PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Hyundai???

Kachina26
09-01-2004, 10:21 PM
That's right, Mr. Goodwrench is gonna buy his second Hyundai tomorrow. Anyone else have one of these fine autos in their garage? Be careful how you answer or we will be banished to the PRF.

HCS
09-01-2004, 10:22 PM
Buy a Nissan! :boxed:

Kachina26
09-01-2004, 10:24 PM
One of my co-workers had too many problems with his altima and his truck.

dmontzsta
09-01-2004, 10:26 PM
Buy a Nissan! :boxed:
You got that right bro! I will never buy any other import BUT a Nissan. I own two Maximas one with 290K+ and the other with 185K+ great cars.
http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/SigsAndAvatars/BigSmilies/worshipnissan.gif
hyundai has always been shitty, the old ones are REALLY bad.

DeltaSigBoater
09-01-2004, 10:29 PM
The "enterprise rent-a-car" I've been driving for the past 9 days was a Hyundai Elantra. Nice car, excelent gas mileage, air, power everything, automatic, but dont thing I'd buy one the car was just a tad too small for my liking

Kachina26
09-01-2004, 10:29 PM
I sold my mazda with 250k miles only because I didn't want to do any work to it, and I was sure that it would need SOMETHING eventually. I put brushes in the alternater at 220k. Nothing else! Not even a clutch! My trans gave up the ghost in my buick at 170k! WTF!

datdude
09-01-2004, 10:53 PM
I have a 2005 Altima. The center console lid latch broke. It took Nissan 4 1/2 months to get me a new one. And I was on some kind of "special" rush parts list. Would hate to see how long it would have been had I not been on that list.

ROZ
09-01-2004, 11:12 PM
That's right, Mr. Goodwrench is gonna buy his second Hyundai tomorrow. Anyone else have one of these fine autos in their garage? Be careful how you answer or we will be banished to the PRF. A couple of peeps at the office are using them as commuters. They like them. I guess that's all that counts...

Cheap Thrills
09-01-2004, 11:22 PM
Nope , No Hyudais but I did have a Yugo once it even had A/C :D does that count :p
C.T. :wink:

FRENCHIE
09-02-2004, 04:57 AM
i see alot of kias lately!!!! ;)

RiverOtter
09-02-2004, 04:59 AM
That's right, Mr. Goodwrench is gonna buy his second Hyundai tomorrow. Anyone else have one of these fine autos in their garage? Be careful how you answer or we will be banished to the PRF.
Aren't they kinda like Fat Chicks and Mobeds???? :D

JetBoatRich
09-02-2004, 05:00 AM
I guess for a commuter vehicle it may be a good car :supp: I just like to have a little more metal around me when a truck hits me :confused: from running a red light :eek:

Kachina26
09-02-2004, 05:39 AM
What the hell is a mobed?
Rich, I agree to some extent. However, safety systems have come a long way on the smaller cars. Side impact safety cages, as well as front and side airbags. Engine drops out the bottom via a special motor mount in a frontal collision. I love my truck (GMC) and my 1993 park ave was nice until some jackball hit and run me. I have 5 cars and only 3 drivers in the family, it was time to thin the herd. So, out went the Park ave and the 1985 Toyota Cressida with 182,000 miles and it's bad brake calipers, warped rotors, leaking p/s rack, sunroof that opened at will...........etc.

ahhell
09-02-2004, 06:24 AM
hyundai should be good, the first ones were kinda disposable
the wife has a toyota echo, 40 mpg and just keeps on going.put 16's on it with 40 series tires( looks like 22's on that thing) :p this our third toyota and never had a problem with any of them...wait, 86 p/u needed a waterpump at 225k miles...not bad

Mrs. casean
09-02-2004, 06:44 AM
Two of my friends bought the hyundai sonata and they love it... A little more roomy than the elantra. The warranty is great! 100,000 mile warrantry!
Good Luck!

dicudmore
09-02-2004, 07:10 AM
What the hell is a mobed?
Rich, I agree to some extent. However, safety systems have come a long way on the smaller cars. Side impact safety cages, as well as front and side airbags. Engine drops out the bottom via a special motor mount in a frontal collision. I love my truck (GMC) and my 1993 park ave was nice until some jackball hit and run me. I have 5 cars and only 3 drivers in the family, it was time to thin the herd. So, out went the Park ave and the 1985 Toyota Cressida with 182,000 miles and it's bad brake calipers, warped rotors, leaking p/s rack, sunroof that opened at will...........etc.
typical technician's personal vehicle huh bud? prob bought it for $50, or somebody donated it to your cause :D
I don't own a hyundai, but might one of these days. will gladly help you w/warranty work though :D

dicudmore
09-02-2004, 07:11 AM
do you speak Korean these days??? :D

NOTALENT
09-02-2004, 07:17 AM
A What???? I think you meant going to buy a chevy. :p

chub
09-02-2004, 07:37 AM
The rental I've been driving is a Corolla. Not a bad little unit. Good on petrol, plenty of room for my lard butt and it will get out of it's own way. I'm also looking for a commuter car and am interested in others opinions here. Please keep them coming.
And yes, I do speak some Korean! and my Wife speaks alot!

