PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes Step Back And Think

Kilrtoy
08-27-2004, 09:32 PM
This morning this little boy(7 years old) came up to me in the Bagel shop and started talking to me. I noticed his front tooth was lose. So, I commented on how the tooth fairy was coming to his house soon. He began to tell me that there was no tooth fairy. The tooth fairy has never come to his house and he has lost all his teeth and this was the last one. OK, MY HEART IS COMPLETELY BROKEN. I say yes there is, Maybe she is so busy that your teeth fall out at the busy times of the month and you hide your teeth so good that she can't find them so just maybe, she leaves. So he tells me no there is no tooth fairy, I slept on the floor and put my tooth on top of the pillow so she will find it, SHE NEVER CAME. OK I NOW FEEL LIKE SHIT. Then he says good bye and leaves with mom, God I wanted to get up and kick her ass.
And top think Im worried about what 100plus K boat to buy and this poor kid has NEVER EVEN GOTTON $1 FROM THE TOOTH FAIRY.
Sometimes things in life ARENT THAT BAD

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-27-2004, 09:36 PM
wow.. that is sad.. I just told my kids there wasn't one.. well it was cause I was cought putting money under the pillow.. I tried to play it off and say.."I was checking to see if she had come yet". My daughter told me no mommy she hasn't been here yet, but now I have money why? :cry: I don't want them to grow up.. :cry: :cry:

Dr. Eagle
08-27-2004, 09:37 PM
Some people shouldn't have kids...... :notam:

Debbolas
08-27-2004, 09:38 PM
YOU are the tooth fairy's helper!
Kilrtoy I get this at work all the time, you would be surprised, some kids don't get a Santa or a Tooth Fairy. :frown:

dmontzsta
08-27-2004, 09:39 PM
That really does suck. Parents need to make their kids life as great as possible. I do my best to make sure I am the best parent I can be, even though...well...

Mrs. casean
08-27-2004, 09:42 PM
That just breaks my heart... does make feel a bit selfish when you step back and look at how great you have it... material things and all when you realize how others not as lucky as us live... a total shame parents such as his mom couldn't even put a quarter under his pillow just to give him a childhood memory as many other children have.

Debbolas
08-27-2004, 09:45 PM
They don't have a childhood, they grow up taking care of their younger sisters and brothers, locking the door when the drug abusing gang member boyfriend comes home.
These kids have no one to look up to, except gang members and professional athletes, oh and rappers.
We can encourage them, but we don't really hold any weight.
We aren't cool.
We aren't rich.
We are only educators...
We do our best, and we reach a few. Some we have to just watch, and you just know this kid is going to get into a gang, or knock over the 7-11, or shoot a cop to get some gangs attention.
The ones we get through to make it worth while.......
Volunteer at your local school!!!!!!!!!!
Read to your kids!!!!!!!
Rant off...................Deb :chi:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
08-27-2004, 09:53 PM
This morning this little KILRTOY boy(7 years old) came up to me in the Bagel shop and started talking to me. I noticed his front tooth was lose. So, I commented on how the boat fairy was coming to his house soon. He began to tell me that there was no boat fairy. The boat fairy has never come to his house and he has lost all his teeth and this was the last SHOCKWAVE. OK, MY HEART IS COMPLETELY BROKEN. I say yes there is, Maybe she is so busy that your teeth fall out at the busy times of the month and you hide your teeth so good that she can't find them so just maybe, she leaves. So he tells me no there is no BOAT fairy, I slept on the floor and put my tooth on top of the pillow so she will find it, Sy at commander NEVER CAME. OK I NOW FEEL LIKE SHIT. Then he says good bye and leaves with mom, God I wanted to get up and kick her ass.
And top think Im worried about what 100plus K boat to buy and this poor kid has NEVER EVEN GOTTON $1 FROM THE TOOTH FAIRY.
And i cant wait to get rid of my slow shockwave
:boxingguy :boxingguy :boxingguy

Kilrtoy
08-27-2004, 09:56 PM
Im not saying there is a new boat in the future , but as I drive by SYA, who is at full throttle and im only at 4K and still have 3K to go. MRS KILRTOY will flash you..... :D

