PDA

View Full Version : Three Days Only...Huevos of Steel

Havasu Hangin'
08-29-2004, 12:22 AM
For those of you who couldn't make it out to the SCOPE Poker Run today...here's (http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/scope_1.wmv) a little teaser onboard "Maximus" (aka- "TDO Airlines").
:cool:

JetBoatRich
08-29-2004, 05:07 AM
Cool video :supp:

73kona455
08-29-2004, 06:56 AM
looks really fun
:cool: :cool: :cool:

cigarette1
08-29-2004, 07:20 AM
What did you guys do ... take the short run to Newport?
G

Havasu Hangin'
08-29-2004, 08:15 AM
What did you guys do ... take the short run to Newport?
G
No..that's the "super-edited" version. I may have some video of your boat, too.

unleashed
08-29-2004, 09:16 AM
HH Can you believe those 2 guys on the seadoos. Of all places to sit and watch those 2 guys were right in the middle of the start. Not sure what they were thinking seeing 130 boats coming at them especially when Jeff had to turn sharply to avoid one of them. :notam:
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

Dave C
08-29-2004, 09:23 AM
ha ha... see the lake lice run. :220v:

diggler
08-29-2004, 09:24 AM
HH Can you believe those 2 guys on the seadoos. Of all places to sit and watch those 2 guys were right in the middle of the start. Not sure what they were thinking seeing 130 boats coming at them especially when Jeff had to turn sharply to avoid one of them. :notam:
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:
I saw that too! Can't say I'm surprised by them. If I were them, I would have just stopped and turned sideways to present the largest profile to be seen and avoided. What a bunch of idiots going head to head with these boats!

Havasu Hangin'
08-29-2004, 09:31 AM
Yeah...what a couple of rocket scientists on those PWCs. I think I was madder than Jeff...he moved to the far outside and got back in it.
I don't know about you, Deano, but we spent more time in the air than in the water...the video doesn't give the feeling of the whole boat launching out of the water. The "pucker-factor" was very high on a couple of those landings.
I gotta hand it to him...Jeff drove the wheels (and blower belts) off that boat.

Debbolas
08-29-2004, 10:24 AM
Wow!
Very cool!!
:2purples:

Scream
08-29-2004, 10:58 AM
Cool vid HH, Thanks...
Scream <---want's to play with the big boys.

Jbb
08-29-2004, 12:21 PM
Told you Poker runs were fun...HH... :D

FRENCHIE
08-29-2004, 12:30 PM
i went to the oc swapmeat this a.m. ...does that count for anything!??? :rolleyes:

fourspeednup
08-29-2004, 12:51 PM
Cool vid! Looks like you guys were flyin! :2purples:

Havasu Hangin'
08-29-2004, 01:07 PM
Told you Poker runs were fun...HH... :D
I know you may find this hard to believe, SDB...but this is not my first poker run...
On a side note...I heard "Team Nor-Tech" didn't fare too well.
Scream- not everyone out there is a "big boy"...but there was some serious boaters (like the Bobbit's new 40' Conquest/Skater). I saw everything from guys drinking beers at 9AM (orange West Marine vests), to full race teams (helmets and all).
Cool vid! Looks like you guys were flyin! :2purples:
The water was pretty bad (I'll let Jeff explain)...I don't think we were much below 80MPH, and I think we hit 105MPH once.
Next time...we're going to have to get an infant car seat for Charley...I thought he was going to fly out!

XtrmWakeborder
08-29-2004, 01:14 PM
That video was bitchin! Glad you had fun

Three Days Only
08-29-2004, 01:21 PM
That was a great run!!! Glad you made it out, I was getting alittle worried there for a few minutes. Next time were keeping the blower belts on the blower instead of halfway on the pulley's, atleast that is what Bob Teague says. Even with the three stops to repair the boat, we still finished thats a major accomplishment on BRAVOS's.
Thanks for coming I had a blast, until next time!!!
PS, I finally quit nursing those drinks around 8:00pm.
Cool Video!!!!
TDO

Jbb
08-29-2004, 01:59 PM
I know you may find this hard to believe, SDB...but this is not my first poker run...
On a side note...I heard "Team Nor-Tech" didn't fare too well.
Scream- not everyone out there is a "big boy"...but there was some serious boaters (like the Bobbit's new 40' Conquest/Skater). I saw everything from guys drinking beers at 9AM (orange West Marine vests), to full race teams (helmets and all).
The water was pretty bad (I'll let Jeff explain)...I don't think we were much below 80MPH, and I think we hit 105MPH once.
Next time...we're going to have to get an infant car seat for Charley...I thought he was going to fly out!
105...wow.... :p ...Team Nortech......lol....on the West Coast.....lol.....I must not have gotten the memo... :messedup:

Havasu Hangin'
08-29-2004, 02:15 PM
105...wow.... :
I know it's not up to your standards, and we do apologize. However, there is still an open invitation for you (and your Sea-Doo boat) to come out and show us how it's done.
:p ...Team Nortech......lol....on the West Coast.....
There was a boat named "Phat Cat" out there...he must not have gotten the memo to boycott. :hammerhea
That was a great run!!! Glad you made it out, I was getting alittle worried there for a few minutes.
Well, TDO...thanks for putting up with me and my dead weight in your boat...I had a blast.
Next time, I'll bring some "man's drinks" (so we can take the nipple off yours), and show you how the "HH Row" does some damage...
:eek:

Jbb
08-29-2004, 02:30 PM
I know it's not up to your standards, and we do apologize. However, there is still an open invitation for you (and your Sea-Doo boat) to come out and show us how it's done.
There was a boat named "Phat Cat" out there...he must not have gotten the memo to boycott. :hammerhea
Well, TDO...thanks for putting up with me and my dead weight in your boat...I had a blast.
Next time, I'll bring some "man's drinks" (so we can take the nipple off yours), and show you how the "HH Row" does some damage...
:eek:
Standards!.....As you know I have no standards....I was merely complimenting your ride....
Thanks for the invite.....could you now please put the Fall heatwave back on>?

cola
08-29-2004, 03:49 PM
We did the long course, just not at that speed. We left right after dinner, who won the 10k & with what hand. I didn't think a pair of 10's & 4's on diff. hands was going to cut it. We had fun. The parking was a little tight, unless you got the VIP spot like TDO. (nice pull)
Late, Mike

Three Days Only
08-29-2004, 04:14 PM
We did the long course, just not at that speed. We left right after dinner, who won the 10k & with what hand. I didn't think a pair of 10's & 4's on diff. hands was going to cut it. We had fun. The parking was a little tight, unless you got the VIP spot like TDO. (nice pull)
Late, Mike
It was either 4 Kings or 4 queens, but it was still worth 10K. We did really good considering that three times we had to stop and fix the blower belts. They kept slipping off the damn pullies and rubbing on shit tell they started to smell like burning condoms. Not exactly a god thought when you got four other guys in your boat.
Charley, Havasu Hangin, JackPunx, Rick thanks for joining me at the run, it wouldnt have been the same without you guys. HH the last thing I remember hearing before the catalina stop was "I dont mind if you fly it, but learn how to land the thing right".
That was fun!!!!!!!
TDO

Charley
08-29-2004, 04:20 PM
It was either 4 Kings or 4 queens, but it was still worth 10K. We did really good considering that three times we had to stop and fix the blower belts. They kept slipping off the damn pullies and rubbing on shit tell they started to smell like burning condoms. Not exactly a god thought when you got four other guys in your boat.
Charley, Havasu Hangin, JackPunx, Rick thanks for joining me at the run, it wouldnt have been the same without you guys. HH the last thing I remember hearing before the catalina stop was "I dont mind if you fly it, but learn how to land the thing right".
That was fun!!!!!!!
TDO
it was the shiznit..... i vow not to talk shit about Jeff or Spectre powerboats for the whole rest of the weekend!!!!
Thanks Jeffy ;)

Havasu Hangin'
08-29-2004, 04:30 PM
HH the last thing I remember hearing before the catalina stop was "I dont mind if you fly it, but learn how to land the thing right".
Words to live by, my brotha from anotha motha...words to live by. :cool:
I don't mind the whole boat being 3 or 4 feet out of the water at 80MPH...just please don't land on the front left sponson (whenever possible). :supp: I think I caught Charley holding my hand a couple times...
Who's working the tunnel tab, anyway? :idea:

Charley
08-29-2004, 04:42 PM
Words to live by, my brotha from anotha motha...words to live by. :cool:
I don't mind the whole boat being 3 or 4 feet out of the water at 80MPH...just please don't land on the front left sponson (whenever possible). :supp: I think I caught Charley holding my hand a couple times...
Who's working the tunnel tab, anyway? :idea:
It's not a gay thing unless one of us enjoyed it and mine was out of fear!

boatnam2
08-29-2004, 04:42 PM
damm ray lee next to you guys in the lavey wasnt messing around.sweet video!

Havasu Hangin'
08-29-2004, 04:48 PM
damm ray lee next to you guys in the lavey wasnt messing around.sweet video!
As usual...the Lavey boys didn't seem to care what size boat they were in...
It's not a gay thing unless one of us enjoyed it and mine was out of fear!
Well, I feared that you wouldn't like it if I let go...so I guess mine was fear, too!

burtandnancy
08-29-2004, 04:55 PM
Gptta disagree (slighty but politely) with Havasu Hanging, but I thot the water was unusually smooth, especially from the island to Newport. Yes, there were a few lumps at the start, and always a few the last mile to Catalina, but after many years of the Catalina Race and many, many runs over, it was one of the best. The boat I rode in had the ballast way up in the nose and has an unusually great ride. Don't forget, it was a V that got to the island first (not the Outer Limits). What a great turn out. SCOPE outdid themselves again...

