PDA

View Full Version : Katie Couric (sp?) Kicked ass!!!

Froggystyle
09-01-2004, 09:26 AM
During a "Today Show" segment this morning (Thanks for the correction OG...) , Michael Moore was interviewed by Katie. I expected a milquetoast bs interview with how mean everyone was to Michael from the ramp up to it, and on live TV Katie handed him his ass. He started off with an attack based on falacy of McCain's comment, she corrected him and chastised him for his portrayal of Iraq as an oasis of peace, then just proceeded to make him look like an idiot, proving that he is in the "anyone but Bush" camp and not even a Kerry supporter.
I thought it was great. He looked stupid. He tried having Katie defend him with a comment like "Well, you know me and you don't think I am a jerk, right?"
She replied "I don't know you Mr. Moore, I have interviewed you..." He tried saying "But we talked between breaks, and...." she just slammed the door in his face, politely. He invited her to come to the convention with him tonight and before he was finshed she basically gave him the "Ah HELL no..." He asked why, and get this...
She told him she had to rearrange her sock drawer!!!!
Katie gets two thumbs up from me...
I need to figure out a way to write her an e-mail thanking her for the interview. It probably took a lot of guts.

Flying Tiger
09-01-2004, 09:36 AM
I've always thought she was the best, toughest interviewer of all time.

v-drive
09-01-2004, 09:42 AM
Democratic or Republican That's the way to handle that guy. I wish I would have been watching that. You go Katie. :D v-drive

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-01-2004, 09:44 AM
I saw it also. Pretty funny and I think she did a good job

OGShocker
09-01-2004, 09:57 AM
During a Good Morning America segment this morning, Michael Moore was interviewed by Katie. I expected a milquetoast bs interview with how mean everyone was to Michael from the ramp up to it, and on live TV Katie handed him his ass. He started off with an attack based on falacy of McCain's comment, she corrected him and chastised him for his portrayal of Iraq as an oasis of peace, then just proceeded to make him look like an idiot, proving that he is in the "anyone but Bush" camp and not even a Kerry supporter.
I thought it was great. He looked stupid. He tried having Katie defend him with a comment like "Well, you know me and you don't think I am a jerk, right?"
She replied "I don't know you Mr. Moore, I have interviewed you..." He tried saying "But we talked between breaks, and...." she just slammed the door in his face, politely. He invited her to come to the convention with him tonight and before he was finshed she basically gave him the "Ah HELL no..." He asked why, and get this...
She told him she had to rearrange her sock drawer!!!!
Katie gets two thumbs up from me...
I need to figure out a way to write her an e-mail thanking her for the interview. It probably took a lot of guts.
She must have "kicked ass" to go from NBC to ABC to do so took balls! :D Me thinks you mean The Today Show. :messedup:
Nice post though Wes. ;)

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-01-2004, 10:01 AM
She must have "kicked ass" to go from NBC to ABC to do so took balls! :D Me thinks you mean The Today Show. :messedup:
Nice post though Wes. ;)
Yes, you are correct...I didn't even pick up on that

Froggystyle
09-01-2004, 10:02 AM
Nice post though Wes. ;)
Mea Culpa.
I don't know what my wife turns on. I guess you are right. I thought that it was GMA, but it was the Today show.
In any case, good for her. Thanks for the correction.
That would explain why I can't e-mail Katie at Good Morning America...

OGShocker
09-01-2004, 10:05 AM
That would explain why I can't e-mail Katie at Good Morning America...
Now that right there is funny! I can see the host of GMA now. "WTF"! "am I losing my job"???

carbonmarine
09-01-2004, 10:13 AM
Strong take Froggy.
Let me shoot this out though: Katie is NOTED for being more than a lil left leaning... So. The secret's outta the bag, Mr Moore is a whacko on The Lunatic Fringe and diminishing Kerry :messedup: Chances... So. Of course the left now wants to get away from Moore, hes served his purpose.. Katies a good Vehicle. Lauer's a good Vehicle, you saw his contextual slaugher on teh headline on Monday about " cant win it " ... Shucks' , and Rouker would just sit there eating burgers with Moore, so that not a good vehicle....
Rick32

09-01-2004, 10:15 AM
That surprises me, I thought Katie was a lib and defended all other libs to the death. That is the main reason I don't waste my time watching GMA or The Today Show because of the bias in favor of the Demos and libs. Maybe I should watch that little twit more often, I might be pleasantly surprised.

