PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah Boats III

HI Seez
12-18-2002, 10:03 PM
Cheetah Boat convention/gathering in Havasu in spring 2003?

bigq
12-19-2002, 08:37 AM
HI Seez:
Cheetah Boat convention/gathering in Havasu in spring 2003?Featuring the first Cheetah ever made by Cheetah Bob, this beautiful 1797 Cutter. HI SeeZ has kept it in great condition. Should be loads of fun.
P.S. I call shotgun on the port side right flank cannon. http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/rough/rocketwhore.gif
[ December 19, 2002, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: bigq ]

syke-o
12-19-2002, 08:46 AM
Hi Seez, i am not sure if we can get that rig through the channel.....

Havasu Luvr
12-19-2002, 09:07 AM
HI Seez
--------------------
This is some funny SH*T....another Cheetah Regatte??? Sorry, I attended last years regatte and 4 boats do NOT make it a regatte. Lets call it.......Just another summer party, with friends, pass a few beers, bragg about our rides, then tow "Climactic" into the channel. Wait, I should have a Shockwave by then. So I will tow you guys and the beers on me. SandbarMike, Chris, Pop's, Brian, No Digg??? you all game???
HL

PlayTime
12-19-2002, 09:25 AM
Who has the other Cheetah?
Havasu Luvr, The Rod's and..... :p

RiverKitty
12-19-2002, 09:42 AM
Havasu Luvr:
HI Seez
--------------------
This is some funny SH*T....another Cheetah Regatte??? Sorry, I attended last years regatte and 4 boats do NOT make it a regatte. Lets call it.......Just another summer party, with friends, pass a few beers, bragg about our rides, then tow "Climactic" into the channel. Wait, I should have a Shockwave by then. So I will tow you guys and the beers on me. SandbarMike, Chris, Pop's, Brian, No Digg??? you all game???
HLTrue, but you didn't hang around for the dinner & dancing! You missed out "Big Time"!!!
I'm Game! ;o)

24RODjr
12-19-2002, 09:55 AM
Lvr, I'm in....if you can keep up ;-)
I agree...the regatta was WEAK SAUCE. Especially because two of the boats weren't even Cheetahs (hey dog house...).
-Chris

HI Seez
12-19-2002, 10:05 AM
bigq:
HI Seez:
Cheetah Boat convention/gathering in Havasu in spring 2003?Featuring the first Cheetah ever made by Cheetah Bob, this beautiful 1797 Cutter. HI SeeZ has kept it in great condition. Should be loads of fun.
P.S. I call shotgun on the port side right flank cannon. http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/rough/rocketwhore.gifAll yours sir! remember to smile when you fire, it leaves a more lasting impression on the enemy ship!

Havasu Luvr
12-19-2002, 10:18 AM
Helloooo Kitty
You are right....I was not there for the dinner and dancing :confused: but I was on a beach BBQ'ing Shrimp & Chicken Kaboobs with a cold Tecate and good company and my broken boat :D . Maybe this year my boat will last the weekend and the party will be "Ever Lasting:
HL

24RODjr
12-19-2002, 11:12 AM
Havasu Luvr:
Helloooo Kitty
You are right....I was not there for the dinner and dancing :confused: but I was on a beach BBQ'ing Shrimp & Chicken Kaboobs with a cold Tecate and good company and my broken boat :D . Maybe this year my boat will last the weekend and the party will be "Ever Lasting:
HLOnly if you relent and get that cheetah that you know you want. :D

DogHouse
12-19-2002, 12:10 PM
Of course I'm game for another Cheetah gathering... As long as someone brings me a Cheetah sticker to put on my boat! Maybe Bob will actually show up this time. Right.
HL this may sound crazy but Bob's CX29 is a really nice boat and worth looking at if you're not already sold on the Shockwave. It's a lot of boat for the money. I was originally planning on that as the upgrade from my 23 until I realized that I'm just not a V-hull kind of guy!
-brian

24RODjr
12-19-2002, 01:24 PM
I can help you out with the Cheetah sticker thing :-) I've stolen a few from the shop :D
How much does the 29' go for?

DogHouse
12-19-2002, 01:57 PM
About a year ago he was willing to sell one to me for about $47k with a 496 Mag. That was the base boat plus trailer. I'm sure there would have been an extra couple thou in misc options, plus motor upgrades of course. I'm not sure if they've gone up since then now that he has a dealer out in CA. I suspect you could still get a great price by dealing direct and "working" the deal. I really like the boat, it's not quite as beastly huge as some of the other 29-30 ft Vs and it has very nice lines. I cruised next to one doing about 65 through typical Havasu chop and was impressed at how smooth and level the thing was riding. I was in my 23 at the time so of course that 29 looked smooth!
-brian

bigq
12-19-2002, 02:51 PM
Theres a couple 29' for sale right now in traders online. One looks real nice with a 502. I think he was asking in the high 40's. looks like a big boat. It think it is a non-step hull, isn't it?

DogHouse
12-19-2002, 08:26 PM
Yes, we have no steps!
It's a 24 deg bottom with four full length lifting strakes and a delta pad keel. It's actually quite fast for it's size, runs every bit as good as any of the other boats in its class, step or otherwise. Has a nice swim platform, nice lines, could be a player in that market if people could get over the Cheetah name.
-brian

bigq
12-20-2002, 11:28 AM
This one looks pretty sweet.
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/cheetah_29.JPG
[ December 20, 2002, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: bigq ]

PlayTime
12-20-2002, 12:54 PM
Bigq
What kind of boat is that. Pretty sweet boat.

bigq
12-20-2002, 12:57 PM
PlayTime:
Bigq
What kind of boat is that. Pretty sweet boat. Cheetah 29', found it in traders on line for sale.I looks nice. :D

24RODjr
12-20-2002, 01:14 PM
Looks like my 24' except, it's not white, with flames...has a tri-axle trailer...and is about 5' bigger...but other than that... :D

24ROD
12-20-2002, 01:16 PM
24RODjr:
Looks like my 24' except, it's not white, with flames...has a tri-axle trailer...and is about 5' bigger...but other than that... :D And it's not a tunnel man :p

24RODjr
12-20-2002, 01:45 PM
Well there's that....

bigq
12-20-2002, 02:20 PM
Yea, I was thinking the same thing. It looks like my boat except, it's got fiberglass, seating , a motor , an outdrive and a trailer, and it's 29' bigger. Hmmm, a coincidence, I don't think so. :D

PlayTime
12-20-2002, 02:32 PM
:) :) :)