Havasu Hangin'
08-29-2004, 05:08 PM
Gptta disagree (slighty but politely) with Havasu Hanging...
Hey Burt...I ran into Jerry afterward, and told him to tell you "hi". I told him to hurry up and sell his boat so he can buy yours. I'm gonna try to make it out for the Willow-Katherine run this year, so maybe I'll see you out there.
As for the rough, I think Three Days Only will agree that his "X" is too high for the washing machine stuff...but perfect for Havasu. Those Bravos were not happy campers...

burtandnancy
08-29-2004, 05:35 PM
HH, Nancy & I are excited about our annual Willow to katherins run on Wednesday Sept 8. Lets have a bullett together.
It may not have been the best water for Bravo's, but you know, I heard that not a single drive broke, regardless of brand. A few guys limped home with minor problems (belts, water lines, etc) but all in all I think the damage control was well in hand. I was a little surprised at the speed everyone ran to the island at, but it was done safely as best I could tell. We only had one incident, got washed down big time in the first 1/4 mile when someone (who shall remain nameless) cut across us. What a great day...

Havasu Hangin'
08-29-2004, 05:38 PM
We only had one incident, got washed down big time in the first 1/4 mile when someone (who shall remain nameless) cut across us. What a great day...
Were you on Ron's boat?
I saw Gary afterward, too.

burtandnancy
08-29-2004, 05:42 PM
HH, no, I was priveleged to ride in the IMCO Hallett 400 Poker Run Special...

Havasu Hangin'
08-29-2004, 05:45 PM
HH, no, I was priveleged to ride in the IMCO Hallett 400 Poker Run Special...
Gotcha. I was kinda looking forward to seeing the "Burtcraft" Hallet out there...I'm sure it knows the way to Catalina!

Havasu Cig
08-29-2004, 06:16 PM
The water was like a lake out there. I ran full throttle for the entire 100 miles watching the gps climb as we burned off fuel. :D
Can't wait till next year, but I am hoping the water is a little better. :cool:

andy01
08-29-2004, 07:44 PM
It was cool seeing some of you guys yesterday and meeting some new ones. Nice meeting you TDO, nice boat man. Maybe we can do that Newport run in a few weeks.
Andy

SoCalOffshore
08-29-2004, 08:06 PM
I had a great time out there, but had to leave as soon as we got back after the run. There were allot of way nice boats out there.

cigarette1
08-29-2004, 09:43 PM
The water was like a lake out there. I ran full throttle for the entire 100 miles watching the gps climb as we burned off fuel. :D
Can't wait till next year, but I am hoping the water is a little better. :cool:
I agree, the water was flat Saturday ... it took away some of my advantage :smile:
I was banging full throttle all the way after I got myself together and found some clear water. I had a bad position for the start .. with my high X and the washing machine water ... made for a hard time getting on plane. After about 4-5 miles ... it was ON ... one by one ... mostly running around 85 ... hit 88 :devil:
The Virgin Top Gun and the blue/white Gladiator had clean starts ... they were the only small power / Bravo boats that beat me to Avalon ... I think I was in the first 10-12 boats there and all the rest were BIG power BIG drive boats. It was the fastest run to Catalina I've ever made.
I have to give the Cigs their props ... they had to have at least 10 of the first 20 boats to Avalon ... I know for sure there was (not in any particular order):
Blue/White Gladiator (525efi/Bravo)
Yellow Virgin T/S Top Gun (500hp?/Bravo)
Tiger w/ Bob Teague (BIG power/#6)
Oh Beehave Tiger (BIG power/#6)
Illusion Tiger (American Flag) (BIG power/#6)
Flamed Top Gun Running w/ the Devil (BIG power/#6)
T/S Top Gun / Havasu Cig (500efi/Bravo)
Red/White Gladiator (500efi/Bravo)
All white T/S Top Gun (500efi/Bravo)
Blue/White T/S Top Gun, your truly (525efi/Bravo)
Remember ... It's not how fast you can go ... it's how long can you go fast ;)
Let's Do It Again !!!!

XtrmWakeborder
08-29-2004, 11:10 PM
What happened with team Bling..did they make it out?

Havasu Hangin'
08-30-2004, 03:23 AM
What happened with team Bling..did they make it out?
Bling Bling was a no-show. I heard he had a computer class to attend (this week was "Using Capital Letters 101"), followed by a convention in San Fransisco for gay pool cleaners.
Not that there's anything wrong with that... :idea:

Bling Bling
08-30-2004, 07:50 AM
Bling Bling was a no-show. I heard he had a computer class to attend (this week was "Using Capital Letters 101"), followed by a convention in San Fransisco for gay pool cleaners.
Not that there's anything wrong with that... :idea: You are such a funny guy!