Mrs. casean
08-27-2004, 09:58 PM
They don't have a childhood, they grow up taking care of their younger sisters and brothers, locking the door when the drug abusing gang member boyfriend comes home.
These kids have no one to look up to, except gang members and professional athletes, oh and rappers.
We can encourage them, but we don't really hold any weight.
We aren't cool.
We aren't rich.
We are only educators...
We do our best, and we reach a few. Some we have to just watch, and you just know this kid is going to get into a gang, or knock over the 7-11, or shoot a cop to get some gangs attention.
The ones we get through to make it worth while.......
Volunteer at your local school!!!!!!!!!!
Read to your kids!!!!!!!
Rant off...................Deb :chi:
Well said! Children are our future...

Tom Brown
08-27-2004, 10:12 PM
OK... I've got a story. :D
I make a point of never buying from telephone solicitors or door to door salesmen. The reason I receive phone calls and have people knocking on my door all the time asking for money is that there are morons buying stuff from these people. I wish they would stop.
OK... I pull into my driveway yesterday and there is a girl on my front step. I assume it's an ex-girlfriend who I'm still friends with, although I don't see a car.
It turned out to be a 12 year old girl who happened to be particularly well developed and was wearing hip-hugger jeans and a tight t-shirt. She also had the same shoulder length black hair worn in a flip and her face looked pretty similar too. From the back, I would have sworn it was the ex. Weird...
Anyway... this girl starts into her speal and isn't doing too well with her presentation. It turned out, she was trying to sell candies for an organization for mentally disabled children, to which she belonged. They had some sort of group event they were trying to raise money for. She was so shy she could hardly talk. She was trying to hide behind her bangs.
Well... damn... I knew the never buy from door to door sales people rule was about to be broken. I'm pretty tough with adults, particularly pan-handlers, but I hate to break the spirit of a child.
My smallest bill was a $20 so I gave it to her. She pulled out her envelope of money and we went through it. All she had was $6 so she couldn't make change. It was clear she wasn't selling too many candies.
You know... I don't even like chocolate. Fortunately, I have a bunch of nieces and nephews to unload this mother load of candy on.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
08-27-2004, 10:15 PM
Im not saying there is a new boat in the future , but as I drive by SYA, who is at full throttle and im only at 4K and still have 3K to go. MRS KILRTOY will flash you..... :D
In your dreams, you better stick with the 21 footer thats all you can handle :crossx:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
08-27-2004, 10:17 PM
for what you will have to pay in insurance :2purples: you wont have any money to put gas in it. :hammerhea

Kilrtoy
08-27-2004, 10:18 PM
Dreams Are A Happen Quickly Over Here Today, I Just Hope The Bubble Doesnt Pop....

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
08-27-2004, 10:22 PM
Dreams Are A Happen Quickly Over Here Today, I Just Hope The Bubble Doesnt Pop....
well I have two weed wackers to put on you 21 footer LMAO :yuk:

WUTWZAT
08-27-2004, 10:24 PM
A dollar?
A whole dollar...... I never got a dollar. Gonna have to call my parents.
Wheres my dollar bitches :argue: I want a new son.... :cry:
Its almost 11:30, I am sure to wake them at this hour.... :mad:
Jason :wink:

Rexone
08-28-2004, 01:11 AM
OK... I've got a story. :D
I make a point of never buying from telephone solicitors or door to door salesmen. The reason I receive phone calls and have people knocking on my door all the time asking for money is that there are morons buying stuff from these people. I wish they would stop.
OK... I pull into my driveway yesterday and there is a girl on my front step. I assume it's an ex-girlfriend who I'm still friends with, although I don't see a car.
It turned out to be a 12 year old girl who happened to be particularly well developed and was wearing hip-hugger jeans and a tight t-shirt. She also had the same shoulder length black hair worn in a flip and her face looked pretty similar too. From the back, I would have sworn it was the ex. Weird...
Anyway... this girl starts into her speal and isn't doing too well with her presentation. It turned out, she was trying to sell candies for an organization for mentally disabled children, to which she belonged. They had some sort of group event they were trying to raise money for. She was so shy she could hardly talk. She was trying to hide behind her bangs.
Well... damn... I knew the never buy from door to door sales people rule was about to be broken. I'm pretty tough with adults, particularly pan-handlers, but I hate to break the spirit of a child.
My smallest bill was a $20 so I gave it to her. She pulled out her envelope of money and we went through it. All she had was $6 so she couldn't make change. It was clear she wasn't selling too many candies.
You know... I don't even like chocolate. Fortunately, I have a bunch of nieces and nephews to unload this mother load of candy on.
I'm not big on freeloaders either. But there's a lot of worse ways you could have dropped that $20 Tom. (or should I say that $15.20) ;)

