PDA

View Full Version : 100's of Kerry/Gump Signs Missing in Florida

carbonmarine
08-24-2004, 01:07 PM
I think its great !!!! ... I thinks its great for The Republican Business Man who probably printed them !!!!
:D Rick32
Officials: Hundreds Of John Kerry Yard Signs Stolen In Fla.
Region known as 'Bush Country'
POSTED: 6:49 am EDT August 24, 2004
UPDATED: 11:30 am EDT August 24, 2004
PENSACOLA, Fla. -- Hundreds of yard signs supporting Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry have been stolen and vandalized in this heavily Republican region known as "Bush Country," officials said, prompting some Kerry supporters to hang signs from trees to deter burglars.
About 350 signs have been stolen, according to Panhandle for Kerry organizers, which met with Pensacola police Monday. The group has distributed nearly 3,400 signs.
Police said they would increase patrols and Panhandle for Kerry members planned to conduct neighborhood watches, said the group's chairman, Jerry Holt.
"We have the availability, the funds and the will to replace every sign when we find out it's missing," he said.
Pensacola resident Anne Bennett lost four Kerry signs from her front yard before putting out a homemade sign that read "Nice people don't steal or vandalize." She hung her latest sign from a pine tree limb 15 feet in the air.
"It's like you don't have a right to participate in the public debate unless you are in the majority, and that is not one of the principles on which our country was founded," she said.
Northwest Florida is a Bible Belt region filled with military bases, veterans and Republican voters. In 2000, President George W. Bush beat Democrat Al Gore by better than a 2-1 margin.
Those caught stealing signs could be charged with petty theft or criminal mischief, said Bonnie Jones, Escambia County supervisor of elections.
Holt said he doesn't believe the thieves were affiliated with the local Republican Party.

eliminatedsprinter
08-24-2004, 04:01 PM
They are lucky, people who have Bush signs in Democratic areas are getting their houses and cars vandalized....

Debbolas
08-24-2004, 04:12 PM
That is too funny, I sent it to my dad, it will make him laugh...........I think......

HighRoller
08-24-2004, 04:20 PM
I can't figure out why anyone would put a sign in their front yard of any political flavor. Are you trying to shove your views in a neighbor's face? We bat the political baseball around in here, but it's all for fun. I've seen the temperment of a John Kerry supporter up close, while he was screaming and shaking his sign at me in the street. Why would I tempt a lunatic like that to target my house?

eliminatedsprinter
08-24-2004, 04:29 PM
I can't figure out why anyone would put a sign in their front yard of any political flavor. Are you trying to shove your views in a neighbor's face? We bat the political baseball around in here, but it's all for fun. I've seen the temperment of a John Kerry supporter up close, while he was screaming and shaking his sign at me in the street. Why would I tempt a lunatic like that to target my house?
Really. :cool: I have never liked a politician enough to put a sign or sticker of their's on my car or house...I mean, do they even make George Washington or Teddy Roosevelt bumper stickers????

Debbolas
08-24-2004, 04:34 PM
When Mark Nuami ran for Mayor of Fontana, I put his sign in my yard. :D :clover: :D

HighRoller
08-24-2004, 04:34 PM
The only man I'd ever think about advertising for would be Reagan. But it would have to be one of his classics..
"We start bombing in 5 minutes..." or his priceless message to terrorists....