PDA

View Full Version : VIN number on 79 Truck

dimarcobros
08-31-2004, 01:03 PM
I have had an 1979 Chevy truck for the last 10+ years. I want to register it in AZ but can not find the Vin number anywhere on the truck. My dad use to be a cop for 28 years and he couldn't find it either. Does any one know where I can find the "hidden" one? Or does any one know if I can make a new VIN plate and put it on the door.
Thanks in advance
DMB

lucky
08-31-2004, 01:27 PM
park the flocker with no plates in compton ... daa man will find em for ya :cool:

Lightning
08-31-2004, 01:43 PM
I have had an 1979 Chevy truck for the last 10+ years. I want to register it in AZ but can not find the Vin number anywhere on the truck. My dad use to be a cop for 28 years and he couldn't find it either. Does any one know where I can find the "hidden" one? Or does any one know if I can make a new VIN plate and put it on the door.
Thanks in advance
DMB
I thought they were in the door jamb somewhere. Is it registered anywhere else or has it been? maybe you can search by plate # or contact the old insurance agent.

572Daytona
08-31-2004, 02:07 PM
Check on the dashboard on the drivers side near the windshield, you read it from the outside of the vehicle looking thru the windshield.

dimarcobros
08-31-2004, 03:38 PM
There is nothing on the door jam or on the dash. The dash was replaced so I think that is why it is not on there. The truck is registered in CA right now and has been for the last 15 years or so. I thought there was some hidden numbers somewhere on the car like on the frame or something.
I think parking in Comptom is great idea.
DMB

PHX ATC
08-31-2004, 04:31 PM
Check in the glovebox. Sometimes they were in there.
Look under the seats in the springs of the seat...sometimes an old buildsheet or special order slip will be left in there from the factory and still be legible.
Far out chance, but check the sides of the tailgate. Prob'ly nothing there, but worth a look.

dimarcobros
09-01-2004, 03:04 PM
Thank you for all the input.
DMB

carreraelite
09-01-2004, 10:44 PM
Check the frame rail on the drivers side, just behind the front cross member, there should be one there.

dimarcobros
09-02-2004, 03:19 PM
Thanks, I knew there was one on the frame somewhere.
DMB