PDA

View Full Version : Political Threads Relegated to Purgatory

Essex502
09-01-2004, 06:26 AM
Political threads now have there own "section"...what about policing the rest of the Sandbox....errr....Sandbar...
For example:
All ***SPAM*** threads to a Spam Section.
Posts about vehicles such as the current one on Excursions...to the Tow Rig Section.
Topock to the Channel should be in Hot Spots, West.
All joke threads to a Humor Section.
And on and on and on....
Political discourse belongs in the mainstream - not hidden where few are likely to see it.

MagicMtnDan
09-01-2004, 06:41 AM
Political threads now have there own "section"...what about policing the rest of the Sandbox....errr....Sandbar...
For example:
All ***SPAM*** threads to a Spam Section.
Posts about vehicles such as the current one on Excursions...to the Tow Rig Section.
Topock to the Channel should be in Hot Spots, West.
All joke threads to a Humor Section.
And on and on and on....
Political discourse belongs in the mainstream - not hidden where few are likely to see it.
Bring back the politics! It's a political year and the election is November 2nd. Once that's here and gone the politics will be slim to none.
We need political discourse here (yes, we NEED it). :rollside:

OGShocker
09-01-2004, 06:47 AM
Bring back the politics! It's a political year and the election is November 2nd. Once that's here and gone the politics will be slim to none.
We need political discourse here (yes, we NEED it). :rollside:
If we keep putting poli threads in the sandbar, HB will have to move them to the PRF. This will assure him a good evaluation from Larry Flynt. :hammer2:

mirvin
09-01-2004, 08:45 AM
Did you guys notice that the selection of threads moved seems to be a judjement call made by someone who obviously doens't know his ass from, well, his ass?
There's still political threads up in the sandbar right now!! Why have they not been moved to the new forum???
***boat PUSSY'S. I think I'll make this my new signature.
If I get enough people to vote for a bayliners section does that make it right??
mirvin

Froggystyle
09-01-2004, 09:11 AM
Did you guys notice that the selection of threads moved seems to be a judjement call made by someone who obviously doens't know his ass from, well, his ass?
There's still political threads up in the sandbar right now!! Why have they not been moved to the new forum???
Did it ever occur to you that the admin may not be on here 24/7? I don't think the mods are jumping on this one just yet either...
***boat PUSSY'S. I think I'll make this my new signature.
If I get enough people to vote for a bayliners section does that make it right??
mirvin
In a democratic society, yes. Will of the people and all. Your complaints sound like a lot of the stuff that came out of Florida four years ago. The count was made, dems lost and complained. Look at the poll for the poli forum man. The populous spoke, the new forum was made.

Scream
09-01-2004, 09:19 AM
Did it ever occur to you that the admin may not be on here 24/7? I don't think the mods are jumping on this one just yet either...
In a democratic society, yes. Will of the people and all. Your complaints sound like a lot of the stuff that came out of Florida four years ago. The count was made, dems lost and complained. Look at the poll for the poli forum man. The populous spoke, the new forum was made.
Don't forget it's only temporary, until after the election, then all the left/right infighting can occur right here at the sandbar again. Until then, My drink of the week is martoonies...
Scream

mirvin
09-01-2004, 09:23 AM
It was just a poll. I don't remember anyone notifying the populus that it was an "election" and the results would be binding. Hell, I'm not even sure I voted.
I guess polls, by their nature being political, will be banned from the sandbar too??
mirvin

Froggystyle
09-01-2004, 09:58 AM
It was just a poll. I don't remember anyone notifying the populus that it was an "election" and the results would be binding. Hell, I'm not even sure I voted.
I guess polls, by their nature being political, will be banned from the sandbar too??
mirvin
hehe.... You should post a poll about it.

mirvin
09-01-2004, 10:12 AM
hehe.... You should post a poll about it.
Maybe. I was gonna start posting a whole slew of stoopid threads but I don't want to seem to "cwazy" about this thing:D It's not that important....or is it?
mirvin

OGShocker
09-01-2004, 10:20 AM
PW's beware!!!!! The PRF does NOT add to post count! Just one more way the man (in this case HB) is keeping us down! ;)

mirvin
09-01-2004, 10:23 AM
Shouldn't the song chain have its own forum too??
Oh yeah, OG, EVERY POST YOU MAKE CONTAINS POLITICAL RHETORIC SO I THINK YOU SHOULD BE LIMITED TO THE POLITICAL RHETORIC FORUM UNTIL YOU BOW DOWN AND REMOVE ALL POLITICAL RHETORIC FROM YOUR SIGNATURE AND AVATAR.
mirvin :wink: