PDA

View Full Version : i like it in the sandbar...

summerlove
08-31-2004, 09:54 PM
anyone else?????

Rexone
08-31-2004, 10:02 PM
me too. How's it feel to be in the minority?
Oh wait, I'm caucasian, in the minority already in so cal. :D

Tom Brown
08-31-2004, 10:58 PM
I like it anywhere I can get it.

Huckleberry
09-01-2004, 04:40 AM
I like it here much better. I come to this site to get away from all the BS the media hypes up. This way, if I want to vent or keep up on politics, I know where to go and don't have to sort through the non-political threads to do it.

OGShocker
09-01-2004, 05:42 AM
SL, I hate to agree with you (EVER) so, I won't. I do argee with Rexone 100% on this... :D

Kachina26
09-01-2004, 06:00 AM
I don't care where it is, I have my views, SL ain't gonna change 'em, OG ain't gonna make me feel stonger about them. So any discussion is mental masturbation. So I don't usually read them. If I do, everything has been said in the first page, so I definately don't keep up with them. Just like people you don't wanna hear from, I skip it. So have it where ya want it, it doesn't matter to me. :coffeycup

Essex502
09-01-2004, 06:15 AM
Sandbox...oops...Sandbar, for sure...here it's lost to those that need to be informed.
It is a form of censorship by putting the commentary behind "another door". Folks won't necessarily look for posts in a place that is different than where they hang out. If the peeps don't want to read the Political threads then the can skip them. By putting the threads into their own section, by default fewer peeps will be exposed to 'em.
Why don't we have a "jokes and stupid threads" section as well?
Also...what qualifies as "political rhetoric"? Seems pretty murky to me.

HM
09-01-2004, 06:33 AM
I thought SL was making a sexual refference. :)

Dave C
09-01-2004, 07:42 AM
no way the sand would get everywhere and hurt. :2purples:
I thought SL was making a sexual refference. :)

Scream
09-01-2004, 08:02 AM
SL, I hate to agree with you (EVER) so, I won't. I do argee with Rexone 100% on this... :D
Hilarious! This is what makes this forum live and breath my fellow Americans.

eliminatedsprinter
09-01-2004, 08:02 AM
I'll agree or disagree with anyone on this. I like these threads. I like reading peoples views. I don't care if they are here or on the Sandbar.

OGShocker
09-01-2004, 08:36 AM
I actually like this idea before I voted against it!

Ducatista
09-01-2004, 12:48 PM
anyone else?????
Well I'm usually to the right of you on stuff, but I agree with you on this one 100%. It's only been busy on the political threads lately because of one of the most important elections in years, no matter what side you might be on. It will calm down in a couple of months.
It's kinda a shame, because there are alot of peeps that know little of our system/govt, and the exposure in the sandbar was higher. They probably won't come down here, as well as alot of other folks that might benefit from the reading or have something to say. It could be monopolized by the same individuals as time goes by, loosing some of its substance. I guess we'll see how it works out...
It really bothers me to see so many people not give a rats-ass about our government or politics, to the point they don't even want to see the threads in the sandbar, which they don't have to read. I have a BA in political science, so I guess I must be biased or something. But geez people, we got terrorists attacking us, our armed forces in Iraq getin killed, an economy thats hurtin', and some people don't want to talk about it, or see it. It makes me sad. :frown:

eliminatedsprinter
09-01-2004, 01:52 PM
Good points.
It bothers me as well. Many people don't even know how politics effects thier hobbies. One of the things that first woke me out of my somewhat leftist way of thinking, years ago, was that whenever I wanted to do something fun, I always had to swim through a bunch of goofy regs and it seemed like every hobby was in danger of being banned or overregulated by the same people (Democrat politicians).
I think we should keep most of our political talk here, but sometimes we should post some things (like the Dems relationship with the Bluewater and Earth liberation front people) just to let our friends know how these things can impact our hobby. :cool:

MagicMtnDan
09-01-2004, 04:30 PM
Sandbox...oops...Sandbar, for sure...here it's lost to those that need to be informed.
It is a form of censorship by putting the commentary behind "another door". Folks won't necessarily look for posts in a place that is different than where they hang out. If the peeps don't want to read the Political threads then the can skip them. By putting the threads into their own section, by default fewer peeps will be exposed to 'em.
Why don't we have a "jokes and stupid threads" section as well?
Also...what qualifies as "political rhetoric"? Seems pretty murky to me.
Well said guys :cool:
How many of "them" even bother to vote? :confused:

Dr. Eagle
09-01-2004, 07:36 PM
I like it right friggin here...... :lightsabe :messedup:

Debbolas
09-01-2004, 07:36 PM
That is the worst, when they complain, but won't vote! :cry:
I like the Political Rhetoric here :)

***boat
09-01-2004, 08:04 PM
"Why don't we have a "jokes and stupid threads" section as well?"
Well that's simple. It doesn't sound as cool as "Political Rhetoric".

OGShocker
09-01-2004, 08:09 PM
"Political Rhetoric".
Entry: Rhetoric
Function: noun
Definition: wordiness
Synonyms: address, balderdash, big talk, bombast, composition, discourse, elocution, eloquence, flowery language, fustian, grandiloquence, hot air, hyperbole, long speech, magniloquence, oration, oratory, pomposity, rant, tall talk, verbosity
OK, I'll give you this one ;)

Blown 472
09-01-2004, 08:23 PM
That is the worst, when they complain, but won't vote! :cry:
I like the Political Rhetoric here :)
I vote, just not for the corp whores.

Dr. Eagle
09-01-2004, 08:32 PM
I vote, just not for the corp whores.
So you vote for the Labor Union Whores...

Blown 472
09-01-2004, 08:45 PM
AH no. Not my cup of tea.

OGShocker
09-01-2004, 08:49 PM
NO, the Bush is President and I refuse to work below my station whores.. I think.