PDA

View Full Version : My sister-in-law and her husband bought a boat

MagicMtnDan
08-27-2004, 03:39 PM
They were driving in a neighborhood and saw a house with a used boat for sale. On the spot they decided it'd be good to have a boat so they went and knocked on the door, met the owner, and checked the boat out. They made an offer and now the boat's theirs!
Nope, they hadn't planned on getting a boat, didn't compare it to any others, didn't check the price or have the motor checked out - just up and bought it!
What'd they get? An 18' open bow Bayliner (I think 1995 model year).
I'd rather be boatless - oops, I am! :2purples:
How can some people just up and buy something without even checking to see if they're getting a good deal? And how many people are hoping for someone like this to drive by their house and buy what they've got sitting outside with a for sale sign on it?! It's every boat seller's dream :)

Bre
08-27-2004, 03:43 PM
Yeah but they are still one step ahead of you :D :wink:
I hope they got a good deal on it in case it doesn't run :confused:

eliminatedsprinter
08-27-2004, 03:46 PM
Wan't to buy mine? ;) It's a great little hull with tons of potential..... :D

MagicMtnDan
08-27-2004, 03:47 PM
Yeah but they are still one step ahead of you :D :wink:
I hope they got a good deal on it in case it doesn't run :confused:
Bre, I'd be mad at you if you didn't have such a luscious pair of big
brown eyes :D that's twice today you've zinged me. :jawdrop:

totenhosen
08-27-2004, 03:50 PM
exactly like Bre said. At least they are out on the water while you sit in the bath playing commander of SS Rubber Ducky

Bre
08-27-2004, 03:50 PM
Bre, I'd be mad at you if you didn't have such a luscious pair of big
brown eyes :D that's twice today you've zinged me. :jawdrop:
My eyes are green thank you :D ;)
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/508/1543kendall_powder_pics_015_redo-med.jpg

WUTWZAT
08-27-2004, 04:01 PM
I think he was looking at the bottles you were holding up, besides the true value of anything is what someone is willing to pay for it. It doesn't matter what a blue book really says its worth, hell thats something I am fighting right now. I have two boats. 1 is a 78 ranger jet boat, I could probably sell for $5500 - $6000 fair market value, but the tax people here in OC seem to think its worth more than my # 2 83 California Performance. They want $65.00 on the ranger for value but $19.00 on the CP its even newer.
Does anyone know the answer to this?
Anyways, love the green eyes, did you ever find work Bre?

100mbs
08-27-2004, 04:09 PM
WUTWZAT-- Register the boats in Arizona. Throught he AZ fish an game dept. NO Luxory Tax
http://www.gf.state.az.us/

Bre
08-27-2004, 04:17 PM
I think he was looking at the bottles you were holding up, besides the true value of anything is what someone is willing to pay for it. It doesn't matter what a blue book really says its worth, hell thats something I am fighting right now. I have two boats. 1 is a 78 ranger jet boat, I could probably sell for $5500 - $6000 fair market value, but the tax people here in OC seem to think its worth more than my # 2 83 California Performance. They want $65.00 on the ranger for value but $19.00 on the CP its even newer.
Does anyone know the answer to this?
Anyways, love the green eyes, did you ever find work Bre?
I know..... I was just messing with him as always :wink:
As far as jobs go..I have a few offers... I just am not doing anything yet. Hopefully in two weeks or so I will be doing something. I have two that I could do right now.... and still stay home with the kids during the day. We will see how it goes :cool:

Lightning
08-27-2004, 04:18 PM
Just remember Dan a good deal is a state of mind. If they have a boat and feel they got a good price on it and the seller got what they wanted, then it was a good deal for both parties. Just make sure you recommend that they taking the boaters safety course or something similar so they don't live up to the stereotype of a Bayliner owner (plus get a discount on the insurance).
Anyhow, I heard their boat is faster then yours. Maybe when they are ready to upgrade, you can take it off their hands for them. It would probably be a nice boat for you to step into.....I mean......a nice boat to upgrade to.

Kim Hanson
08-27-2004, 04:36 PM
I WILL NEVER BUY A " GAY LINER " FOR ANYTHING, THEY SUCK BAD!........( . )( . )........My HST, was bought sort of like that though! I didn't even know what I had till I got it on the Lake and I fell in love with speed on the water..........there really is nothing like it Dan! I got this one really cheap also $ 14,500 :cool: I have about $ 25,000 into it now and she is fast!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/72HPIM0471.JPG
I bought that V-Drive the same way, if it looks good to me..buy! :eat:

Ziggy
08-27-2004, 05:37 PM
Some are doers and some are talkers.
Seems like you have both in your family Dan....surely you can figure out who is who. :rolleyes:
Over analyze :idea: any purchase and you'll always find a reason to doubt it, but as others said, its worth whatever makes them feel happy. :p
And don't tell me you won't ask to go along with them now and then :D

MagicMtnDan
08-27-2004, 07:08 PM
This is cool. About the only people posting on this thread are giving me shite about not having a boat.
I know I asked for it when I posted this and I don't mind so much. But for those of you giving me shite about not having a boat, do you even care why or do you just want to give me shite because it's fun? :rollside:
No, I won't be asking to go for a ride in their boat. And no, I won't be going in it since they probably won't ask us (and if they don't we won't go). I don't want to sink it :rollside:
Thanks for flipping me the bird Bre. Guess I couldn't tell the color of your eyes - I musta been distracted by those big brown beer bottles over your TA-TAs. :p
At least they are out on the water while you sit in the bath playing commander of SS Rubber Ducky
Hey Totenhoser, I play commander when I'm in the hot tub :boxed:

Debbolas
08-27-2004, 07:14 PM
Ya know, The "Ahhells" fall into deals like they fall out of the sky or something. Scream and I have YET to get a deal on anything (except RiverDaves awesome prop) So I can understand how you feel..... :burningm:
We TOTALLY researched everything before we bought our second boat, our first little 19ft, we just bought. (the only dealer that would give me the time of day besides Essex) Sea Ray :clover:
Note: to all Boat dealers, don't tell the women to come back with their husbands, sometimes THEY are the ones making the decision!!!
So what kind of boat are you looking to get Dan? :hammer2:

Bre
08-27-2004, 07:27 PM
This is cool. About the only people posting on this thread are giving me shite about not having a boat.
I know I asked for it when I posted this and I don't mind so much. But for those of you giving me shite about not having a boat, do you even care why or do you just want to give me shite because it's fun? :rollside:
Thanks for flipping me the bird Bre. Guess I couldn't tell the color of your eyes - I musta been distracted by those big brown beer bottles over your TA-TAs. :p
I just like giving you shit cause it's fun...just as you give me shit...... :wink:
You like that picture huh..... :p

Debbolas
08-27-2004, 07:29 PM
You look so cute with your babies!!! :wink:

Bre
08-27-2004, 07:31 PM
You look so cute with your babies!!! :wink:
Thank you!!!!
This ones cuter.....Kendall wackin me on the head :jawdrop: :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/508/1543Andy_working_out_and_the_girls_055123-med.jpg

Debbolas
08-27-2004, 07:32 PM
Thank you!!!!
This ones cuter.....Kendall wackin me on the head :jawdrop: :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/508/1543Andy_working_out_and_the_girls_055123-med.jpg
LOL With her Barbie!!!
LOL :cool:

WUTWZAT
08-27-2004, 08:08 PM
Ok, here is my little story of how I got my boat. I saw an ad for a 68 hallet flat bottow v-drive "project" in Murrieta. I live in South OC and the freeways were terrible on a Friday afternoon, so I took Ortega Canyon. While on my way from Ortega back to the 15 I passed several boats along the way. Long story short(too late) the Hallet was a basket case in the guys garden holding his lawn tools. So I drove past the others and just off the road that runs along the lake to Ortega, you know where the houses are on Lake Elsinore. I found my boat in someones yard surrounded by weeds and totally trashed. That was Last October. I had to build everything new, gauges, wiring, motor even mounts and exhaust and stringers and the jet. I got it done in April and have been tinkering with it ever since. I am going to paint it soon. Looking for suggestions from everyone willing to say what they like and don't like. So, I didn't really research I just did it. Alot of people said I'd never get-r-done and then were shocked when I completed in so quick. I am going to put together a scrap book from day 1 with me to where it is when I return to CBBB in 2005.
Jason

totenhosen
08-27-2004, 08:10 PM
Hey Totenhoser, I play commander when I'm in the hot tub :boxed:
Just because you fart and pee in your bath tub does not make it a hot tub/spa when you are on the as usual solo mission.

Dr. Eagle
08-27-2004, 08:13 PM
How can some people just up and buy something without even checking to see if they're getting a good deal? And how many people are hoping for someone like this to drive by their house and buy what they've got sitting outside with a for sale sign on it?! It's every boat seller's dream :)
I believe it is called "impulse buying" and I have been guilty of it plenty... :rollside: :cry: :rollside:

checkster
08-27-2004, 10:21 PM
Hey!!....I impulsed the same way! The "Hot Boat" floats in the back yard with something broken 300 days a year. The wife wanted "something that floats now! " and I bought it. 1991 Bayliner Capri 2050 BR. Laugh all you want, but it is the most dependable boat I have ever owned.

Jordy
08-27-2004, 10:52 PM
C'mon MMD, I gave you some points today. Apparently a couple times. One being RD wanting to be me. The other with a "you wish" with me being me. :D
What kind of boat do you have again? :D :D :D

JetBoatRich
08-28-2004, 05:47 AM
Dan,
Sounds like you are a little jealous :yuk: they are now able to go out on the water and have fun :cool: may not be the best boat in the world, but for their first one it could be the first step towards good boating :cool:
Good luck to them :)

MagicMtnDan
08-28-2004, 05:56 AM
Jordy, I still don't have a boat :mix: :squiggle: ;)
Hey Rich, yes, I am more than a little bit jealous that they have a boat (but is it OK to say I don't want a Bayliner nor do I want to ride in theirs?). :messedup:
Bre, when can I get a larger version of you caressing your big, firm
beer bottles? Feel free to e-mail it to me: danf@aol.com :p

AzDon
08-28-2004, 07:56 AM
Some are doers and some are talkers.
Seems like you have both in your family Dan....surely you can figure out who is who. :rolleyes:
Over analyze :idea: any purchase and you'll always find a reason to doubt it, but as others said, its worth whatever makes them feel happy. :p
And don't tell me you won't ask to go along with them now and then :D
You know, I was kinda thinkin the same thing.... Harley-Davidson is running some new ads on the travel channel that poke fun at the guy who makes excuses for why he hasn't got a Harley yet..... In one ad, a guy gassing his car compliments another gas customer's new $6500 sportster and says he was going to get one but bought a dining set instead......
The flip side of this is the guy that gets an ultimatum from his wife....."If you don't get rid of that boat, I'm leavin", to which he replies, "I'm sure gonna miss you!"