PDA

View Full Version : Ride plate cradle

Mohavekid
08-30-2004, 06:32 PM
I'm thinking of extending the cavitation plate on my Berk "e" pump to a longer ride plate type deal to control some porpoise.
Can someone tell me how the cradle attaches to the bowl? Do you just drill and tap some holes into the bowl? What size bolts? Can someone supply some pics?
I have a one piece bowl, and I'm thinking about making the cradle out of some billet aluminum. Is 1/2 thick ok or should it be thicker?
Any help or pics of the bowl attachment would be helpful.

roostwear
08-30-2004, 06:37 PM
Get ahold of Duane at HTP. I don't know if he sells them separately, but here's what in the E shoe kit. The cradle for the one piece bowl is on the far left. Yes, you drill and tap the bowl to mount it.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/896eshoe3.jpg

Mohavekid
08-30-2004, 06:40 PM
I've seen this on Duane's web site. i was thinking of just extending the plate without adding the shoe.
Roost, did you try this on your Roger's/Advantage? Did you see any change good or bad from the shoe?

roostwear
08-30-2004, 06:54 PM
I was going to install it this week, but my place in BHC doesn't have the equipment I'll need to do it, so it'll be done this weekend here. Unless I head back out in the next few weeks, It's first run with the shoe and ride plate will be FC2.

Mohavekid
08-30-2004, 07:22 PM
Hope it works out for you.
I'm looking forward to hearing the results after the install.