PDA

View Full Version : pulse surface drives?

tahiti77
04-10-2006, 10:21 AM
i am doing a repower on my eliminator. i have been looking at a lot of drives. i am interested in a drive called pulse drive it is a trimable surface drive but i know nothing about it. they claim to get 10% more power than any other drive. does anyone run this type of surface drive or know anything about them? their website is www.pulsedrive.com

RiverDave
04-10-2006, 03:49 PM
Dude this is ***boat.. You can't be asking boat related questions up in here! All the guys "in the know" actually dunno shiznit.. LOL
I know a little about it, but not enough that I think would warrant any kid of merrit.. I know Nordic built a 25 with one on it? Maybe start there if you can't find any information?
RD

SmokinLowriderSS
04-10-2006, 04:33 PM
Aww ... pay no attention to RD, RD sux. :D
Pretty cool drive setup. I suspect the 10% is reasonably attainable due to no double-gearset pushing power thru on a I/O and no housing dragging in the water. Been trolling arround their website. Had never heard of them before this. If I had a big enough boat, and a couple engines, I'd consider it myself.

Kahuna
04-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Here is the Bravo™ to Arneson Conversion Kit
http://www.arneson-industries.com/bravo_to_arneson_conversion.htm

Boatlesss
04-10-2006, 07:39 PM
So far they have very limited success if any.
Best to look at what Kahuna says.

ROZ
04-10-2006, 09:59 PM
So far they have very limited success if any.
Best to look at what Kahuna says.wow, site says 17years in the business... Seems like a lot of years without much success...

flat broke
04-10-2006, 10:06 PM
If you're looking for another surface drive option, contact Rhett at Dana Boats. He has access to a line of surface drives that might be just what you're looking for.
Chris

Boatlesss
04-11-2006, 10:56 PM
If you're looking for another surface drive option, contact Rhett at Dana Boats. He has access to a line of surface drives that might be just what you're looking for.
Chris
Even Dana does not seem to use that German thing. They quoted a price at the boat show that is compariable to a SSM#6!!