PDA

View Full Version : Need help. what boat to buy

axkiker
04-10-2006, 06:54 AM
Ok here is my delima again. I was trying to decide between a baja outlaw or the baja sidewinder. I think I have decided on the baja outlaw. Looks like resale value will be higher on the OL if i decide to resale. Ok now for my next question. Im trying to decide if I should look at newer 2002+ boats or possibly look into an older 1995+ boat which needs a little tlc. Im a very proficient painter and fabricator. I have built and painted many race and show cars. So I know as soon as i get whatever I get im gonna pull it in the shop and slap a graphics or flame job down the side of it. I just finished painting a bayliner which was my first boat paint job and it was pretty easy. Alot easier than cars. So I was thinking maybe I could get a larger older boat for the same about of money. then with a little paint and trim have it as good as new. As far as baja what year did they start making the newer style outlaw or hammer boat. ( like the 2002 model) Are there other boats out there like the baja outlaw (closed bow) that you all could recommend that would be pretty comparable. Im looking to spend around 17-18k on something.
thanks a bunch.

a catered life
04-10-2006, 06:57 AM
Ok here is my delima again. I was trying to decide between a baja outlaw or the baja sidewinder. I think I have decided on the baja outlaw.
Im a very proficient painter and fabricator. I have built and painted many race and show cars. So I know as soon as i get whatever I get im gonna pull it in the shop and slap a graphics or flame job down the side of it.
looks like you have answered both question without any help...go with your gut and you'll be a lot happier

MagicMtnDan
04-10-2006, 07:07 AM
Based on what you said, I suggest you get the Baja :D
Either way you'll be in good shape. Post some pics of what you buy. :cool: