PDA

View Full Version : Rattles And Squeaks

Hallett19
08-31-2004, 12:27 PM
How in God's good name do I get rid of squeaks and rattles in the hatch of my SUV, its a 97 Explorer and its so fricking loud !!! HELP !!! thanks ;)

Cheap Thrills
08-31-2004, 12:30 PM
The quickest ??
Trade it in on a Chevy :D
C.T. :wink:

spectratoad
08-31-2004, 12:32 PM
Trade it in. Check your weatherstripping for dirt in between that and the body. Check the alignment of the latch that holds it shut. It may have worked out and not be holding the hatch tightly. there is my .02. :idea:

schlepy
08-31-2004, 12:53 PM
some gas and a match should fix that ford right up.....

NorCal Gameshow
08-31-2004, 01:01 PM
The quickest ??
Trade it in on a Chevy :D
My blazer did the same thing.. :hammer2: a little duct tape on the latch took care of it...(one more use for duct tape ;) )

Hallett19
08-31-2004, 01:27 PM
cheap thrills and shlepy, those are about the not funniest things I have heard in a long time :D My friend Matt has a 2002 blazer and it rattles and squeaks worse than my 97 Exploder does. I had a 2000 Expedition and that thing was as silent as sitting in a bank vault. I am goign to try tighening anything up that can be tightened and maybe throw some mystery oil or grease at it. Wish me luck !

schlepy
08-31-2004, 01:33 PM
good luck, i was just kidding about the match thing...
it would be cooler to push it off of a cliff....

Hallett19
08-31-2004, 01:53 PM
ha........ha.......
serious guys, give it up :D
The proof is in the number, and they dont lie, Ford out sold you Chevy guys by a few units last year in the truck dept.... over 240,000 to be exact :hammerhea
Oh, and what ever happened with the camaro and firebird ? Oh yeah, Ford sold 4 times as many mustangs as both those cars combined and GM had to stop making them, almost forgot about that.
Shut your pie holes !!! :p

Cheap Thrills
08-31-2004, 01:53 PM
I never said that Chevys dont squeak or rattle . but if you trade in that ford on a chevy then you wouldnt have to listen to your ford rattle and squeak.
heres another idea.
Go tighten your fuggin bolts , add a set of flowmasters and a bitchen audio system and get on with it :D
just tryin to help :p

Hallett19
08-31-2004, 01:55 PM
I just laughed so loud!!!! you guys are crackin' me up today, I love it !!! :D

Daytona19
08-31-2004, 02:22 PM
In the manual under section 5-25:1 it say's " The owner of this SUV must Lubericate the ajoining pins and mechanism of the rear hatch every 2 miles or before the piece of junk you bought blows up & rolls over" Or Go get yourself a Toyota and forget those annoying rattles and squeeks forever.
Sorry man about the dig, had to do it... :) :)

Hallett19
08-31-2004, 02:36 PM
I found the problem, I think. There are 2 little plastic wedges on the frame and 2 springy things on the hatch, and on one side, one is gone, and I think it pushes against the hatch to keep tension and keep from squeaking. Time to hunt down a piece the size of the top of my pinkie that will cost $20.

phebus
08-31-2004, 03:41 PM
$20.- is a cheap price for sanity. Rattles and squeaks can drive you nuts....... :2purples:

Cheap Thrills
08-31-2004, 04:15 PM
$20.- is a cheap price for sanity. Rattles and squeaks can drive you nuts....... :2purples:
Yeh but if your nuts rattle and squeak your sanity isnt the only thing you should be concirned with :D

Hallett19
08-31-2004, 05:23 PM
I found the part in Sun Valley at a place called Rainbow dismantling, they have all expedition/explorer/excursion/navigator parts, its awesome !!! $4 for the part I needed, $17 from the dealer. That helped the hatch, now for the glass ratling in the hatch. It made a WORLD of difference though !!!!

little rowe boat
08-31-2004, 05:44 PM
How in God's good name do I get rid of squeaks and rattles in the hatch of my SUV, its a 97 Explorer and its so fricking loud !!! HELP !!! thanks ;)
H19,I new when I read this it would turn into a Ford bashing thread.It's their way of making themselves feel better for making the wrong decision,when they purchased their Chevy or GM junk. :D

Cheap Thrills
08-31-2004, 05:55 PM
H19,I new when I read this it would turn into a Ford bashing thread.It's their way of making themselves feel better for making the wrong decision,when they purchased their Chevy or GM junk. :D
no regrets here with my Chevy truck . 1968 Chevy SWB stepside with close to half a mil. mi. on it . Ive owned it for 13 yrs , I'de drive it anywhere .

Hallett19
09-01-2004, 12:13 AM
I know both companies have their ups and downs, but I have always been very very happy with my Ford products, between my 2 mustang 5.0's, my Expedition, Explorer, even the 460 in my boat, I cant remember when I have really had any of them just give up on me for no reason. 3rd gear went out on my 87 GT with a really really bad mis-shift, my 460 in the boat went bad with an out of water wide open throttle blast, but other than that, I can not say I have done any more than tune up's and oil changes to any of them. I am not a racist (cars or people) and I'm sure Chevys are great, but I have had no reason to buy a Chevy yet, and hopefully I wont, call it brand loyalty. Oh yeah, and Ford finishing 1,2,3 at Michigan 2 weeks ago doesnt hurt much either...... :D And I knew this would be a Ford bashing sesh the second I posted it, it was a layup, who wouldnt slam a layup if given the oportunity ?? I'll tell you one thing, I havent seen any Fords being spamed on ***boat for a while now, but I have seen my fair share of GM products...... :idea: lick me chevy guys...... :D