BoatFloating
08-30-2004, 08:03 AM
You are such a funny guy!
Greggy, did you get her fixed????

jackpunx
08-30-2004, 08:18 AM
That was fun!!!!!!!
TDO
LOL. What a great weekend.. 3do once again as always.. Thanks man... there was defiantly a point there .. (On the way out) I was thinking to myself.."im NEVER doing this again"..lol.. I looked at HH, Charley and Rick a couple of times.. lol..well I guess you had to be there.. HH and Charley were holding hands..I wish I could have gotten the camera out.. lol... I looked down and we were averaging 80-90mph just about all of the way there.. and 100+ in some spots.. Jeff.. Your a true pilot of that boat.. Bling would have been proud.. That other Nortec was representing.. I don’t know if he could have kept up..lol
it was a fun party the night before too.. But we have to keep that one on wraps...lol..

OGShocker
08-30-2004, 08:20 AM
Thank's HH & TDO.
Those guys on the SeaDoos... what freaks! :2purples:

No Regrets
08-30-2004, 08:35 AM
That definitely didnt suck. I let all you high speed guys go and realized I better get on my horse when Miss Catalina Express started rollin up my rear blazin her horn. I cruised 60 the whole way thinkin I WAS haulin ass. 90-100 must of been sweet. I think I would have held your hand too, Charley. Actually, I could have just put you in my pocket.
I AM NOT GETTING A NEW BOAT.
But, if I did- those Cigs sure did look sweet.
Ive got some pics Ill post later.

jackpunx
08-30-2004, 08:36 AM
That definitely didnt suck. I let all you high speed guys go and realized I better get on my horse when Miss Catalina Express started rollin up my rear blazin her horn. I cruised 60 the whole way thinkin I WAS haulin ass. 90-100 must of been sweet. I think I would have held your hand too, Charley. Actually, I could have just put you my pocket.
I AM NOT GETTING A NEW BOAT.
But, if I did- those Cigs sure did look sweet.
they did look good.. the only time we saw them is when we had to pull over to fix the boat.. :rollside:

Havasu Hangin'
08-30-2004, 08:54 AM
You are such a funny guy!
Funny how? Like a clown? Do I amuse you?
BTW...I don't think you should miss next week's lab class:
"Intro to Logging On and Off (so your wife doesn't look smarter than you)"

Bling Bling
08-30-2004, 08:59 AM
Greggy, did you get her fixed????
Negative, There's a problem their having a tuff time figuring out. Might be time to count my losses and put 6 outboards on the back. How was the weekend?

cigarette1
08-30-2004, 09:18 AM
they did look good.. the only time we saw them is when we had to pull over to fix the boat.. :rollside:
:cry:
Remember ... It's not how fast you can go ... it's how long can you go fast :cool:
G

Havasu Cig
08-30-2004, 09:27 AM
That's the truth Gary...We ran 80-83 the whole run and not alot of people were willing to do that.
BTW: I could of sworn I passed 3DO about 1/2 way to the island. :p :cool:

Three Days Only
08-30-2004, 09:33 AM
Stopping three times to fix the boat, what a joke!!! Look at it on the bright side, we still finished with boats behind us, and we passed the same guys three times in a row. I was only following Carson's advise when he said "Tell Bob Teague I said you can run it as hard as you want".
Well at least I got a full year to get some more practice landing, by next year I should be a sesoned veteran. I dumped the drive fluid this morning surprisingly enough all looks well.
Bling starting from the far side was definitly the ticket, we had clear water all the till we had to stop to readjust the damn belts. The guys in the middle must have gotten worked. There was a crap load of boats on the line for the first start and that water must have been torn up.
Jeff

Liquid Courage
08-30-2004, 09:33 AM
I think that was one of the best poker runs yet!!
We made it out to Catalina I think right around 15 minutes! Running 90+ the whole way. I was watching the rev limiter bang as the boat flew! Theres something to be said for #6 drives :jawdrop: I still have hearing loss in my left ear from those damn 1000's!
Gary, your sh!t was looking tight bro. Chris, I liked the way your 85mph boat beat alot of 100+ mph boats out there :D
Great run, looking forward to next year!

Three Days Only
08-30-2004, 09:38 AM
That's the truth Gary...We ran 80-83 the whole run and not alot of people were willing to do that.
BTW: I could of sworn I passed 3DO about 1/2 way to the island. :p :cool:
You better have considering I was past by the entire first group. C'mon though it's not hard to pass a stopped boat!!! LOL
We tried like hell to catch up to everyone, but everytime we got going well and started making up some time, we had to stop and put the dam blower belts back on again. We had a great time out there, and I cant wait till next year. I runnin with the same crew, they all where a great help and fun as hell to hang out with..
HH, Charley, JackPunk, Rick............
By the way, I threw a 1/2 ratchet in the boat also.

cigarette1
08-30-2004, 09:40 AM
Bling starting from the far side was definitly the ticket, we had clear water all the till we had to stop to readjust the damn belts. The guys in the middle must have gotten worked. There was a crap load of boats on the line for the first start and that water must have been torn up.
Jeff
You got that right ... I had a hell of a time getting it going ... it was about 4-5 miles before I could really run it up over 75. I wish I had started near the outside.
It was an awesome first leg :cool:
G

Havasu Cig
08-30-2004, 09:49 AM
We started on the left side and it was definitely the way to go.
3DO, I yelled at you guys from my hotel room balcony before the run started but there was to much noise I guess for yoy guys to hear me.
Tank, I feel for you. The first time I rode in the back of Tim's tiger I could not hear for the rest of the day.
We had a great time. I am thinking maybe some bigger power for next year though. :idea: ;)

BoatFloating
08-30-2004, 09:59 AM
Negative, There's a problem their having a tuff time figuring out. Might be time to count my losses and put 6 outboards on the back. How was the weekend?
Weekend was great weather perfect and boat ran all day......
Outboards, the other white meat... ;)

Havasu Hangin'
08-30-2004, 10:00 AM
So Havasu Cig saw us broken down, and kept going? Where is the love?
Did you at least slow down to 70MPH?

