PDA

View Full Version : Whipple on a Truck questions

sigepmock
08-31-2004, 03:50 PM
Not sure if you guys can help me but...... I've had a Whipple SC on my truck almost a year now and have had very few problems, except for a bad oil seal/bearing, and Whipple replaced the entire compressor under warranty. I am extremely happy with the SC but I think with the addition of Headers, exhaust , K&N FipKit, and a smaller pulley I may be near the limits of the default programing that came with the Whipple. I am getting "flat spots" or slight hesitations when towing/under heavy load. It's hard to explain, kinda like the computer is trying to make up it's mind.
How do I know if I am pushing the limits of the stock Whipple tuning? What can I do to fix it?
I am running a 2003 GM2500HD w/6.0L auto 4x4. I am at 5-6lbs of boost average with a peak to 7lbs at the 2 to 3rd shift. I also have the Whipple hand held programmer.
Do I need to increase the size of the aux fuel injectors? Get a custom program?
When I changed the pulley I checked the fuel pressure and didn't see any drops.
Thanks,
Chris "still learning" Mock

Whipple Charged
08-31-2004, 03:57 PM
Give us a call. We have a new calibration for the flash programmer and Whipple ECM. The flat spots are typically related to the torque converter locking up during the middle of the rpm range. You can send us your programmer and we can get it updated, same for the Whipple ECM. Call and ask for Jeff or Kyle, they can help get this process started.
Thanks,
Dustin

sigepmock
08-31-2004, 04:06 PM
Thanks Dustin,
Everyone at Whipple so far is making a customer for life out me :smile: Now if I can only talk the wife into letting put one on the new Ultra. We'll see.
Thanks again Dustin,
Chris

sigepmock
09-02-2004, 08:07 AM
Dustin,
I talked with Jeff and discussed a couple of options that he said he would need to clear with you first. I sent you a PM with more details. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris Mock