PDA

View Full Version : Twin Turbo Exhaust Manifold Question

probablecause
09-01-2004, 08:56 AM
Anybody know of any company that makes the water injected exhaust manifolds for the Banks Twin Turbo? I called them and they had no idea.
My motor (BBC) is enclosed so the need to be water cooled. I see them every now and then on eBay but would like to know if there is a company that will modify a set of boat headers to accomplish the task.
Thanks
Brendan :clover:

v hull newb
09-02-2004, 10:18 AM
i would give it a shot i had a shop for a while and have made twin turbo kits for mustangs before and turbo kits for bikes

flat broke
09-02-2004, 10:40 AM
Do you mean water injected, or water jacketed? There is a big difference, and I think you may be confusing the two. As far as jacketed manifolds/headers that work with turbos, Superdave has done a great job with some CMI split tops going into a fabricated adapter that mounts the turbo, and of course you can always get the Gentry manifolds from Carson Brummet in Pasadena, or if you have the old banks system, run a set of logs with the riser built for the turbos. You could try Glenwood in Gardena for those, or once again call Carson Brummet or GT Performance in Montclair.
Good luck,
Chris

superdave013
09-02-2004, 10:46 AM
Barry has a complete water jacketed turbo system. A good one too. Not a 25 year old banks deal.
He also has a comlete turboed engine.
check it out (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41940)

obnoxious001
09-02-2004, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the plug Dave!

superdave013
09-02-2004, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the plug Dave!
If I had the cash it would be mine already!