Liquid Courage
08-30-2004, 10:13 AM
We had a great time. I am thinking maybe some bigger power for next year though. :idea: ;)
Like I said, it's amazing how your 85mph boat beat so many "100+" mph boats! :cool: Turn key, throttles all the way down for the whole run?? You can't beat that. I was just thinking of dollar signs while Tim was airing that Tiger out. listening to that ZIIIIING those hearings made!:D

Havasu Cig
08-30-2004, 10:18 AM
So Havasu Cig saw us broken down, and kept going? Where is the love?
Did you at least slow down to 70MPH?
Bro, I swear you guys were running when we passed you. We were off to your left. I even asked the other 1/2 as we went by to confirm it was you guys. Maybe you were slowing down. I would have stopped if I though you guys needed help (i think). :D ;)

Havasu Cig
08-30-2004, 10:22 AM
Like I said, it's amazing how your 85mph boat beat so many "100+" mph boats! :cool: Turn key, throttles all the way down for the whole run?? You can't beat that. I was just thinking of dollar signs while Tim was airing that Tiger out. listening to that ZIIIIING those hearings made!:D
That is the main reason I have not touched the 500's yet. Everytime I start talking about it Jody reminds me of the many time we were towed back in when we had our cats.
Tim is a madman. Everytime I have been in his boat the rpm's don't drop below about 5500.
Nobody else has mentioned this but what about the 43 Scarab that beat all the cats. I don't know what he had in that thing for power but it suprised a few people. :eek: :wink:

jackpunx
08-30-2004, 10:27 AM
Im supprised as well :2purples:

Havasu Hangin'
08-30-2004, 10:35 AM
Bro, I swear you guys were running when we passed you. We were off to your left. I even asked the other 1/2 as we went by to confirm it was you guys. Maybe you were slowing down. I would have stopped if I though you guys needed help (i think). :D ;)
Until the carnage started, I don't remember anyone passing us...but then again, I was either looking at the sky or the water...so I didn't really notice much else.
Maybe you didn't know that there was a guy in the boat wearing a Cig hat?

cigarette1
08-30-2004, 10:39 AM
Nobody else has mentioned this but what about the 43 Scarab that beat all the cats. I don't know what he had in that thing for power but it suprised a few people. :eek: :wink:
That Scab sounded SICK :devil:
It was from Pacific Marine ... partners with Team Scab
Does anyone know the history of that boat ... it wasn't pretty, but I don't think they cared much about how it "Looked" :idea:
Were there ANY cats in the top 10 to Avalon?
G

Dr. Eagle
08-30-2004, 10:39 AM
That was..........
H ella
M ega
B ad
A ss

ADDICTED
08-30-2004, 11:11 AM
The Scarab is owned buy Pacific Marine. Peter Guy was the driver and also the builder of the motors. He also is the one that built the motors in Gibson's MTI. The motors are exactly the same as Gibson's. Twin Quad Rotar 575's pushing I think 7ilbs of boost while making 1100hp and 1400 torque. With #6's. I was told they have seen 125 mph. not bad for a V.

cigarette1
08-30-2004, 11:26 AM
Gibson took it easy with respect to his passengers ... a very cool SCOPE couple.
G

Three Days Only
08-30-2004, 11:27 AM
The Scarab is owned buy Pacific Marine. Peter Guy was the driver and also the builder of the motors. He also is the one that built the motors in Gibson's MTI. The motors are exactly the same as Gibson's. Twin Quad Rotar 575's pushing I think 7ilbs of boost while making 1100hp and 1400 torque. With #6's. I was told they have seen 125 mph. not bad for a V.
Shawn, where were you in the line up getting into Catalina. It looked like Ron was running pretty good when you past the floating Specturd!!!

superdave013
08-30-2004, 11:46 AM
Peter Guy is the shit when it comes to building some bad ass s h i t!!
Anyone remember his blown injected HEMI powered GN boat?

