what is essentially the DNC. I believe the actual organization he is contributing proceeds to is moveon.org, which is the public relations site for the liberal dems.

Slib77
08-29-2004, 09:18 AM
Great show last night. He never said anyting political.
Ben Harper was awesome.