HammerDown
08-28-2004, 04:25 AM
This morning this little boy(7 years old) came up to me in the Bagel shop and started talking to me. I noticed his front tooth was lose. So, I commented on how the tooth fairy was coming to his house soon. He began to tell me that there was no tooth fairy. The tooth fairy has never come to his house and he has lost all his teeth and this was the last one. OK, MY HEART IS COMPLETELY BROKEN. I say yes there is, Maybe she is so busy that your teeth fall out at the busy times of the month and you hide your teeth so good that she can't find them so just maybe, she leaves. So he tells me no there is no tooth fairy, I slept on the floor and put my tooth on top of the pillow so she will find it, SHE NEVER CAME. OK I NOW FEEL LIKE SHIT. Then he says good bye and leaves with mom, God I wanted to get up and kick her ass.
Kilrtoy...Ya should have pulled the kid to the side and on the sly told the kid you were the tooth fairy's big ugly helper...and slipped the kid a $20. Ya cheep prick :rolleyes: :D

MagicMtnDan
08-28-2004, 06:21 AM
So you couldn't help him with the tooth fairy - why didn't you bring him over and show him his first set of boobs? :p It may have been too late for the kid to have the tooth fairy come to his house but it's never too late for him to come over and see Mrs. Kilrtoy! Just think of the stories he could tell his friends. And it'd give him something to pull his little buddy to for the rest of his life. :boxed: :rollside:

Kilrtoy
08-28-2004, 09:10 AM
Kilrtoy...Ya should have pulled the kid to the side and on the sly told the kid you were the tooth fairy's big ugly helper...and slipped the kid a $20. Ya cheep prick :rolleyes: :D
I thought of that too late

Kilrtoy
08-28-2004, 09:11 AM
So you couldn't help him with the tooth fairy - why didn't you bring him over and show him his first set of boobs? :p It may have been too late for the kid to have the tooth fairy come to his house but it's never too late for him to come over and see Mrs. Kilrtoy! Just think of the stories he could tell his friends. And it'd give him something to pull his little buddy to for the rest of his life. :boxed: :rollside:
I didnt want to corrupt the kid at that age

dmontzsta
08-28-2004, 09:28 AM
The price for teeth has went up since I was a kid. I used to get a dollar. Now my son is getting $5.

Kachina26
08-28-2004, 10:36 AM
And i cant wait to get rid of my slow Commander
:boxingguy :boxingguy :boxingguy
Damn Mel, I'm shocked!!!!! Was it Gary's boat that made you change your mind? What are you gonna replace it with?

Kachina26
08-28-2004, 10:39 AM
I never got more than 15 cents! Am I that old or were my parents that cheap? :cry:

FRENCHIE
08-28-2004, 10:41 AM
he's goin pontoon style!!! ;)

73kona455
08-28-2004, 10:45 AM
my son told me when he lost his 1st tooth that the tooth fairey was supposed to bring you 1 million dollars for each tooth... hell i had the pliers out and was fixing to pull a few of my own for the amount.... :2purples:

IN2-IN2MX
08-28-2004, 10:59 AM
Imagine the ass kicking that poor kid would get at school when he swore he saw the tooth fairy's helper at the bagel shop! LOL. :) Can we say THERAPY FOR LIFE? Hee hee. :wink:

Kilrtoy
08-28-2004, 11:01 AM
I was looking for you on BALBOA yesterday girlie.....

IN2-IN2MX
08-28-2004, 11:03 AM
I was looking for you on BALBOA yesterday girlie.....
Like before? Nah, took a different way. You should've stopped by work.