Havasu Cig
08-30-2004, 11:52 AM
Here is a photo of the Scarab...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=52160&password=&sort=1&thecat=

Three Days Only
08-30-2004, 12:21 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/511/1442DSC00620_Small_.JPG

Liquid Courage
08-30-2004, 12:29 PM
I was talking to Bobbit after the run. He said he was running like 130 with the other 40 Skater. He said he looked over his right shoulder and suprised to say the least at the Scarab running right along w/them!
G, I think the other Skater was the first boat to Catalina. When we got there and were about a 1/4 mile out (We got there right before Teague, Dman and a couple other boats) I saw the other Skater running away from the Island w/the helicopter over top. Then the OL.

andy01
08-30-2004, 12:42 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/511/168PICT1606.JPG
I have more but that is all I have to post right now.
Andy

Three Days Only
08-30-2004, 12:44 PM
I was talking to Bobbit after the run. He said he was running like 130 with the other 40 Skater. He said he looked over his right shoulder and suprised to say the least at the Scarab running right along w/them!
G, I think the other Skater was the first boat to Catalina. When we got there and were about a 1/4 mile out (We got there right before Teague, Dman and a couple other boats) I saw the other Skater running away from the Island w/the helicopter over top. Then the OL.
They announced at the awards dinner that the Pacific Marine V Bottom was the first boat to Catalina. Surprised the shit out of me also, from where I was before I slipped a belt it looked like the two Skaters were out front and the pacific marine boat was right behind them, someone must have slowed down under 130, since that V runs around 125 topped out.

Havasu Cig
08-30-2004, 12:46 PM
RR,
I remember Jody telling me "That guy looks like Racing Rascal and one point over the weekend". I ignored her because I did not know you were at the run. I guess maybe she was right. :D

Havasu Cig
08-30-2004, 12:50 PM
They announced at the awards dinner that the Pacific Marine V Bottom was the first boat to Catalina. Surprised the shit out of me also, from where I was before I slipped a belt it looked like the two Skaters were out front and the pacific marine boat was right behind them, someone must have slowed down under 130, since that V runs around 125 topped out.
"Prime Time" took off in front of us and they looked like they were running pretty hard. I watched the rooster tail get smaller as we ran towards the island.
I was suprised the OL GTX did not run harder. I watched them running off our starboard side all the way to the island. I know that boat is capable of some big #'s. The 37 OL I heard ran hard though. I think it finished near the fron of the pack.
I heard Bobbitt's skater had a mechanical problem on the first leg. I talked to Scott Conrad the night before, who was on throttles, and he said they planned to run hard. If not for the problems they probably would have smoked everybody.
It was definitely good water for the cats.

Liquid Courage
08-30-2004, 12:58 PM
I heard Bobbitt's skater had a mechanical problem on the first leg. .
Vacum line slipped off...Took them 20 minutes to find the problem!
Hey Chris...Who won the actual poker hand?? I know you AND Tim had a good chance.

Havasu Cig
08-30-2004, 01:02 PM
I don't remember the guys name. I talked to Nort the next morning and he said the guy has a 36 Baja. I think 4 jack was the winning hand. He also said they had to shell out an extra 5k because they made a mistake and awarded 2nd place to the wrong person. Ouch!! :sqeyes:

Havasu Cig
08-30-2004, 01:09 PM
Speaking of fast V's, we were talking to Bob Teague after the run and Tim was telling him that he was on a mission to beat him. Bob said that if we wanted to beat him we needed to run in a straight line. He said it looked like we were headed to San Diego.
I need to get Newport programed into the gps, I had no idea where I was going. I was just following Tim. Pretty funny. :D

Havasu Hangin'
08-30-2004, 01:43 PM
Look at this happy crew...
Andy- it was nice seeing you and little RR again. Hope you kept that crew inline after I left (that Deano guy looked like trouble)... :idea:

Liquid Courage
08-30-2004, 02:19 PM
Heres a link to a few pics....I'm sure there will be many more.
http://www.scopeinfo.com/Photos/2004-SCOPE-Poker-Run/2004-SCOPE-Poker-Run.htm

Liquid Courage
08-30-2004, 02:20 PM
Speaking of fast V's, we were talking to Bob Teague after the run and Tim was telling him that he was on a mission to beat him. Bob said that if we wanted to beat him we needed to run in a straight line. He said it looked like we were headed to San Diego.
I need to get Newport programed into the gps, I had no idea where I was going. I was just following Tim. Pretty funny. :D
Too bad Bob didn't realize we'd already spanked him to Catalina!! :2purples:

andy01
08-30-2004, 02:46 PM
RR,
I remember Jody telling me "That guy looks like Racing Rascal and one point over the weekend". I ignored her because I did not know you were at the run. I guess maybe she was right. :D
We ended up going down there around 11a.m. on Saturday. Sat in the cheap seats by the dock and watched the boat roll in. I didn't see you you guys or I would have said "hi".
Andy

andy01
08-30-2004, 02:49 PM
Andy- it was nice seeing you and little RR again. Hope you kept that crew inline after I left (that Deano guy looked like trouble)... :idea:
Yeah we stayed for the dinner and what not, little RR was getting a little on the wobbly side for a while there. Those guys were pretty melo, I think they were sharing drinks when I left. Jeff said something about not being able to finish his drink fast enough it was getting warm??? Go figure it was 65 degrees.
Andy

Havasu Cig
08-30-2004, 02:51 PM
We docked up about 12:00 on Saturday. We came in with a green/yellow/purple Tiger. Sorry I missed you.

