PDA

View Full Version : Any Good?

TOBTEK
08-25-2004, 07:51 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/13525talon.jpg
HOW about one of these for the right price. And spend some time and money on "pimpy paint"? I hear they work OK.

ADDICTED
08-25-2004, 07:54 AM
I am not sure but I have heard they use the same bottum as an American off shore. Or is it AO use there same bottum. Either way I have heard they work well. The hustler Talon is an awesome boat too but dont care for the looks to much?

Reaper1
08-25-2004, 08:01 AM
Tob - The Talon is the OG design where most of all the other cats in this size class came from. They work really well with minimal power. Just ask the Skullinator. :cool:

TOBTEK
08-25-2004, 08:08 AM
Tob - The Talon is the OG design where most of all the other cats in this size class came from. They work really well with minimal power. Just ask the Skullinator. :cool:
maybe/probably a dumb question......but what is the "OG design" ?

THOR
08-25-2004, 08:17 AM
OG= original
Talons are bitchin. There were two the blew by me in the gorge last Saturday. It seems like they ride really nice.

Reaper1
08-25-2004, 08:18 AM
OG Design meaning this is the original boat that a lot of other manufacturers copied because it works really well. :crossx:

RACER52
08-25-2004, 10:14 AM
tobtek=that boat from the rubrail down is the same as most you see on the water. the same as mine for sure.
I would think for the right price the boat would be bad ass. Especially if it was designed for the black hawk. mine runs 110 with 800hp.
with the blackhawk it would do much better.
Racer.

Tom Slick
08-25-2004, 02:52 PM
Tob,
The Talon is about a 20 year old design, however it was such a great design that up to 9 different manufacuture hulls have been either splashed from it, or splashed from an already splashed boat. The Talon is still the best performing boat even better then the copy cats, as it was layed up with the ocean in mind. It is strong and heavy, thus providing a plusher ride in the rough. The only thing the Talon is missing is any kind of cabin space. You can't build a strong boat without bulkheads, so you have to sacrifice space underneath the deck for strength. If you can find a good deal on one, you should snag it. They are really good boats. Skullinator has a 98 Talon with a Merc. 575SC in it and it runs mid 80's all day long.

BoatFloating
08-25-2004, 02:54 PM
maybe/probably a dumb question......but what is the "OG design" ?
Come on Toby get with the Lingo my Dingo.... :rollside:
Let me translate: Understand what he's saying my dog :)

Reaper1
08-26-2004, 02:49 PM
Tom Slick - Doesn't Skully's boat have the 525SC and not the 575SC? :wink:

Tom Slick
08-26-2004, 05:54 PM
Tom Slick - Doesn't Skully's boat have the 525SC and not the 575SC? :wink:
I think you're right, it's the old style 525SC. :wink:

Bling Bling
08-26-2004, 06:17 PM
Tob, about 10 years or so ago, I used to watch a Talon with an arneson surface drive, and huge power run in some offshore races. It did real well and hauled the mail. It was back in the day when you could run what u brung. Then a few years later, I watch a good buddy of mine run a 26 American offshore, and in a half a race, he ripped the thing apart. My point, what slick said about construction and bulk heads makes a huge difference. That talon is a sweet hull, I don't think you could go wrong. I'm no marine pro, but the Talon and the american offshore, ride and all around performance, I've been in both, you can't get no better. Let me know what I need to do to get some gallons.

Keith E. Sayre
08-26-2004, 06:33 PM
There's a 25' Talon in a storage unit here that will go over 150 mph with a
#6 drive on it that is owned by by Rod at Racecrafters who also owns the
big Skater named "The Sorcerer". According to Rod, this 25' Talon is actually rigged better than the Sorcerer. He wants about $110,000 for it
but if you see it, you'll like it.
Call me for photos etc. I have the keys!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City
928-680-1400

Reaper1
08-26-2004, 06:59 PM
Keith - If you've got the keys let's go for a ride. :wink: :) :crossx:

TOBTEK
08-26-2004, 07:36 PM
Keith - If you've got the keys let's go for a ride. :wink: :) :crossx:
NO KIDDING! THAT SOUNDS FUN!!!

