PDA

View Full Version : Prosecutors Drop Sex Case Against Bryant

NorCal Gameshow
09-01-2004, 09:46 PM
just seen this on yahoo news
link to yahoo news (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040902/ap_on_sp_bk_ne/bkn_bryant_case&cid=2213&ncid=716)

dmontzsta
09-01-2004, 09:47 PM
yup, it is awesome.

HCS
09-01-2004, 09:51 PM
Come on people.....she was paid off.
Ahhh..............who cares anyway. It's all about money.
Details will follow. Opra, Jerry, Dave, Jay, Esquire, Sun, and what ever else.
She'll make her money.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
:rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
09-01-2004, 10:34 PM
if you and your family were receiving death threats like they were you might might want to duck and hide too. She was a double victimin this case....

KACHINA KEN
09-02-2004, 12:14 AM
if you and your family were receiving death threats like they were you might might want to duck and hide too. She was a double victimin this case....
No way you really believe that Miguel, it was bullshit from day 1 . Kobe doesn't have to rape anyone. I see this shit all the time since I work with these star types and believe me, every common person they come into contact with tries to jump on their cock. It's a no lose situation when you bed one of these guys to them. Shame on Kobe for being a dumbass I know, but he didn't rape anyone.

KACHINA KEN
09-02-2004, 12:15 AM
And neither did Tyson. :D

That Guy
09-02-2004, 04:45 AM
No way you really believe that Miguel, it was bullshit from day 1 . Kobe doesn't have to rape anyone. I see this shit all the time since I work with these star types and believe me, every common person they come into contact with tries to jump on their cock. It's a no lose situation when you bed one of these guys to them. Shame on Kobe for being a dumbass I know, but he didn't rape anyone.
Well said..... :smile:

JetBoatRich
09-02-2004, 05:02 AM
He can concentrate on playing Basketball now :cool: Lakers are happy :)

Kilrtoy
09-02-2004, 05:29 AM
TYson didnt rape anyone either,
OJ never killed anyone
What is his name RAY LEWIS (I THINK) didnt kill his girlfriend
Daryl Strawberry never beat his wife or smoked/snorted/injected coke
The list goes on.
He had a great team of lawyers, he did what was best , he came out the very next day and said I had a consensual encounter.
He had the best team of lawyers with millions of people supporting him going up against a hillbilly lawyer who was in so far over his head, he drowned the first day the case was assigned to him....

Essex502
09-02-2004, 05:48 AM
What is his name RAY LEWIS (I THINK) didnt kill his girlfriend
I think you mean Ray Carruth and it was his wife. Carruth was convicted. Ray Lewis was involved in a double homicide with some of his friends. He was acquitted....

ChumpChange
09-02-2004, 06:57 AM
Good to hear. Now that we know Kobe will be playing, we can concentrate on getting Phil Jackson's.....oop! Not there anymore. Well at least the most dominate duo......oops! Shaqs not there either.
Oh well.

Ducatista
09-02-2004, 08:13 AM
Color me cynical, but what obviously forced the dismissal was the fact that by Wednesday the writing on the evidentiary wall was finally so large and so legible that even the most stubborn and steadfast prosecutor could recognize the reality of certain defeat - and probable disgrace.
Colorado has a 750k limit to civil suits like this, after Kobe's defense team drags her through a another year or so of lawyers fees, she won't get a dime. The civil suit will settle and go away pretty soon, would be my guess.
They were all dumbass's in this case, Kobe, the slut, the DA, what a shame. It should have never happened... :(

Scream
09-02-2004, 08:28 AM
Well said KK, she was gold diggin from the beginning. Looking for early retirement IMO. The "appology" he stated was part of the deal--"Say you're sorry and shake hands".

Jordy
09-02-2004, 08:28 AM
I was watching the Chris Rock standup the other day and he had a point in regards to all the big profile cases. If you call Johnnie Cochoran, you look guilty. You'll get off and be free but you'll look guilty. And being free and looking guilty is better than looking innocent in jail. :D :D :D
Guess we can add Gheregos to the list of who to call.
Wouldn't surprise me if she was paid off. Hell, I still think Mark Furman (among others) was paid off in the OJ case to go on the stand with the whole "N" word deal. After it was over, he pretty much dropped off the radar. Living off a numbered account in Idaho or Montana. That's my theory. :cool:

Essex502
09-02-2004, 10:35 AM
Color me cynical, but what obviously forced the dismissal was the fact that by Wednesday the writing on the evidentiary wall was finally so large and so legible that even the most stubborn and steadfast prosecutor could recognize the reality of certain defeat - and probable disgrace.
Colorado has a 750k limit to civil suits like this, after Kobe's defense team drags her through a another year or so of lawyers fees, she won't get a dime. The civil suit will settle and go away pretty soon, would be my guess.
They were all dumbass's in this case, Kobe, the slut, the DA, what a shame. It should have never happened... :(
The insiders are saying the civil suit has already settled and the deal is sign but that they're waiting a "decent" period of time to make it look like Kobe didn't buy her off...don't know if it's true or not...time might tell, but usually in sex related civil suits both sides agree to secrecy..a la Michael Jackson's first fondling of a little boy.