Havasu Cig
08-30-2004, 02:56 PM
HH, BTW cool video. :cool:

BoatFloating
08-30-2004, 03:13 PM
I have more but that is all I have to post right now.
Andy
Was Rick wearing Collin's Lifeline :)

Havasu Hangin'
08-30-2004, 03:24 PM
Was Rick wearing Collin's Lifeline :)
Not sure. All I gotta say is that I felt like Willy Wonka for a day...
So I guess Jeff's new name is "Three Drinks Only"?

Havasu Cig
08-30-2004, 03:36 PM
Here are the few pics that we took...
Docks...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=52164&password=&sort=7&thecat=511
Tim's Tiger...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=52165&password=&sort=7&thecat=511
Fleet...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=52168&password=&sort=7&thecat=511
Waiting to start...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=52167&password=&sort=7&thecat=511
Fire boat...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=52166&password=&sort=7&thecat=511

BoatFloating
08-30-2004, 04:31 PM
Not sure. All I gotta say is that I felt like Willy Wonka for a day...
So I guess Jeff's new name is "Three Drinks Only"?
Oh yes you are the new leader of the Oompa Loopa's....

unleashed
08-30-2004, 04:45 PM
Yeah I was trouble alright. I got so drunk I bought a baseball mit for $1,000. :cry:
Seriously though I had a great time. What a run. I tried to get Ron Gibson to speed up but Shawn was crying that he was scared of Jaws or something to that effect! :D
Rons boat is one bad mofo, Im sure next year he'll definitly open her up!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Steamin' Rice
08-30-2004, 06:53 PM
Yeah I was trouble alright. I got so drunk I bought a baseball mit for $1,000. :cry:
Seriously though I had a great time. What a run. I tried to get Ron Gibson to speed up but Shawn was crying that he was scared of Jaws or something to that effect! :D
Rons boat is one bad mofo, Im sure next year he'll definitly open her up!
Deano
SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!!! :D :D
I saw you guys out in the boats during the run, but was only able to meet No Regrets. He mentioned something to me about putting his boat up for sale.. :D
Great video, glad that everybody had a good time..

Three Days Only
08-30-2004, 07:50 PM
Havasu Cig
Here's your pics!!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/511/1442DSC00613_Small_.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/511/1442DSC00618_Small_.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/511/1442DSC00614_Small_.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/511/1442DSC00615_Small_.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/511/1442DSC00616_Small_.JPG

Three Days Only
08-30-2004, 08:03 PM
Not to many boat pics, but I got some of the party pics
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/985DSC00205-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/985DSC00180-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/985DSC00193-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/985DSC00168-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/985DSC00206-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/985DSC00189-med.JPG
Cant forget the pole in the Lavey Craft Rig!!!!!
We all know what didnt happen in there - You Know Who You Are!!!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/985DSC00201-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/985DSC00200-med.JPG

unleashed
08-30-2004, 09:20 PM
Man That night was definitly fun. What happens in the LBC stays in the LBC! :eek:
Deano

Charley
08-30-2004, 09:33 PM
I'm still buzzin from that run....3do... you do have big balls but tell JAy to stop pussin out and add some frickin Grab handles for the dumbasses who drew the short straws in the backseat! Damn it was fun though
In fact
hmmmmm I might just have to belly up and biggy size my 29 ;)

Havasu Cig
08-31-2004, 07:41 AM
3Do, thanks for putting up the pics I am a little computer challenged. :confused:
Charley, once you start running in the ocean it is addicting. Tell Dave you want a 34 layed up for some ocean running. :cool:

THOR
08-31-2004, 07:46 AM
I think I saw the Skater y'all were talking about. He was going south on I15 Thursday as I was headed north to v-town. We crossed again on Sunday.

jackpunx
08-31-2004, 07:57 AM
Man That night was definitly fun. What happens in the LBC stays in the LBC! :eek:
Deano
Thank God..lol.. Great time.. cool hanging with you guys..I dont care what the rest of them say about you..lol
Charley..
The spot in the back.. Deffinatly is not the middle seat..lol.. Thats why I was hovering over that side seat.. I been back there.... lol.
We'll do it again for Hydro fest..
Keeping in the spirit of what happens there stays there.. I have some pics.. lol.. Im not sure what to do with them..

