PDA

View Full Version : Need good boat repair shop near Temecula

bohica
09-01-2004, 10:18 AM
I've got a friend that need some work done to his drive - Bravo 3. Anyone know of a good repair shop in the Temecula area?

Mrs. casean
09-01-2004, 11:16 AM
I've got a friend that need some work done to his drive - Bravo 3. Anyone know of a good repair shop in the Temecula area?
Not sure about good, but did notice Inland Marine there near old town that does repairs... I don't know anything about them but that they do repairs.

Captain Dan
09-01-2004, 12:06 PM
If Inland Marine was "Land and Sea" Marine and the same guy is running it, stay away!
The guy that runs that place is a useless fuktard.
I tow my boat from Murrieta up to Norco for service - not much going on around here.

throwerb
09-01-2004, 02:48 PM
How about GS marine in Corona, worth the drive.

Extreme Liquid
09-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Temecula Marine Center in old town. Ive used them a number of times. they have a master mechanic certified from Mercury. Not to be confused with Inland.

shadow
09-01-2004, 03:19 PM
If Inland Marine was "Land and Sea" Marine and the same guy is running it, stay away!
The guy that runs that place is a useless fuktard.
I tow my boat from Murrieta up to Norco for service - not much going on around here.
AGREED! the guy is a pile of shit and i wouldn,t piss on him if he was on fire!
not to mention the c u n t at the counter his wife! :mad: bought some stuff from him with "killer gaurantees and "turns out the shit was f u c ked up from day one.contactacted the manufacture to see if they would stand behind and they did cause they said they won't deal with this dickwad either.haven,t for years and never will.they were sorry to hear he even assoicated their name and product with his shop.he must of had old parts in stock from them when i came along.

Captain Dan
09-01-2004, 03:48 PM
Temecula Marine Center in old town. Ive used them a number of times. they have a master mechanic certified from Mercury. Not to be confused with Inland.
I don't know the name of the business, but the guy certified by Mercury is the problem child- he was in Murrieta, (2 different locations), and then he moved to Temecula. Prior to all of that he was from the midwest somewhere -seemingly a nice guy, and I believe he may be a good mechanic, but he hires useless people, doesn't supervise them, doesn't inspect their work, doesn't answer the phone, and is a crappy businessman.
He promised he would keep my boat indoors during the 4th of July holiday a few years back, and did not. My stereo was stolen, and he tried to return the boat to me without saying anything. He thinks he made it right by replacing it with a Kraco job from K-mart!
He also claims he had a truck stolen that night, but there was no police report. It took him 3 tries to get a trim pump replaced so it actually worked, and when he had one of his flunkies do my impeller, they only tightened the outdrive bolts finger tight, (all 4). The guy is total bad news - stear clear at all costs.

BoatFloating
09-01-2004, 05:18 PM
I've used Mike at Temecula Marine center and he's done great by me with my boat. So far he's done right by me and the other people that I know that used him. Trust me there is horror stories with all boat places. I'm waiting to tell mine if things are not taken care of at another marine repair shop. I think you can connect the dots of who I'm talking about.

voodoomedman
09-01-2004, 05:24 PM
try out Ultra's new shop in Corona. Quality Performance Marine in Corona is also supposed to be pretty good.

Captain Dan
09-01-2004, 05:52 PM
As I mentioned earlier, I tow my boat to Norco, to Tom Papp Racing, the service side of Inland Ultra - they did me right. They were supposed to relocate to Corona this week.

shadow
09-02-2004, 05:55 AM
I've used Mike at Temecula Marine center and he's done great by me with my boat. So far he's done right by me and the other people that I know that used him. Trust me there is horror stories with all boat places. I'm waiting to tell mine if things are not taken care of at another marine repair shop. I think you can connect the dots of who I'm talking about.
True!I know alot of people have horror stories with diffferent shops at one time or another.(Then they got to give neg reputation points). hope you don,t wind up having any with your new ride. good luck!

Captain Dan
09-02-2004, 07:30 AM
You and Shadow are right - there are always bad things mixed in with the good - I've only had bad at that location - if you have had good - go for it. Maybe things have changed. I suppose we need to be fair about it.
Now on the other hand, if you want to talk about poor Motorcycle shop performance, it wouldn't be hard to trash Temecula Motorpsports...........

casean
09-02-2004, 07:57 AM
When I was calling around getting pricing on service, I found that Temecula Marine Center was highly over priced. I can not attest to the quality of their service though.
I ended up towing the boat up to Prime Marine in Rancho Cucamonga. It was well worth the drive for the service we received.

Evo22
09-02-2004, 10:11 AM
tom papp is a stand up guy and knows his shit I have alot of "river" friends that have 22' built by him cool guy....hey rocky who ya talkin(shit) about??

BoatFloating
09-02-2004, 10:24 AM
tom papp is a stand up guy and knows his shit I have alot of "river" friends that have 22' built by him cool guy....hey rocky who ya talkin(shit) about??
I just say this when you get a estimate on hours for the job and they go over that by 2 1/2 times you get a little pissed. It's not Carrera.....

skygod73
09-02-2004, 02:46 PM
That's a big negative on Temecula Marine and mouthy Mike, from personal experience.