PDA

View Full Version : 496 mag. Parts

bear down
08-25-2004, 09:41 AM
Called rex marine to see if they either had the cap or the whole reservoir for the drive oil available and they told me to call Merc. I was wondering if anyone new of a shop that might have this part...Thanks

beyondhelpin
08-25-2004, 10:37 AM
All of them should.

phebus
08-25-2004, 10:57 AM
Try ALCO in Havasu. I have had good luck with them in the past.

shadow
08-25-2004, 11:07 AM
Called rex marine to see if they either had the cap or the whole reservoir for the drive oil available and they told me to call Merc. I was wondering if anyone new of a shop that might have this part...Thanks
I ordered some aftermarket ones for my drive oil reservoir and one for my scissor hinges reservoir.If I remember right I got them from either Dana marine or Eddie marine.These aftermarket ones are not supposed to leak.Mine haven't yet and they were only about $10 each and they have all different colors to match your boat.

bear down
08-25-2004, 11:57 AM
Thanks all....Alco has 4 of them...I will pick up one on Friday Morning.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
08-25-2004, 01:43 PM
I have the whole Merc kit sitting in my garage at Havasu. Bottle, cap & All.
If it's the right one, you can have it. The motor was a 2001 496 MAG HO.
PM me.....
CJG.
:cool:

phebus
08-25-2004, 01:49 PM
I ordered some aftermarket ones for my drive oil reservoir and one for my scissor hinges reservoir.If I remember right I got them from either Dana marine or Eddie marine.These aftermarket ones are not supposed to leak.Mine haven't yet and they were only about $10 each and they have all different colors to match your boat.
I have the Turbosonic (aftermarket leakproof caps) on my trim resevoir and scissor hinge resevoir, and they work great. I don't know if they fit the drive resevoir though. their website is www.lyallturbosonics.com .

Quality Time
08-25-2004, 01:52 PM
Go with Turbosonics for the caps. Lu Lyall is a big time boater and supporter of our sport ;)