PDA

View Full Version : roz.....help.

TOBTEK
08-30-2004, 07:09 AM
Help ME Mr. Wizard. The super high quality SONY :mad: head unit that I had to have to mate with the Access-tek remote is DEAD after about 5 trips.....(yeah thats cute!) What should I get that will work with the sony changer, access-tek remote and has a leed for a I-pod(and looks pimpy!). Need to get something before this comming weekend and install out at the river. Your help is ALLWAYS appreciated......Toby
PS: sony LICKS! Sorry Mike :)

BoatFloating
08-30-2004, 08:26 AM
Help ME Mr. Wizard. The super high quality SONY :mad: head unit that I had to have to mate with the Access-tek remote is DEAD after about 5 trips.....(yeah thats cute!) What should I get that will work with the sony changer, access-tek remote and has a leed for a I-pod(and looks pimpy!). Need to get something before this comming weekend and install out at the river. Your help is ALLWAYS appreciated......Toby
PS: sony LICKS! Sorry Mike :)
Toby, I've had great luck with my Sony stuff. The best unit I've had is the MP70 or MP80. Sony MP80 (http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=497)
The only problem that unit is very limited because Sony doesn't make them anymore. I found the one place above that still has them. I know the Sony outlet in Lake Elsinore has the MP70 B stock and they give you a warranty for a year. They both have all the plugs you need for remote and rca in for Ipod.

TOBTEK
08-30-2004, 08:30 AM
Toby, I've had great luck with my Sony stuff. The best unit I've had is the MP70 or MP80. Sony MP80 (http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=497)
The only problem that unit is very limited because Sony doesn't make them anymore. I found the one place above that still has them. I know the Sony outlet in Lake Elsinore has the MP70 B stock and they give you a warranty for a year. They both have all the plugs you need for remote and rca in for Ipod.
sony LICKS BUTT! :mad: ....but I dont think I have a choice in the matter :confused:

BoatFloating
08-30-2004, 09:50 AM
sony LICKS BUTT! :mad: ....but I dont think I have a choice in the matter :confused:
That's what everyone tells me but I've had some real good luck with all the ones I buy. The MP70 I had has been in my boat 3 years and now in my golf cart and you know the abuse it takes in both of those areas and still working fine....

ROZ
08-30-2004, 10:56 AM
So you haven't sent any in for repair or exchange? :notam:
BTW, those of you who like using Sony, the new models that play MP3 and have wired remotability are:
CDXF7700
CDXM8800
CDXM9900

BoatFloating
08-30-2004, 02:06 PM
So you haven't sent any in for repair or exchange? :notam:
BTW, those of you who like using Sony, the new models that play MP3 and have wired remotability are:
CDXF7700
CDXM8800
CDXM9900
Just the MP 80 and that was a 8 day turn around. Sony sends you a refurbished unit once they receive your old one. I have 2 MP70's one that was in boat that went into golf cart and another one in my truck and both problem free 3+ years....