Charley
08-31-2004, 08:09 AM
Charley, once you start running in the ocean it is addicting. Tell Dave you want a 34 layed up for some ocean running. :cool:
Thanks Chris...We spoke Monday morning before 9am ;)...good briefly seeing you, Jody and Gerrard ..... is G on the boards??
Thank God..lol.. Great time.. cool hanging with you guys..I dont care what the rest of them say about you..lol
Charley..
The spot in the back.. Deffinatly is not the middle seat..lol.. Thats why I was hovering over that side seat.. I been back there.... lol.
We'll do it again for Hydro fest..
LOL....coolio... It was cool hangin with you guys too...but that middle seat=sphincter factor#9 ;)

Three Days Only
08-31-2004, 01:48 PM
Hydrofest is going to be a blast. I sent in my registration today for the Poker Run and Radar Shoot-Out.
The middle seats do suck, but you get the effect of how fast your really going with all that wind pushing on your face.
There must have been alot of flex in the boat due to some of those landings. I found some new cracks in the paint today when I was wiping her down. :mad: It figures they had to be right in the midlle of the back of the boat above the grab rail. Im sure it was that time we almost stuffed the front end, that was a pretty hard impact on the water.
When did the thread get moved!!!HH must be moderating again, or he missed us in Cats & Tunnels. Yeah, thats it, he misses us. Maybe there is a soft side after all!!!!! :D :D

Charley
08-31-2004, 01:53 PM
When did the thread get moved!!!HH must be moderating again, or he missed us in Cats & Tunnels. Yeah, thats it, he misses us. Maybe there is a soft side after all!!!!! :D :D
I get the feeling it's another moderator with a hard on

jackpunx
08-31-2004, 03:11 PM
Hydrofest is going to be a blast. I sent in my registration today for the Poker Run and Radar Shoot-Out.
The middle seats do suck, but you get the effect of how fast your really going with all that wind pushing on your face.
There must have been alot of flex in the boat due to some of those landings. I found some new cracks in the paint today when I was wiping her down. :mad: It figures they had to be right in the midlle of the back of the boat above the grab rail. Im sure it was that time we almost stuffed the front end, that was a pretty hard impact on the water.
Dang.. we did hit hard.. :sqeyes:
I got a green light for hydro fest.. :D

Havasu Hangin'
08-31-2004, 03:58 PM
Yep...I thought you guys would like this thread brought "home".
As for the stress cracks...send me the bill- it was probably my fat ass. :idea:

BeetleJuice
08-31-2004, 08:06 PM
I agree, the water was flat Saturday ... it took away some of my advantage :smile:
I was banging full throttle all the way after I got myself together and found some clear water. I had a bad position for the start .. with my high X and the washing machine water ... made for a hard time getting on plane. After about 4-5 miles ... it was ON ... one by one ... mostly running around 85 ... hit 88 :devil:
The Virgin Top Gun and the blue/white Gladiator had clean starts ... they were the only small power / Bravo boats that beat me to Avalon ... I think I was in the first 10-12 boats there and all the rest were BIG power BIG drive boats. It was the fastest run to Catalina I've ever made.
I have to give the Cigs their props ... they had to have at least 10 of the first 20 boats to Avalon ... I know for sure there was (not in any particular order):
Blue/White Gladiator (525efi/Bravo)
Yellow Virgin T/S Top Gun (500hp?/Bravo)
Tiger w/ Bob Teague (BIG power/#6)
Oh Beehave Tiger (BIG power/#6)
Illusion Tiger (American Flag) (BIG power/#6)
Flamed Top Gun Running w/ the Devil (BIG power/#6)
T/S Top Gun / Havasu Cig (500efi/Bravo)
Red/White Gladiator (500efi/Bravo)
All white T/S Top Gun (500efi/Bravo)
Blue/White T/S Top Gun, your truly (525efi/Bravo)
Remember ... It's not how fast you can go ... it's how long can you go fast ;)
Let's Do It Again !!!!
Gary, don't forget "Hustle This" and "BeetleJuice" both with big Pfaff power, we were 6th and 7th to the Avalon card stop, pretty much way ahead of the rest of the pack. BeetleJuice got the holeshot and held the #1 position for a couple of miles at 102 MPH only to get passed when I slowed down to 90-95MPH the rest of the way to Avalon. Hustle This running side by side with me after being cutoff by a Magic Cat that had engine trouble at the start cutting across in front of him. Great run and a great event! Can't wait to do it again!

Three Days Only
09-01-2004, 09:31 AM
Yep...I thought you guys would like this thread brought "home".
As for the stress cracks...send me the bill- it was probably my fat ass. :idea:
Im not sure that you fat ass had anything to do with it. I will be happy to send you the bill, will you pay for the shipping back to Grafix EFX also, that would be sweet. I got a better idea, lets just blame it on the guy running the tab!!!!!!! :D :D
Dang.. we did hit hard.. :sqeyes:
I got a green light for hydro fest.. :D
Thats bitchen, glad to see your going to be on board for the festivites. Its going to be a blast. I was alittle worried there stud muffin!!
Now if HH is in were set!!!
Hustle This running side by side with me after being cutoff by a Magic Cat that had engine trouble at the start cutting across in front of him. Great run and a great event! Can't wait to do it again!
Damn West Coast boats, those things just arent meant for the salt. LOL
I talked to Bob Teague yesterday, and asked him if he thought that the water condition where V water or Cat water, he said "Definitely Cat Water", I guess all of us Cats drivers are just weak sauce. It must be time for me to go back to cat driving school!!!!!!!!!
Jeff / TDO