PDA

View Full Version : creamated or buried

MsDrmr
08-25-2004, 08:44 PM
I just read the thread on Rick James, I agree that when they do the open casket thing, they look like a bad barbie. I have known for many many years that I want what is still working donated to someone who needs it, and I want my body creamated. Man I just don't want to be in a box down in the ground. Burn the body, save the cemetary space and scatter my ashes.

Cheap Thrills
08-25-2004, 08:54 PM
Stuff me with Twinkies and wrap me like a Mummy :D
C.T. :wink:

AquaBoogie
08-25-2004, 08:54 PM
Take the needed organs and creamate me.

Drunk tank
08-25-2004, 09:07 PM
I'd rather be burned. I dont like the idea of being stuck in a box forever.... I';d farther float around.... see the world from a cloud type thing.
Only thing is I do not want to be cremated in a mortuary or any other place in the middle of a shit hole city. Hopefully by the time that needs to be done I'd have a son that is man when I die. And before that happens.... I'll leave him with my last wishes. Which is for him to get my body by all means, even if it means having to dig up my grave after the burrial or stealing it from the morgue at gun point. Then take me where ever is closest, mountains or beach, and burn me there otop of one HUGE ****in fire!!!! Preferably lots of wood and maybe a few magnesium vw block (so there wont be ANYTHING of me left). Light the match... and send me up in flames like back in the day of lore.
If I dont have a kid by then... hopefully either one of my friends or my dad would do it for me. Sounds like an out there idea... but I'm dead serious... thats what I want done.
Might even save my boat that I have now just for that occassion... have a little viking style funeral! Maybe I should buy a nordic for that idea though. :D
Also, I dont need any tombstone, shrine or other creation to mark me... waste of resourses to me. In the infinity of time we are all going to be forgotten and anyhing dedicated to us... crubled and turned to dust just like us. All I care about is that my family and those who knew me remember me a a good man... nothing more.

Dawn Patrol
08-25-2004, 09:08 PM
Take what they need, and spread the rest over the River & Glamis!
Why would you need to take up 6 feet of Dirt space anyways? :skull:

Bre
08-25-2004, 09:20 PM
I would rather be buried. Andy would rather be creamated. I told him if he dies first he would be buried. I would like to go "visit" him once he was dead. Everyone in my family has been buried and we all go "visit" them. It is just something I am used to. If he was creamated....yeah he could go in a yurn (sp??) but what if it ever broke or something? I don't know I just say buried.... and if I die I'll never know anyways.... so then I guess it really doesn't matter :wink:

XtrmWakeborder
08-25-2004, 09:39 PM
Creamated! i don't think it happens anymore, but i don't like the idea of being burried alive so id rather not risk it and just be burned, prolly cheaper too, although i heard costco is gunna start selling caskets

OGShocker
08-26-2004, 06:47 AM
Creamated.
I was going to be scatered in Lake Havasu but, I am afraid Summerlove would enjoy his prop checks too much. :jawdrop: So, it's half in the desert and half in the ocean for me.

chub
08-26-2004, 06:56 AM
I'd rather be fish food in the ocean, but I hear it's illegal so burn me and take to the river.

Keithb87
08-26-2004, 07:00 AM
When I was younger, I wanted to be creamated, and mixed in with a 1/4 puond of pot and smoked by all of my "Friends". :crossx:
Now that I'm a little older ,wiser and I don't do drugs anymore that idea seems a little morbid. :skull:
Just creamate me and spread me over a body of water from a LOUD jet boat at 100 MPH.

Infomaniac
08-26-2004, 07:20 AM
When I was younger, I wanted to be creamated, and mixed in with a 1/4 puond of pot and smoked by all of my "Friends". :crossx:
Now that I'm a little older ,wiser and I don't do drugs anymore that idea seems a little morbid. :skull:
Just creamate me and spread me over a body of water from a LOUD jet boat at 100 MPH.
Dude - I told my wife to put my cremains in the parachute of a top fuel drag boat. The puff of dust in the traps will be me. :crossx:

superdave013
08-26-2004, 07:28 AM
Dude - I told my wife to put my cremains in the parachute of a top fuel drag boat. The puff of dust in the traps will be me. :crossx:
That happened at Lake Ming once. Can't remember who it was though.
Me, Taxidermy me and stick me off in the corner someplace.

spectratoad
08-26-2004, 07:29 AM
Cremate me and have my ashes spread at sea off of one of our Navy ships. Wife want sto be creamated also and for me to hike down the Grand Canyon and spread her ashes. Told her that the way I am going I will be in a wheelchair so a kiss, prayer and toss over the edge may be all I can do by then. :( but I will do my best to accomplish her wishes. Maybe my new 20 year old girlfriend will do it for me. :hammerhea
Just kidding honey. :smile:

Essex502
08-26-2004, 07:44 AM
Creamation. Don't waste a space for my sorry carcass.

Captain Dan
08-26-2004, 07:51 AM
Burn, baby burn.........disco inferno.
BTW - I hope there isn't too much outpouring for Rick James - he was a character,but he was also a drug user, and an abuser.
Yeah, he was the funkmaster, fueled by drugs and alcohol, but his other "contributions" to society overshadow the bad things he was involved in.
As a fellow human being, may he rest in peace - he need not be considered an icon.

dmontzsta
08-26-2004, 08:09 AM
Damn you people who want to be spread in the water and crap. Eventually our water will be poluted with ashes of dead people, I dont want to swim in that crap. Burnt human ashes are nasty, keep them in a box or something, please.

68campbell
08-26-2004, 09:21 AM
Blended with some tequila, lime, triple sec, ice and a Grand Mariner floater. :sleeping:

phuggit
08-26-2004, 09:23 AM
Cremate me. Let my family have a party with the money they saved from not burying me.

WaTchTheGelCoat
08-26-2004, 09:38 AM
Because all cemeterys and golf courses should be motocross tracks. Cremate me. :)

Essex502
08-26-2004, 11:54 AM
Damn you people who want to be spread in the water and crap. Eventually our water will be poluted with ashes of dead people, I dont want to swim in that crap. Burnt human ashes are nasty, keep them in a box or something, please.
Don't the ashes dissolve over time and return the elements to nature?

Drunk tank
08-26-2004, 12:25 PM
yep... everything breaks down to its simplest form eventually.... unless it runs across something really cool... in which case the molicules will be like
"yo"
"whad up?"
"ya wanna link up and make a protien?"
"I'm game... lets do it"

Krazy K
08-26-2004, 12:34 PM
Think about it...you get buried, people visit you every so often and then they die. Who is going to visit you now? Maybe your great-great-grandkid who is doing some genealogy research. (which I'm in the middle of doing)
My preference when I was younger was burial, now it's cremation. Both my parents are doing the same thing.
...ashes in the parachute of a drag boat?...hmmmm....that might be an idea!...

Jeanyus
08-26-2004, 02:57 PM
I got a feeling where I'm going to end up will be real hot, and I'll be dancin on coals. So I think I'll pass on the cremation, and go for the worm food thing.

Midwest_Miss69
08-26-2004, 03:56 PM
:devil: I got a feeling where I'm going to end up will be real hot, and I'll be dancin on coals. So I think I'll pass on the cremation, and go for the worm food thing. :devil:
:devil: Yep I totally agree we're going to be "burning in hell" eventually so I'd rather be buried ! :devil:

dmontzsta
08-26-2004, 03:56 PM
Don't the ashes dissolve over time and return the elements to nature?
Yes, but it is still gross to think about the fact that you are swimming in disolved up ashes of dead people.