TOBTEK
08-26-2004, 07:40 PM
Tob, about 10 years or so ago, I used to watch a Talon with an arneson surface drive, and huge power run in some offshore races. It did real well and hauled the mail. It was back in the day when you could run what u brung. Then a few years later, I watch a good buddy of mine run a 26 American offshore, and in a half a race, he ripped the thing apart. My point, what slick said about construction and bulk heads makes a huge difference. That talon is a sweet hull, I don't think you could go wrong. I'm no marine pro, but the Talon and the american offshore, ride and all around performance, I've been in both, you can't get no better. Let me know what I need to do to get some gallons.
I really like the looks of this Tallon, and the price is very right. "IF" mine sells I want a new MACH26, "IF" we can all agree on a price.....if not I may have to defect to something else. BLING I'll shoot you my P.O box to send a check. I just recieved the goodies to make up 50ish or so gallons of the juice. I'll get it right out to you. Thanks

andy01
08-26-2004, 08:02 PM
Here's one for ya.............. http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/3/4/43251234.htm
How about one of these? Even in that color you like.........
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/0/2/73813202.htm
Andy

andy01
08-26-2004, 08:10 PM
http://server1.offshoreonly.com/geoclassifieds/classifieds.php?a=2&b=1313
If you get something like that I want to go for a ride! Looks pretty sick.
Andy

Charley
08-26-2004, 08:17 PM
I'm no marine pro
1/2 million dollar boat ..... yer a pro :D

Kilrtoy
08-26-2004, 08:40 PM
I believe it was on Powerboats web site, The original owner of the mold is coming out with the TALON 25 next year.....
http://www.powerboatmagazine.com/2003tests/may3.php

andy01
08-26-2004, 08:54 PM
You know Hustler just released a 25' Cat also. Might be worth checking into. They might like to put a deal together since it is new.
Andy

andy01
08-26-2004, 08:56 PM
I believe it was on Powerboats web site, The original owner of the mold is coming out with the TALON 25 next year.....
http://www.powerboatmagazine.com/2003tests/may3.php
That's a real good speed, my 26 Mach ran just a little faster then that with 740hp. Im sure it didn't have big stereo and was probably laid up lighter then most.
Andy

Tom Slick
08-26-2004, 09:39 PM
You know Hustler just released a 25' Cat also. Might be worth checking into. They might like to put a deal together since it is new.
Andy
The 25 that Hustler is selling is actually the Talon T-25. I can't remember if Talon is selling them blank hulls, or if Hustler bought the T-25 molds from Talon just like they did with the Talon 377, which is now built completely by Hustler. Great boats, but Hustler is asking way to much for a brand spanking new one.

Charley
08-27-2004, 12:10 AM
The 25 that Hustler is selling is actually the Talon T-25. I can't remember if Talon is selling them blank hulls, or if Hustler bought the T-25 molds from Talon just like they did with the Talon 377, which is now built completely by Hustler. Great boats, but Hustler is asking way to much for a brand spanking new one.
Ya but at least they wised up and added a doghouse and renamed it the 377x!

hpron
08-27-2004, 04:03 AM
Hey Tobtek...I think you would like it...solid damn hull.loves the rough stuff...I had the 25,25 all with the big blocks..stock power such as the 525 and 500 in the 22 all ran high 80's all damn day through whatever I wanted..have a21 1987 with a 300 O/B on it and hulls the mail..no stress cracks for a 17 plus yr boat...style is dated but hull is bitchin..call Robert Wilkins at Talon with the hull number..these damn things are like his children and he is excellent to talk with about the characteristics of the boats...

Charley
08-27-2004, 06:22 AM
anyone gonna share any downfalls of a blackhawk before he pulls the trigger?

Craig
08-27-2004, 06:25 AM
anyone gonna share any downfalls of a blackhawk before he pulls the trigger?
Same as a Bravo, only good for about 500 hp, plus they don't idle real slow around the dock and new props are expensive if not damn near non-existent. This based on a friend who had a 25 Warlock with a Blackhawk. Now it did run good! 79 with a stock 502 Mag.

Charley
08-27-2004, 07:36 AM
Same as a Bravo, only good for about 500 hp, plus they don't idle real slow around the dock and new props are expensive if not damn near non-existent. This based on a friend who had a 25 Warlock with a Blackhawk. Now it did run good! 79 with a stock 502 Mag.
Iv'e heard around the dock they are a bit tough...any issues with parts?

Craig
08-27-2004, 10:57 AM
I think most of the parts are the same as the Bravo. Different lower I think is about it.

Charley
08-27-2004, 04:39 PM
I am not saying it's the talon he may not like, it's the blackhawk that would make me want to test drive this thing.... he is used to an outboard... isn't this boat gonna be difficult around the docks??? do they turn well?? anyone?? I honestly don't know... just what I have heard, so please if some one knows speak up!

