PDA

View Full Version : buying used 26' cat - good deal?

kevinb
02-27-2002, 02:02 PM
I'm now looking at a used firehawk.
I'm wondering your guy's opinion on it's value:
It's a 1998 with a 454 Mag putting out about 450 HP. The Firehawk is of course the 26' boat and it comes with the trailer.
The price of the boat is $35,000
A new one is going to be $55,000 to $65,000 depending on motor options.
Here's a page showing some pics of the boat I'm looking at: http://www.netprofitservices.com/firehawk
I looked up NADA and the boat booked at $34,000 with no mention of if that included a trailer in the estimate.
The boat is literally perfect in every way.
For those of you who know firehawks - is this a good price if the boat is perfect?
I'm going to test the boat on water the first warm day available - and at that time I'll need to make my decision.
Does this sound like an ok deal?
Any advice for what to look at specifically when I test it in a few days?
PS - not to be a jerk - but if you're all the way across the country, you don't need to send me info about your boat. I want to deal with someone in the midwest. I want to play it safe and buy a boat that I can crawl around in - not look at emailed pics or spend money travelling just to testdrive.
My posts here have always brought back great input from you guys! I really appreciate it.
I love this forum!

tim bevans
02-27-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by kevinb:
It's a 1998 with a 454 Mag putting out about 450 HP. The Firehawk is of course the 26' boat and it comes with the trailer.
Here's a page showing some pics of the boat I'm looking at: http://www.netprofitservices.com/firehawk
I looked up NADA and the boat booked at $34,000 with no mention of if that included a trailer in the estimate.
For those of you who know firehawks - is this a good price if the boat is perfect?
I'm going to test the boat on water the first warm day available - and at that time I'll need to make my decision.
PS - not to be a jerk - but if you're all the way across the country, you don't need to send me info about your boat. I want to deal with someone in the midwest. I want to play it safe and buy a boat that I can crawl around in - not look at emailed pics or spend money travelling just to testdrive.
My posts here have always brought back great input from you guys! I really appreciate it.
I love this forum!

tim bevans
02-27-2002, 04:25 PM
I love this forum!

tim bevans
02-27-2002, 04:25 PM
I love this forum!

kevinb
02-27-2002, 04:27 PM
not sure why he's reposting my text - but I guess you only need to read it once or it gets boring.

tim bevans
02-28-2002, 04:01 PM
I have a 1997 26ft firehawk with procharge 502e efi bravo one 1:50:1 30 pitch fourblade dual-ram steering. the boat has a yellow and purple paint, love the boat run's great. I live in the midwest ,35,000 sounds good if the boat is in great shape good luck.

tim bevans
02-28-2002, 04:02 PM
I have a 1997 26ft firehawk with procharge 502e efi bravo one 1:50:1 30 pitch fourblade dual-ram steering. the boat has a yellow and purple paint, love the boat run's great. I live in the midwest ,35,000 sounds good if the boat is in great shape good luck.

tim bevans
02-28-2002, 04:03 PM

tim bevans
02-28-2002, 04:12 PM
kevinb sorry about so many post having trouble with computer

kevinb
02-28-2002, 04:15 PM
no problem - your info was very helpful!

BADHTMSR24
03-02-2002, 10:56 PM
I am on BLUELIGHTNING MARINE'S Supercat race team and the owner of the engine shop has a 26 ft Firehawk with a 1100 hp blower motor and a speedmaster drive for sale.He took it on trade for a 38 hustler and really wants to unload it.You can probably pick it up for around $50,000.A good friend of mine used to own it so i can get all the info you want on the boat,nothing but the best of parts went into this boat and motor.Runs 115 on GPS.You are gonna want to talk to Bobby.here is the number (203)622-6343. The boat is all white except for the polished blower sticking up out of the hatch.Radical ride for the money,i know he had over $100,000 into it when he traded it in.
GOOD LUCK
TODD

BADHTMSR24
03-02-2002, 10:59 PM
I also think that the motor was just rebuilt before he traded it in.If you are interested i can find out for sure for you how many hours are on the motor

gimprvr
03-04-2002, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by BADHTMSR24:
26 ft Firehawk with a 1100 hp blower motor and a speedmaster drive for sale.Runs 115 on GPS.TODD
1100HP in a 26FT cat at 115 What's wrong with it?

Brad Zastrow
03-07-2002, 01:03 PM
I would be cautious with those Firehawks. I know of local Firehawk with a big block and does not run as fast as other cats. Owner was disapointed. 1100hp and 115 is proof. 1100 should run a lot faster in a 26' cat. $35,000 however sounds like a great deal. If you like it, go for it.

BADHTMSR24
03-07-2002, 05:58 PM
I have to agree that a 26 ft cat with 1100hp should run alot faster than that,but 115 in a 26 firehawk is still hauling ass especially for $50,000,the motor is almost worth that.

33daytona
03-09-2002, 04:10 PM
kevinb
i sent you an e-mail of a 26 AO for sale its in the cincinnati area