PDA

View Full Version : Toolbox Wanted

78Eliminator
08-31-2004, 01:18 PM
I have outgrown my tool box and need a larger one. I need a fairly large, two piece rollaway. My craftsman rollaway is just too small now. If you have something, please let me know. I will drive to pick up a good deal. Please e-mail me at justin8net@yahoo.com
Thanks.

ssmike
08-31-2004, 01:47 PM
make an offer.
http://a.im.craigslist.org/1X/LM/5Shmhew6x0hyqkrT90Mhppl6vHyM.jpg

Kindsvater Flat
08-31-2004, 05:08 PM
I have outgrown my tool box and need a larger one. I need a fairly large, two piece rollaway. My craftsman rollaway is just too small now. If you have something, please let me know. I will drive to pick up a good deal. Please e-mail me at justin8net@yahoo.com
Thanks.
Someday I may step up to a large Mac or Snap-on box but until then I just buy another rollaway from sears. I have 3 top and bottom tool boxes and 2 of those have side boxes. I would have to spend 8-12k on a BIG box to store all my tools and test equipment even then it would be tight.

78Eliminator
09-01-2004, 09:18 AM
KF, that's kind of what I was thinking. What a waste of money to spend all that cash on a big metal box. Bullshit, if you ask me. I think I am going to try to find a craftsman twin for my existing box. Thanks for the suggestion. Besides, nothing pisses me off more than the guy with all money, the shiny new tools and unlimited funds......

Jordy
09-01-2004, 09:22 AM
When I bought my big Mac box the guy kept trying to get me to get another one that was bigger, and bigger. Told him nope, right now, I've got the box pretty nicely populated. If I get one bigger, then I have empty spots and have to buy more tools to fill those spaces. Went with the Mac because it was half the price of the same box in Snap-On. Everything in the box is Snap-On though. :D :D :D
Oh, and they're shiny. Get wiped down and polished on a regular basis. :D

78Eliminator
09-01-2004, 09:23 AM
make an offer.
http://a.im.craigslist.org/1X/LM/5Shmhew6x0hyqkrT90Mhppl6vHyM.jpg
Hardy har har. :rollside:

Blown 472
09-01-2004, 09:29 AM
Didcha ask if they had any used ones? the guys that upgrade usually trade their old ones in.

78Eliminator
09-01-2004, 09:34 AM
When I bought my big Mac box the guy kept trying to get me to get another one that was bigger, and bigger. Told him nope, right now, I've got the box pretty nicely populated. If I get one bigger, then I have empty spots and have to buy more tools to fill those spaces. Went with the Mac because it was half the price of the same box in Snap-On. Everything in the box is Snap-On though. :D :D :D
Oh, and they're shiny. Get wiped down and polished on a regular basis. :D
Prick :D I have all craftsman hand tools with the exception of snap on crescent wrenches. I do have snap on testing gauges (oil press, fuel injection, leak down, vacuum and cooling system) and now a MT2500 scanner, taps & dyes. All my air tools are IR. Gear pullers are cheap ass chinese shit, same as my jacks and jack stands.
When I was growing up, every birthday and christmas, I asked for tools. By the time my parents kicked me out, errr, I mean by the time I moved out, I had a pretty good set. Every couple years, I take the set to sears, and make sure the young 19 year old mexican girl is working. Then I take all my old middle of the road tools, and trade them in on the "professional series". She doesn't know the difference. So I walk out with a a brand new set every few years. But you gotta scope it out, and make sure it's a very young woman working...... :D :D :D
A couple times I even went to harbor freight, bought shit ass tools, then drove right over to sears and traded them in. I know, I am going to hell.

Lightning
09-01-2004, 10:16 AM
At least your honest about being dishonest.

Blown 472
09-01-2004, 12:56 PM
A couple times I even went to harbor freight, bought shit ass tools, then drove right over to sears and traded them in. I know, I am going to hell.
I'll bring the beer.

superdave013
09-01-2004, 01:35 PM
A co worker bought one of those s.s. deals from costco awhile back. I ended up with the top half.
NICE FIPPEN TOOL BOX FOR THE MONEY!! All stainless with ball bearing slides.
I noticed that Westech has the same one in their dyno cell.
Last time I was at my local costco they had some other style that was not as nice. Might still have some left by you.

superdave013
09-01-2004, 01:37 PM
With that said if I had the money I'd love to have a nice snap on or mac king dulex.

78Eliminator
09-01-2004, 01:53 PM
With that said if I had the money I'd love to have a nice snap on or mac king dulex.
Well, if you have 15k to throw out the window, might as well buy a bunch of hookers and have a weekend orgy with them. I mean, you can have a big red toolbox to remember where your money went, or a bunch of big red spots all over your unit to remember......

superdave013
09-01-2004, 01:59 PM
was at a shop last night that had 3 HUGE black #3 Dale E. snap on boxes in a row. All loaded to the gills. Wonder what that cost?

Blown 472
09-01-2004, 02:00 PM
Well, if you have 15k to throw out the window, might as well buy a bunch of hookers and have a weekend orgy with them. I mean, you can have a big red toolbox to remember where your money went, or a bunch of big red spots all over your unit to remember......
At least you can wipe the spots off the tool box. :D

78Eliminator
09-01-2004, 02:35 PM
At least you can wipe the spots off the tool box. :D
The gift that keeps on giving.

Froggystyle
09-01-2004, 04:02 PM
I'm with SuperDave. I went looking at the Hammerhead stainless boxes that Costco had, as I was buying three sets of tools for the shop and unfortunately they stopped carrying them. I know why too. It was WAY too good of a deal. $700 on a kick ass, roller bearing big top and rollaway.
I called Hammerhead, and they want $2200 retail for them. Probably still worth it.
In any case, they have a new version that I don't know if I like yet or not, but it is down to $650 for the set, and they were all roller bearing etc...
If you do go to Costco, let me know. I have the corporate card and anything that goes over $700 I get another 2% back on right then. So, you can save $15 if you go with me. (big whoop, right?)

Jordy
09-01-2004, 04:03 PM
I have some friends who sold (without telling me) one of the big super deluxe Snap-On top and bottom, like 8' wide, 4' deep and you need a ladder to get to the top kind of box. This monster had a built in stereo. I think the only thing missing was the keg-erator. Sold it for like $2,000. I almost cried. :eek:

396_Z
09-01-2004, 05:04 PM
I'm saving up my extra coin for one of those hammerhead sets. You can find them on ebay for under $1k and with me using mine everyday at work I like the durability aspect of the T-304.
Besides, aren't they just purdy?

Just Tool'n
09-01-2004, 09:05 PM
I need to go repo some tool boxes in the month of sept.
Just got the opening delquency numbers for the month of Aug.
All I know is people better start paying, or they will be working out there brand new tool box I am going to bring them- A CARD BOARD BOX!

Fiat48
09-01-2004, 09:29 PM
Thanks.
Better save your money. With the Fiat gone I'll be selling most of the machine shop equipment to you so you can be a famous engine builder and you will need the money to pay for the equipment. :2purples:
Feeling better now...... :)

chriscraftstinger222
09-01-2004, 09:58 PM
I picked up one of the older larger stainless Costco boxes after pricing them everywhere else. Most other places wanted $700 for just the top or bottom and were some abnoxious color. The Costco stainless one has worked flawlessly for me since purchasing it at the begining of this year. Look into it if you can 'cause its a smoken deal. As others stated, they have a different model currently that's a bit smaller with an angled front. Still think it is made just as well with stainless finish and roller bearings on the drawers. Definitey a deal and it looks bad ass!

wsuwrhr
09-01-2004, 10:24 PM
I need to go repo some tool boxes in the month of sept.
Just got the opening delquency numbers for the month of Aug.
All I know is people better start paying, or they will be working out there brand new tool box I am going to bring them- A CARD BOARD BOX!
I may be in the market for another box. Let me know if you are serious.
If anyone else has a nice box to sell send me a PM.
Thanks
Brian

78Eliminator
09-02-2004, 09:52 AM
Better save your money. With the Fiat gone I'll be selling most of the machine shop equipment to you so you can be a famous engine builder and you will need the money to pay for the equipment. :2purples:
Feeling better now...... :)
Money, hell, I would sell my soul for the machines you have...... ;)

tahitijet
09-02-2004, 09:03 PM
i bought mine at sams club about a year ago.. i think it's made by homak or something like that... Its not the best in the world but it's very big cost around 6-700 bux has rollers on the drawers and locks on everything (even a key pad lock on the top) lots of drawers and cabinets.
It's not the best or biggest but I own and operate a full time suspension and fabrication shop and it holds all of my tools very comfortably rolls around the shop without much effort and for the price i don't think you can beat it.. You just need 2 guys and a cherry picker to move the top and bottom halfs when loaded.