Debbolas
08-26-2004, 04:01 PM
I would encourage all of you to take this moment to update your drivers license to reflect your organ donor status. This is a very important gift you can give someone. When my first husband died we donated everything, and helped a lot of people.
I want to be creamated and have my ashes spread out over Topock Gorge while the boat is going really fast, then everyone can go back to the beach, have a beer and think of me! :D
It's good to know that other people feel this way.

dmontzsta
08-26-2004, 04:03 PM
I would encourage all of you to take this moment to update your drivers license to reflect your organ donor status. This is a very important gift you can give someone. When my first husband died we donated everything, and helped a lot of people.
I want to be creamated and have my ashes spread out over Topock Gorge while the boat is going really fast, then everyone can go back to the beach, have a beer and think of me! :D
It's good to know that other people feel this way.
Does this count?
http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/dmontzsta%20pics/LakeElsinore%207-5-2004/images/100_0975.jpg
:D

Debbolas
08-26-2004, 04:15 PM
Does this count?
http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/dmontzsta%20pics/LakeElsinore%207-5-2004/images/100_0975.jpg
:D
LOL :D
As long as your wife knows your wishes and it is on your license... :clover:

dmontzsta
08-26-2004, 04:16 PM
Its not on my license, but she knows my wishes. "Bury me a G" -2 Pac. :D

Some Kind Of Monster
08-26-2004, 04:45 PM
When I die there will probably not be much left of me from the explosion...
I think it's gonna rain when I die - AIC

fkeys
08-26-2004, 05:18 PM
The idiots in NM won't even let you choose you donation organs!! When I lived in CA they did - don't know about now though.
Anyway, cremate me and buy me a ticket into space - jetisoned like Spok!!

Debbolas
08-26-2004, 06:48 PM
The idiots in NM won't even let you choose you donation organs!! When I lived in CA they did - don't know about now though.
Anyway, cremate me and buy me a ticket into space - jetisoned like Spok!!
Really, thats too bad. I remember very clearly Bobby telling me how he wanted to donate his organs (this was 1986 and some little kid's life had just been saved by a donated organ) I don't think he had a chance to update his license before he was killed. But the hospital was very accomadating that way, they just took my word for it. We donated his corneas, his heart, and I don't know what else. But it was nice to know that he helped people live, even in death.

Misogynist
08-26-2004, 09:15 PM
I've told my two nieces that I want to plump like a ballpark frank... then take the ashes and scatter me in the Pacific Ocean... and if they can't get the boat out there.... then as long as they are within the Hyperion water treatment plant district (where I live )... just flush me down the toilet and I'll make it there anyway..... Or.... the Victory Blvd bridge that crosses the LA river will get me there too.... so just sprinkle me off the bridge ......... :idea:

lghtnin33
08-26-2004, 09:30 PM
na' screw that, i'm going to live forever and just as soon as my clone gets big enough im going to replace my liver, it been through enough already :jawdrop: :D

Misogynist
08-26-2004, 09:35 PM
na' screw that, i'm going to live forever and just as soon as my clone gets big enough im going to replace my liver, it been through enough already :jawdrop: :D
Sayyyyyyyyyyy!.... Isn't Tom Green county a dry county?.......... :skull:

jbtrailerjim
08-26-2004, 09:55 PM
I could really care less what my family does with me after I'm dead. If they want to burn me up, stick me in a vase, and park my burnt up ass on the mantel. I'm cool with that. If they feel the need to throw me in a box and bury me with the worms. I'm down with that also. Chances are I'm not gonna know anyways well......because I'm dead. :)

lghtnin33
08-26-2004, 10:00 PM
tom green county huh? must have beeen through here once. but no we aren't quite as backwards as some of the plains counties, we can buy beer and wine coolers inside the city limits except across the south concho bridge. no liquer except outside the city limits. And the funny part (or maybe sad )part of it is we have been in the top 1% of DWI arrests in TX.per capita. for the last 12 yrs.We in the (west central oasis) of TX. still believe in having a great time and take it to the limit with boating,fishing,hunting,and just having an open, no police allowed ho-down on the farm/ranch. :D :D :D

checkster
08-26-2004, 10:08 PM
:coffeycup Buried. But ..........cardboard box type...noth'n special.

RiverKitty
08-26-2004, 10:44 PM
Just toss me in a pine box and let the worms do the rest!
(Just don't lock me in!!!) :eek:

FMluvswater
09-03-2004, 03:16 AM
... the worm food thing.
yeah bury me when I die; grubs gotta eat too