PDA

View Full Version : GS Marine ( Great Guy List)

lostlake
09-17-2001, 01:47 PM
I ordered a 2001 Edge Deck Boat, 9 weeks before labor day (I know what an ASS), Greg told me to allow about 8 weeks, After the gelcoater messed up the colors, he imeaditly put another boat in the mold, got it done in 1 week sent it to GS and now the work began,after 4 weeks I decided to add some goodies to the motor, including Edelbrock alum heads,intake, new carb, cam, and powder coated headers. That's a tall order to change in the middle of summer and still expect to be boating on labor day, But on Aug 30th (Thur) I picked up my boat from GS, towed it to lake Elsinore, with Greg behind me, tested it and it ran great, and off I went, straight to the River for Labor day, After 5.5 hrs, A valve broke sending pieces into #8 piston, I was done for the weekend (It was Sunday) Towed it back tuesday morning, GS imeadiitly removed the motor and heads to find out what happend and why. After carefull review they found out valve had hung open, GS hand carried to heads to Edelbrock for inspection. Greg Shoemaker called them personally and after 2 days Edelbrock owned up to there product failing. ( Guides clearance way too tight) They Replaced the heads (Both) with brand new ones and double check there guide clearance's, That still left the piston ( Actually 2 were damaged from debris). Well here's the end of the story. 9 working days later after droping the boat off, Greg shook my hand told me he was sorry for my troubles and told me NO CHARGE, and to have a good weekend, and to top off all of this, He found out where my trailer was and stoped by Sunday moring on his was to Havasu to make sure everthing was O.K... I would like to report that the boat ran great all weekend. Thanks Greg, and thanks GS Marine..

skeepwerkzaz
09-17-2001, 05:38 PM
Right on, and thanks for the info.

riodog
09-17-2001, 06:05 PM
LL, glad to hear you had a fine weekend and the boat ran good. I know the guys there at GS Marine really felt bad about that and tried their best to get you going again as soon as possible.( I couldn't even get them to take a silver bullet break with me on Friday).
Did you ever consider the possibility that you were treated with respect and kindness by Greg and the guys because thats how you treat them? Might just be a lesson here for some of our fellow boaters that walk into a shop, start raising hell, and then get on the net and start complaining and only tell half the story.
Next time you're down there would you put in a good word for me? They've been working on my little fishing boat now for about five years and I think it still might have a miss, oh, well
Michael
the dog

fat rat
09-17-2001, 06:07 PM
I agree, GS rigged my Daytona and did a nice job......I think Greg would be lost without Marcia and Eileen....hehehe....they got me through my rough times of not having a boat, but seriously they are a very "Proffessional Crew" From Greg's knowledge to his mechanic's capabillities to do it all, to the customers service.....great job, and thanx.

Squirtcha?
09-17-2001, 07:54 PM
Now that's what I call customer service.

lostlake
09-17-2001, 09:18 PM
Were going to make this thing Flame!! I would like to add another line to my story. After the motor blew and one week after droping it off at Gregs, Things just weren't moving as I had plannedEdlebrock hasn't made a desisson on the heads and I want'ed to go the River on Friday So I told greg I'll go buy a new set of Heads (Dart etc.)he he,He said to wait but I didn't know how long and summer is almost gone, I stressed again how i would be back in a hour with a new set, he insisted I give him a chance to make another call, I went to work and at 2:00 he called me and said Edelbrock was stepping up the plate,and a brand new set would be ready at 9:00, which I gladly offered to be the parts runner, I arrived back at GS Tuesday morning with a set of heads. (Greg just saved me $2000.00that I would have spent on a new set). Do I need to say more!!!!

wrightnow
09-17-2001, 09:52 PM
Lostlake sorry to hear about your trouble and also glad to hear it’s been resolved. I would like to believe that this board had a lot to do also with the service you got. Whenever a suppler (like GS) knows that any good or bad will be reported back to a very large group, this most likely will and can alter the type of customer service he provides. But my hats off to Greg for him going out of his way to make it right.
Hey, sorry we didn’t get a change to throw a few back, I was short on time, it was a windy night and so not much racing go off. Then one of my boys fell off a golf cart and that was it for the night, all well hopefully next time

lostlake
09-18-2001, 03:27 AM
wrightnow, yea maybe next time, I seen you running that night, cause I didn't pull off the water until 8:00 and by the time I got out, with the line and all, you were gone, but like you said maybe next time. YOu are right about this board, but you know what! Whatever it takes these days for the builders and shops, wheather it's the boards or just word of mouth to provide good service, this is what we all need, although some shops probally still say f*&%^k it, Greg does not, I've know GS for years now and that's one thing he always made sure and that if there is anything and I mean anything that Greg can do to make things right or to save you a buck or two he will try his damdest.

fat rat
09-18-2001, 04:09 AM
I ordered my boat from G.S. before I new about this board.......my decision was based on past experience. Having delt with Greg in the past ie. pump work, parts, and always the time to stop and talk with me about a specific problem or need and get the sound advice I'm looking for. My boats have always performed above and beyond my expectations.

jetboatjake
09-18-2001, 09:40 AM
Hey FatRat
You hit that one on the head.How many times have you called and asked Greg a Question about an order or something and first words are "Eileen".Hey I also hear Gregs not a bad Golfer. Jetboats and Golf go figure http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/happy41.gif
[This message has been edited by jetboatjake (edited September 18, 2001).]

fat rat
09-18-2001, 09:55 AM
I think Harley'a and Jet Boats are a better combo....."by land or by sea".

froggystyle
09-18-2001, 12:36 PM
Sounds to me like Greg kicks ass, and Edelbrock doesn't know how to make a set of heads stay together...

riodog
09-18-2001, 01:40 PM
Froggy, sshhh, you know what the markup is on a set of edelbrock heads?
Let's not start calling Greg "Tiger Shoemaker", some of us have to live with him!
Oh yeah, about the a** running around the shop, yer all invited down for your own look-see...a sight to behold...but don't touch.
the dog

fat rat
09-18-2001, 01:48 PM
Yo Rio, got any pic's......I'm a little uneasy about flying right now.....you know...D.C. to the west coast flights.

lostlake
09-18-2001, 05:21 PM
Hey Dog, Your not suppose to let the seceret out of the bag about the a#$ around there, but you've done it now. A%# and Jet boats and Harley's are a must in my book. Back to the issue on hand ONe last thing about Greg himself. I promise this will be it. Before Labor day when i wanted and needed my boat, Greg told me that if anything happened to get in the way of me taking delivery of my boat, I was more than welcome to take his CP to the river so I could enjoy the weekend. Enough said.... Thanks LL

77charger
09-18-2001, 08:50 PM
i've been to gs marine for parts before drove from s oc to get a wedge for my pump he didnt have one in stock he thought he did when i called. got there no wedge he made a phone call up the street carrera boats and found me one for the same price.had to go about one block but was not a wasted trip went home with what i was looking for.