FASTERDAMITT
08-27-2004, 05:11 PM
Hey Charlie whats up. Had fun kickin it with ya on the yacht a few weeks ago...
I hav'nt been on the HB forum for a while but I have to tune in here for a sec. just because I can comment from experience on that bottom.
Talon or American Offshore for the 26' cat used boat market can't be beat in ride and handling. Good prices, turns like it's suppost to, doesn't porpouis, and much smoother ride than any caifornia mid size cat I know of. Now that Magic 28 cat and others are using the mold you can understand it must have been good. I sold my A/O in march, still shopping for what I want but if I go back to a cat it will be the same bottom from one of those manufacturers using it. The Blackhawk I would not buy now. Maybe 5 years ago I would have. Thing of the past. :smile:

TOBTEK
08-27-2004, 06:02 PM
I was just doing a general opinion of the TALON. Heard they work very well, they look pretty good, and they are affordable! The BlackHawk drive....WHAT THE?, NO THANK YOU! Id much rather stay with main stream P.O.S bravo one style shitz. Was thinking this maybe a way to go without spending alot of dough on a new MACH26 for something I hardly ever use. That and Bryan wont return my calls anymore :( ..........biatch :hammerhea

FASTERDAMITT
08-27-2004, 06:12 PM
50+G's on a used 110mph Talon would make me smile all the way to the bank... The other 60 or so will buy ya a awsome tow rig. or ???

DogHouse
08-27-2004, 08:34 PM
Ya but at least they wised up and added a doghouse and renamed it the 377x!
WTF? You talkin' bout me? I have a 28 Talon with a swim step.
:D

Charley
08-27-2004, 09:19 PM
Hey Charlie whats up. Had fun kickin it with ya on the yacht a few weeks ago...
I hav'nt been on the HB forum for a while but I have to tune in here for a sec. just because I can comment from experience on that bottom.
Talon or American Offshore for the 26' cat used boat market can't be beat in ride and handling. Good prices, turns like it's suppost to, doesn't porpouis, and much smoother ride than any caifornia mid size cat I know of. Now that Magic 28 cat and others are using the mold you can understand it must have been good. I sold my A/O in march, still shopping for what I want but if I go back to a cat it will be the same bottom from one of those manufacturers using it. The Blackhawk I would not buy now. Maybe 5 years ago I would have. Thing of the past. :smile:
Ha Ha ... That was a good day! I absolutely agree Talon is a great name... Gary was way ahead of his time! I have just heard mixed reviews about the blackhawk is all.. some love it some seem to think it's impractical.... I was tryin to pry it out of someone who knows the real deal on em... thats all! :D
Any luck with your search???
I was just doing a general opinion of the TALON. Heard they work very well, they look pretty good, and they are affordable! The BlackHawk drive....WHAT THE?, NO THANK YOU! Id much rather stay with main stream P.O.S bravo one style shitz. Was thinking this maybe a way to go without spending alot of dough on a new MACH26 for something I hardly ever use. That and Bryan wont return my calls anymore :( ..........biatch :hammerhea
I think he's playin hardball ;) :rollside: :p
WTF? You talkin' bout me? I have a 28 Talon with a swim step.
:D
No No.... I was just sayin if hustler raised the price so much at least they did somethin the boat needed badly.... an integrated windshield (doghouse) it's a pretty tiny cockpit but I think it looks pretty tuff
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/38377_3.jpg

TOBTEK
08-28-2004, 08:20 AM
MAN.....I wish I had the space to do boats!, Cool paint and how totally easy to do!
Charley, love the "Mr Hand avatar"......."YOU DICK" :smile:

FASTERDAMITT
08-28-2004, 12:31 PM
No Charlie, still shopping!!! Headin to New York in a few weeks to check out some east coast rigs.

MACH26
08-28-2004, 12:41 PM
I owned a boat with a Blackhawk and HATED it! Not worth the extra 5 MPH for all the trade offs! PM me for mre details. There you go Charley:)
Javier

Charley
08-28-2004, 05:40 PM
MAN.....I wish I had the space to do boats!, Cool paint and how totally easy to do!
Charley, love the "Mr Hand avatar"......."YOU DICK" :smile:
Thats was my skull!!!
Hey Stu, whered ya get that jacket?
Ya I've been thinking.... since you here, and I'm here, Doesn't that make it our time, and whats wrong with a little feast on our time?
No Charlie, still shopping!!! Headin to New York in a few weeks to check out some east coast rigs.
Hmmm maybe a "superboat"?
I owned a boat with a Blackhawk and HATED it! Not worth the extra 5 MPH for all the trade offs! PM me for mre details. There you go Charley:)
Javier
Just wonderin ;) hehe Thanks for the input Javier

tsnave
08-29-2004, 07:51 PM
Hey Toby!
If I'm not mistaken, this is Gary Meisenberg's boat from Mercury Marine. He was the "founding father" (lead Project Engineer) of the Blackhawk drive. It's my understanding he has this boat set up right with the BH. A few upgrades with Max Machine Worx and you would have a very efficient and reliable setup.
Gary is an extremely sharp and interesting guy to talk to. This boat is a real bargain for that price!