PDA

View Full Version : Water Presser

supersoaker509
04-10-2006, 02:29 PM
I'm looking for a water pressure gauge with the fitting on the bottom of the gauge to screw in the intake. Where can I find them with a process temp. of 250deg and 0-30lbs.

jbone
04-10-2006, 02:31 PM
Did my watery oil scare you?

Riverat84
04-10-2006, 03:39 PM
Did my watery oil scare you?
it scared me...!

Wet Dream
04-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Super, I'm using an in dash block pressure gauge. I'm not sure what your gauges are like, but mine are the white/white Teleflex. I tapped mine into the side port where the drain cocks are, and run soft line to the dash. The most I've ever seen is 4 pounds.

supersoaker509
04-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Super, I'm using an in dash block pressure gauge. I'm not sure what your gauges are like, but mine are the white/white Teleflex. I tapped mine into the side port where the drain cocks are, and run soft line to the dash. The most I've ever seen is 4 pounds.
I've never checked or had a problem with my jets. When I put one on my Scarab I/O the pressure pegged the 30lb gauge. Now I want to know what the pressure is on my jet. It will be a temporary set up.
Dream, that is the same setup I had in the Scarab, worked good.

squirt
04-10-2006, 10:49 PM
I picked up this oil filled gauge from Graingers for under $10.00 and made a plate to cover the thermostat housing but it could fit anywhere on the manifold just adapt the 1/8"NPT to the size hole in the manifold
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3664gauge2-med.JPG
Don

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-10-2006, 10:55 PM
I picked up this oil filled gauge from Graingers for under $10.00 and made a plate to cover the thermostat housing but it could fit anywhere on the manifold just adapt the 1/8"NPT to the size hole in the manifold
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3664gauge2-med.JPG
Don
Whats the part number? I have also noticed that you have to have an account to buy from them! Whats up with that?

Taylorman
04-11-2006, 06:21 AM
Whats the part number? I have also noticed that you have to have an account to buy from them! Whats up with that?
They only sell business to business. Find out the name of a business that has an account and use their name but pay cash. That is if you walk in to a grainger store. I have an account with them if you need to buy something from them. Those gauges should be easy to find anywhere though. Its just a liquid filled pressure gauge with a 1/8 NPT fitting on the bottom. You can buy them from Fastenal also.

FASTRAT
04-11-2006, 10:52 AM
i'm confused here!...whats the reasoning behind the water pressure gage?...i would think water temp in the heads would be of more concern?...i run temp probes in each head & control the heat (how hot they get) by adjusting the water flow from the pump!...usually around 150*
fastrat

supersoaker509
04-11-2006, 05:55 PM
i'm confused here!...whats the reasoning behind the water pressure gage?...i would think water temp in the heads would be of more concern?...i run temp probes in each head & control the heat (how hot they get) by adjusting the water flow from the pump!...usually around 150*
fastrat
On my last boat I blew 2 intake gaskets lucky it was at the water crossover, and it had over 30lbs of water pressure. I put a pressure relief valve on - no more problems.