PDA

View Full Version : Di Marco first outing

Jet City
08-29-2004, 09:49 PM
Well I got the new boat out this weekend, also my first experience driving a flattie. I've still got some set-up issues and a few more repairs before I feel solid about this boat, but holy-$hit is this thing fun to drive! Until I get the feel of it I'm not getting too crazy out there, but we ran it a little over 5200 rpm's, which seemed like plenty for my current comfort level. I was really impressed with the cruising speed, we're going by most boats on the lake running under 3500rpm's (18% gear and 11.25x15 prop), the ride is also much better than everone warned me, I actully feel this rides better in most situations than my semi-v (Southwind splash jet), also pleasantly surprised with the gas consumption, with the lower cruising speed I think my 350hp jet drinks it faster.
On a side note, its really funny how much attention this thing gets on the way to and from the lake, not too many of these around here, then when people take a closer look, they are shocked to find a turbo 400 trans inside.
Scott

dmontzsta
08-29-2004, 10:25 PM
Well I got the new boat out this weekend, also my first experience driving a flattie. I've still got some set-up issues and a few more repairs before I feel solid about this boat, but holy-$hit is this thing fun to drive! Until I get the feel of it I'm not getting too crazy out there, but we ran it a little over 5200 rpm's, which seemed like plenty for my current comfort level. I was really impressed with the cruising speed, we're going by most boats on the lake running under 3500rpm's (18% gear and 11.25x15 prop), the ride is also much better than everone warned me, I actully feel this rides better in most situations than my semi-v (Southwind splash jet), also pleasantly surprised with the gas consumption, with the lower cruising speed I think my 350hp jet drinks it faster.
On a side note, its really funny how much attention this thing gets on the way to and from the lake, not too many of these around here, then when people take a closer look, they are shocked to find a turbo 400 trans inside.
Scott
yes, V Drives definately look better than jets on the trailer as well...something about that big thing sticking out the back that makes people turn their heads. But with a nice cav plate and prop back there it is a eye grabber. Great looking boat, I guarantee you will want more and more power and eventually get rid of that jet. :D

Sangster
08-29-2004, 10:44 PM
JCR....So when do we see a Name & Avatar change....Welcome to the REAL World of Boatin'.......

Kindsvater Flat
08-29-2004, 10:47 PM
Now theres a woman. "Honey go paddle in a circle while I take pictures"..... a few minutes later "Go around the other way I missed the second side shot, no wait back the other way now":D
Glad you had fun......nice boat. :cool:

Jet City
08-29-2004, 11:00 PM
Dmontzsta, I have no use for 2 boats, the Sleek has been an outstanding boat, but I only (still) have it because the DiMarco came before the Sleek went, no fun to be boatless in the summer. I actually bought the DiMarco a little prematurely.
Sangster, I agree, a new name is in order, I'll have to work on that.
Kindsvator, you noticed that! I had no 2nd boat there to take moving shots, my wife offered to take the pictures, but I figured she looks better on the boat than I do.

Jetboatguru
08-29-2004, 11:25 PM
Kindsvator, you noticed that! I had no 2nd boat there to take moving shots, my wife offered to take the pictures, but I figured she looks better on the boat than I do.
Uncle Tony would argue that!!!!

1st Timer
08-29-2004, 11:50 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

v-drive
08-30-2004, 04:59 AM
yes, V Drives definately look better than jets on the trailer as well...something about that big thing sticking out the back that makes people turn their heads. But with a nice cav plate and prop back there it is a eye grabber. Great looking boat, I guarantee you will want more and more power and eventually get rid of that jet. :D
Eye Grabber, yeah I think that's right. I can vouch for the feeling of driving a flatty verses a jet, I/O, or even a wacker. There is absolutely nothing like it.
:coffeycup v-drive

ColeTR1
08-30-2004, 09:23 AM
Boat looks great

GofastRacer
08-30-2004, 09:55 AM
Very cool ride!.. :cool: :cool:

76BARRON
08-30-2004, 10:04 AM
SLEEK,FAST and SEXY!
and the boat look's GREAT TOO! :D

Jet City
08-30-2004, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the compliments, the paint is more vibrant in person than the pictures show, however, it does have some chips and scratches, probably done 10+ years ago and is now a very solid 20 footer, good enough for my needs anyway.
Scott

superdave013
08-30-2004, 11:00 AM
these 2 are great shots!
Well, they all are but those 2 are the best. First one is the better of the 2. Could be a post card! Nice looking boat, nice looking girl and total glass!
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5416
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5418

Boatmike
08-30-2004, 06:10 PM
NIce looking boat! :cool:

Kindsvater Flat
08-30-2004, 06:45 PM
these 2 are great shots!
Well, they all are but those 2 are the best. First one is the better of the 2. Could be a post card! Nice looking boat, nice looking girl and total glass!
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5416
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5418
I like the first one. Would make a good poster to hang on the wall in the office or over the mantel.

INEEDAV
08-30-2004, 07:40 PM
Was there a boat in the pictures????
Nice looking boat, nice looking water.

LeE ss13
08-30-2004, 07:46 PM
Flatbottoms .... welcome to the Dark Side !!!!!!

You Te
08-31-2004, 07:24 AM
Jet City,
That's beautiful, oh yes, and the boat looks good also.
You Te

RaysonKid
08-31-2004, 07:32 AM
That looks like it could be the back cove at Alder Lake???

Jet City
08-31-2004, 08:58 AM
RaysonKid, you are correct, it is the back cove, we "no wake" zoned our way in there, its a good spot for hangin' out, the rest of the lake was plenty smooth enough for a couple breif 75+ mph runs, we also cruised two laps around the lake, it was a damn good day!
I have absolutely no regrets about buying this boat, The V-drive hook has been set, our next boat will likely be more family oriented, but the little DiMarco stays! Thanks again for the compliments, usually my pictures really stink (no photo skills).

bonesfab
08-31-2004, 12:07 PM
i was going to say that cant be california too much water in the lake. no water ring 30 ft up the hill.... nice looking set up. the back drop is the shit. green, green, green.... :D

Jet City
08-31-2004, 01:30 PM
i was going to say that cant be california too much water in the lake. no water ring 30 ft up the hill.... nice looking set up. the back drop is the shit. green, green, green.... :D
Yep, Summertime in the N/W can't be beat, perfect weather and the state is green and beautiful, trouble is our season is WAAAAAY too short, only a couple weeks left in this boating season, then it's time to focus on the motor-home.
At least I'll get this new boat out a few more times before the weather craps, I'm learning about this boat and sorting out some of the repairs that are overdue, by next weekend this boat should have new strut bushings, shaft log seal (and longer log hose) and new Enderle throttle linkage, those items should make for a tighter and dryer feeling boat.