OGShocker
09-01-2004, 10:23 AM
Strong take Froggy.
Let me shoot this out though: Katie is NOTED for being more than a lil left leaning... So. The secret's outta the bag, Mr Moore is a whacko on The Lunatic Fringe and diminishing Kerry :messedup: Chances... So. Of course the left now wants to get away from Moore, hes served his purpose.. Katies a good Vehicle. Lauer's a good Vehicle, you saw his contextual slaugher on teh headline on Monday about " cant win it " ... Shucks' , and Rouker would just sit there eating burgers with Moore, so that not a good vehicle....
Rick32
Ala Ralph Nader!
Fox and Friends is funny as S**T! If y'all can get up at 4AM.

carbonmarine
09-01-2004, 10:32 AM
Fox and friends sucks...... Not to take away from the story here , but in the morning getting dressed , getting up, etc.... Its always channel 11 ...
Stevo and all his ever rotating young babes of babehood are always a pleasure ... Its better than irishmist and or coast soap as an eye opener...
Rick32 :D

Froggystyle
09-01-2004, 10:51 AM
Strong take Froggy.
Rick32
I get it, but the old quote about "My enemies enemy..." and all that.
I could care less who bags on Moore. I just want to see that shitbag bagged on.
Like I said, knowing Couric and the morning shows in general... I figured we were going to be in for a touchy feely session. I was damn near cheering her as she went for the throat.
I love that Kerry is denouncing Moore. Moore is essentially denouncing Kerry. The fact that the Dems are denouncing Moore gives me faith in the party as a whole in fact. I hate how polarized America is right now. The fact that the party he is supporting is down on him is great. He is a wacko, and he deserves denouncing.
In any case... Good on ya Katie!

Dave C
09-01-2004, 10:51 AM
Katie's response doesn't surprise me.
Katie, along with other liberal media elites, consider themselves serious journalists. Their Bush bashing must be done their way in a serious and professional manner.
Michael Moore's side show nonsense trivializes what they are doing and therefore they resent him. His nonsense cheapens some of their own arguments.
There was a great op-ed in the Washington Times about this.

Kilrtoy
09-01-2004, 11:22 AM
I don't know what my wife turns on.
Well lets start with most people on hot boat and I am one of them.....
Also KC is smoking hot.....

eliminatedsprinter
09-01-2004, 11:58 AM
I get it, but the old quote about "My enemies enemy..." and all that.
I could care less who bags on Moore. I just want to see that shitbag bagged on.
Like I said, knowing Couric and the morning shows in general... I figured we were going to be in for a touchy feely session. I was damn near cheering her as she went for the throat.
I love that Kerry is denouncing Moore. Moore is essentially denouncing Kerry. The fact that the Dems are denouncing Moore gives me faith in the party as a whole in fact. I hate how polarized America is right now. The fact that the party he is supporting is down on him is great. He is a wacko, and he deserves denouncing.
In any case... Good on ya Katie!
There are some Dems who are still trying to display some credibility and some degree of thoughtfulness (Like Summerlove here). They are however, dinosaurs (SL's a big T-Rex no doubt) :wink: and they are rapidly becoming more and more scarce as the loony fringe of the U.S. takes them over. I mean, could you imagine the Democratic party of Tip ONeal or JFK ever choosing a far left nut like Nancy Pelosi as it's house leader. No way.

MagicMtnDan
09-01-2004, 12:05 PM
Dammit! :frown: I purposefully turned to another channel as soon as I saw Katie's interview with Michael Moore! I know Katie tries to be a journalist but her liberal tendencies ALWAYS show through so I'm more than a little surprised to hear how she handled that anti-American, Moore.
Forgive me Katie, I assumed you'd do your standard kissing up to the lefties routine that I've seen from you many times previously!

Ducatista
09-01-2004, 12:18 PM
Dammit! :frown: I purposefully turned to another channel as soon as I saw Katie's interview with Michael Moore! I know Katie tries to be a journalist but her liberal tendencies ALWAYS show through so I'm more than a little surprised to hear how she handled that anti-American, Moore.
Forgive me Katie, I assumed you'd do your standard kissing up to the lefties routine that I've seen from you many times previously!
I agree, I'm sorry I missed that interview, I'm going to look for it, or a replay.
I think carbonmarine has a good thought, it might be the dems way of trying to distance themselves from that fat lying bastard. :mad:

Dr. Eagle
09-01-2004, 12:19 PM
DITTO! She has always seemed a mouthpiece for the left in the past...

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-01-2004, 12:30 PM
Well lets start with most people on hot boat and I am one of them.....
Also KC is smoking hot.....
I really like those legs of hers :)

Dave C
09-01-2004, 12:30 PM
no kidding... I thought about softballs too.

Rexone
09-01-2004, 03:09 PM
Sorry I missed this one. Usually she just throws softballs and offers sugar cookies to her leftest guests.

Misogynist
09-01-2004, 03:18 PM
I remember Katy Couric and Tom Brokaw were going to fly out here to Los Angeles to interview OJ Simpson.... Simpson begged off... but the interview was touted as Tom Brokaw and Katy Couric ganging up on OJ and playing "Good cop" / "Perky cop"................. :hammer2: