PDA

View Full Version : Gear install in SoCal

sigepmock
08-31-2004, 04:30 PM
Alright I need to get the truck re-geared before Glamis season. Anybody know a trustworthy installer in SoCal? I live in Rancho Cucamonga but I am willing to travel a little to get the job done right. I need 4.56's front and rear and I would like to explore the possibility of upgrading to a selectable locker for the rear to replace the unpredictable GM Gov-lok that's in there.
Thanks,
Chris

MACH26
08-31-2004, 06:11 PM
Chris,
Call Casey at SoCal Supertrucks 909-383-5454 in San Bernardino. Tell him Javier sent you, he's done several of my freind's trucks.
Javier

Jrocket
09-01-2004, 08:16 AM
Give Jim a call,hes close to ya and he does great work.Ive had 4 or 5 gear set ups done from him.
www.performancedif.com

sigepmock
09-02-2004, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the contact info guys. I'll give them a call.
Chris

MATTRSMAN
09-07-2004, 12:47 PM
If those guys dont pan out call Jay at PDC Motorsports in Brea 714 - 671 -9752. He did the gears in my Excursion and he has done all the lifts and lowers for me over the last several years. He specializes on Diffs.
Good Luck

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
09-11-2004, 10:40 AM
www.performancedif.com He has done a few of my trucks. Real good work.He has a bad azz old ford truck he takes to asusa canyon.

SoCalHD
09-14-2004, 02:45 PM
SoCal Supertrucks told me that they use Diff Works in Riverside for all their gearing. (909) 549-6780. That is who I'll be using to put the 4.56's in my HD :-)

sigepmock
09-16-2004, 06:35 AM
Thanks for the help guys. I called them and they're all about the same cost but performancediff is just down the hill from me, so I think it's gonna go to him as soon as I get the truck back from Whipple.
Chris(socalhd),
I got your e-mail sorry I haven't written back just got back in town last night. I shoot you an e-mail as soon as I get a chance.

Excessive Force
09-20-2004, 06:20 AM
I was just going to tell you to try out perfdiff. thats where i had mine done. He is icoo peeps. good price tooo!

Raskal
09-22-2004, 09:41 PM
did you do your gears yet .how dose the super charger work an do you think the gears are going to help alot .

sigepmock
09-23-2004, 07:53 AM
Haven't done the gears yet. Just got the truck back from Whipple, they used it as a test bed for some upgrades on their 03 kit. In return for leaving my truck there, Fresno, for week they did all the upgrades for free. The truck absolutely kicks ass now!!!! It was good before with the supercharger but with the new ECM upgrades it's dialed in. It feels like it's electric, give it gas and it goes no matter what speed. To give a little perspective when I got the lift and 35 inch tires it would no longer break the tires loose from a dead stop.....now it does.....I can't wait to get the gears done and see how she runs. Also I came over the grape vine yesterday (5 FWY) doing about 75-80mph and the truck only down shifted once out of overdrive, tons of torque.
Everyone at Whipple was great. Dustin really has a great operation going up there.
Chris