PDA

View Full Version : My first thread....

Benjhamina
04-10-2006, 12:07 PM
I am going to Lake Mojhave this weekend weather permiting and was looking for some advice about running up to the dam. I have never done it and wanted to try it out. Can you do it this early in the year as far as water levels go? Is anyone else going out there? Running the dam isn't like sex, I don't want to be alone the first time I do it. Thanks for any imput.

Benjhamina
04-10-2006, 12:08 PM
One thing I forgot is that I am running a 26' I/O

a catered life
04-10-2006, 12:15 PM
not sure if you will be able to run up to the dam i got a feeling it open up about june to be able to go up the dam i hope another member verifys this i might be wrong
if you get a little father north we will be out there camping at callville bay for 4 days look for my 25' eliminator with big stick colors with a radar wing looks like a classic mami vice boat :p

Chubby4Life
04-10-2006, 12:21 PM
The area north of the hatchery (Willow Beach) is closed to boats over 65 hp. untill Memorial Day, then it's closed on monday's for the hatchery's fish release. It remains open untill Labor Day. BTW, it's still a nice ride to Willow though. Hope this helps

Her454
04-10-2006, 12:26 PM
This is a question for the Mohave Maniac. If he's not at a basketball game he should be lurking here somewhere as we havent had any
"Its a beautiful day on the lake updates" today. :rollside:

Her454
04-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Hello T.....lol
Told you. ;)

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
04-10-2006, 12:31 PM
and don't forget to bring plenty of GAS MONEY!!!!
The ride from Cottonwood Cove up to Willow is really sweet. Enjoy the ride.

Tom Brown
04-10-2006, 12:32 PM
First thread, eh? :idea:
Nice job. I hope you enjoy the dam cruise. :)
Benjhamina, did I ever tell you about the people who died? For example, Teddy sniffed glue. He was 12 years old.

Chubby4Life
04-10-2006, 12:34 PM
Oh wait I forgot something. If you run to the dam in the summer, don't let anyone "check the prop" untill you get to the dam. Then sit back and watch the show! Creul, but funny as hell anyway!

Her454
04-10-2006, 12:35 PM
Damn jackers :)
Did you get those pretty pink swim trunks you were asking me about ordering online yet? :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

Tom Brown
04-10-2006, 12:36 PM
I have to work on being unpredictable. Any suggestions?
:)
I suggest 26 reds and a bottle of wine.

Her454
04-10-2006, 12:41 PM
"What you talkin' 'bout T"?
Feeling a little fiesty today I see....
Teaching you the art of unpredictability. Pay attention. :rollside:

Benjhamina
04-10-2006, 12:56 PM
Oh wait I forgot something. If you run to the dam in the summer, don't let anyone "check the prop" untill you get to the dam. Then sit back and watch the show! Creul, but funny as hell anyway!
What does that mean? Are there shallow spots I have to watch for?

Tom Brown
04-10-2006, 12:58 PM
What does that mean? Are there shallow spots I have to watch for?
I think he's telling you not to let anyone have a piss until you get to the dam.

Benjhamina
04-10-2006, 01:02 PM
not sure if you will be able to run up to the dam i got a feeling it open up about june to be able to go up the dam i hope another member verifys this i might be wrong
if you get a little father north we will be out there camping at callville bay for 4 days look for my 25' eliminator with big stick colors with a radar wing looks like a classic mami vice boat :p
Thanks for the info. Callville is on Mead right? I don't get up there much.

Benjhamina
04-10-2006, 01:05 PM
If it is windy watch out in the basin. It can get very rough through there. If it is windy trailer up to Cottonwood, launch from there and head up lake. That way you could avoid the basin
Another option is to run the apx 12 miles from Davis Dam to the basin opening. There are plenty of coves and so forth to hang out with the family. Either way it is a beautiful lake with lots of room
Agreed with what Chubby said.......
Thanks. I've spent lots of hours on that lake but rarely do I even make it as far north as the basin. I just wanted to change it up some.

Benjhamina
04-10-2006, 01:06 PM
and don't forget to bring plenty of GAS MONEY!!!!
The ride from Cottonwood Cove up to Willow is really sweet. Enjoy the ride.
I won't make it on a tank? To willow and back? Where is the best place to gas up?

Benjhamina
04-10-2006, 01:09 PM
I think he's telling you not to let anyone have a piss until you get to the dam.
Ohhh. I am the same way. If I'm driving no one pisses until I have to. Call me sick but there is something fun about watching the girls squirm.

Benjhamina
04-10-2006, 02:50 PM
Here is a good site for you. You can go here, print out the maps and then laminate them to carry on your boat.
http://www.nps.gov/lame/maps.html#lmnra
Thanks.