PDA

View Full Version : finally finished

badrat
08-29-2004, 05:42 PM
Well I finally finished completely rebuilding my boat, its been a 4 mo thrash, but it turned out good compaired to how it was when I started,'
Its a 18' Pantera, with a [god I hate to say this] Panther pump, I know the ribbing will come about the pump, but thats what the boat is built for and I didn't care to completely redo the hull for something else, so I rebuilt the panther, and believe it or not it worked great, its powered by a 383 stroker sbc, tunnelram with 2 edelbrock 600's good for maybe 50 mph, [just guessing]
The first time in the water was yesterday, and ran flawlessly,
I will probably play with it untill I can find another one a little bigger, like a 20 or 21, my wife is wanting a more family type boat, maybe a day cruzer, BILL
Big Boys Tinker Toys
hotrods,streetrods, & customs

david_396
08-29-2004, 06:08 PM
looks great :cool:

BadBahner
08-30-2004, 03:12 PM
Well I finally finished completely rebuilding my boat, its been a 4 mo thrash, but it turned out good compaired to how it was when I started,'
Its a 18' Pantera, with a [god I hate to say this] Panther pump, I know the ribbing will come about the pump, but thats what the boat is built for and I didn't care to completely redo the hull for something else, so I rebuilt the panther, and believe it or not it worked great, its powered by a 383 stroker sbc, tunnelram with 2 edelbrock 600's good for maybe 50 mph, [just guessing]
The first time in the water was yesterday, and ran flawlessly,
I will probably play with it untill I can find another one a little bigger, like a 20 or 21, my wife is wanting a more family type boat, maybe a day cruzer, BILL
Big Boys Tinker Toys
hotrods,streetrods, & customs
Sweet looking boat. I like the interior. I wouldn't want to sit on the bow in the 115 degree heat at the river. You could fry an egg on that thing.
Eric

datdude
08-30-2004, 06:18 PM
HEY! If it ran perfectly, you need to go work on it some more. :hammer2:

1Bahnerjet
08-30-2004, 06:19 PM
COOL Job, like the PinStriping on the Deck.
hey you "Friends" with that dude cross the street with the Beer in his Hand?

Mohavekid
08-30-2004, 06:49 PM
Nice looking ride.
I had a friend in the mid 80's with one of those boats. Stock Chevy 350 and a Panther pump.
It was without a doubt the quickest little jet I've ever been in. We had a lot of fun in that boat.

jtmarten
08-30-2004, 08:41 PM
Very nice ride!

Wally_Gator
08-31-2004, 05:26 AM
Good job,
Enjoy the results of your hard work.

badrat
08-31-2004, 07:21 AM
COOL Job, like the PinStriping on the Deck.
hey you "Friends" with that dude cross the street with the Beer in his Hand?
THANKS for the compliments guys, the pinstriping on the deck is suspose to resemble a DOLLAR sign, by owning boats you can probably relate to that, I'm sure that deck would get rather warm,, but that might be a good way to keep peoples asses off of it, actually it doesn't get that hot up here in Oregon,
I am kinda accuanted with that dude across the street, he's my 23 Y/O son, and the bottle in his hand is more than likely a PEPSI bottle, he spent many hours sanding on that boat, now he wants to use it??? what kind of fool is he? :D :idea:
anyway,, thanks again for the compliments, it was a interesting project, but not one I care to repeat anytime soon, We have a 69 pontiac bonneville thats painted the same color for a tow rig, Bill
Big Boys Tinker Toys

sanger mike
08-31-2004, 05:29 PM
hey badrat, very nice looking boat :D looks like you did a great job. dont worry about what pepole say on the boards. if anyone says anythig just tell them to go pound salt and :eat: me.