NOTALENT
09-02-2004, 07:38 AM
The rental I've been driving is a Corolla. Not a bad little unit. Good on petrol, plenty of room for my lard butt and it will get out of it's own way. I'm also looking for a commuter car and am interested in others opinions here. Please keep them coming.
And yes, I do speak some Korean! and my Wife speaks alot!
with a name like chub you must..lol..just kidding.. :D

chub
09-02-2004, 08:53 AM
It's more like a big belly. AKA Fuel tank for the sex machine. :D

Boozer
09-02-2004, 09:04 AM
Be weary of the Hyundai warranty claims.
One of my good friends bought a 2002 Hyundai Tiburon. 6 speed trans, 180hp V6, leather, sun roof, full power, 17's. For the price tag the car seemed like an awesome deal. The warranty was second to none or so he and I thought.
After about 6 months of ownership while driving down the road he heard a loud BANG then the motor just started reving out of control so he pulled it over and popped the hood. The rear motor mount had snapped and caused the engine to fall backwards. The intake manifold slammed into the firewall and bent all sorts of sh*t.
Upon taking the car to Hyundai his warranty claim was denied. They stated that the car had been over stressed, most likely from racing around and that caused the motor mount to fail. After doing some research online I found that this was actually a common problem and happening to several owners.
The car was bone stock from the exhaust to the intake so basically Hyundai claims that they made the motor to powerful for the motor mounts and therefore if you drive your sports car like a sports car it will fall apart and no longer have warranty.
Total cost of repiars $2650.00 He had to pay them out of his own pocket. The car was sold a week after getting out of the shop.

dicudmore
09-02-2004, 09:21 AM
Be weary of the Hyundai warranty claims.
One of my good friends bought a 2002 Hyundai Tiburon. 6 speed trans, 180hp V6, leather, sun roof, full power, 17's. For the price tag the car seemed like an awesome deal. The warranty was second to none or so he and I thought.
After about 6 months of ownership while driving down the road he heard a loud BANG then the motor just started reving out of control so he pulled it over and popped the hood. The rear motor mount had snapped and caused the engine to fall backwards. The intake manifold slammed into the firewall and bent all sorts of sh*t.
Upon taking the car to Hyundai his warranty claim was denied. They stated that the car had been over stressed, most likely from racing around and that caused the motor mount to fail. After doing some research online I found that this was actually a common problem and happening to several owners.
The car was bone stock from the exhaust to the intake so basically Hyundai claims that they made the motor to powerful for the motor mounts and therefore if you drive your sports car like a sports car it will fall apart and no longer have warranty.
Total cost of repiars $2650.00 He had to pay them out of his own pocket. The car was sold a week after getting out of the shop.
I have not personally seen that failure, but abuse is not covered by any manufacturer...

Mod VP
09-02-2004, 12:00 PM
"I have not personally seen that failure, but abuse is not covered by any manufacturer..."
That depends on who owns the vehicle... ;) :rollside:

Kim Hanson
09-02-2004, 12:40 PM
I thought they were like owning a moped-scotter deal, cool to ride but don't want your friends to see you in it! :crossx: ........( . )( . )........ :smile:

dicudmore
09-02-2004, 01:46 PM
"I have not personally seen that failure, but abuse is not covered by any manufacturer..."
That depends on who owns the vehicle... ;) :rollside:
ok it was a general statement....
obviously the boss's daughter gets warranty coverage etc

Riverhound
09-02-2004, 02:14 PM
You keep buying those Hyundai's & KIA's and I 'll keep processing and shipping them.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-02-2004, 02:15 PM
IS THAT LIKE A KACHINA BOAT :idea:

dicudmore
09-02-2004, 02:16 PM
IS THAT LIKE A KACHINA BOATB :idea:
that was cold bro, funny though :D

Kachina26
09-02-2004, 02:54 PM
IS THAT LIKE A COMMANDER BOAT :idea:
Why yes it is, I can't believe you are finally coming to grips with this.

dicudmore
09-02-2004, 02:57 PM
Why yes it is, I can't believe you are finally coming to grips with this.
GOD BLESS THE EDIT FEATURE
Oh shit, now I gotta explain to my boss why I'm laughing, with all these cars still in the shop.

Kachina26
09-02-2004, 03:01 PM
Don't laugh at him, it's a big first step on the road to recovery. :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-02-2004, 03:26 PM
Don't laugh at him, it's a big first step on the road to recovery. :D
yeah yeah, what I want to know is why it takes a kachina with a 500HP got beat by a shockwave with a 496HO mmmmm :cry:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-02-2004, 03:27 PM
Don't laugh at him, it's a big first step on the road to recovery. knowing I should not have bought this tug boat called a Kachina :cry:
Its ok we will help you :D

FRENCHIE
09-02-2004, 03:28 PM
yeah yeah, what I want to know is why it takes a kachina with a 500HP got beat by a shockwave with a 496HO mmmmm :cry:
" You know how we do it SYA!!" :p It took another $13,000 in that Kachina 500 to pass the old 496 ho baby!!!! :wink:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-02-2004, 03:32 PM
" You know how we do it SYA!!" :p It took another $13,000 in that Kachina 500 to pass the old 496 ho baby!!!! :wink:
well you heard hot boaters you can buy a kachina with a 500 HP add another 13000.00 for a blower and you too can beat a shockwave with a 496HO :eek: Something is wrong here LMAO. Frenchie you stop beating up on those kachinas :hammerhea

FRENCHIE
09-02-2004, 03:34 PM
I gotta be carefull though...(Gary) Force 26 helped me with the flat on my trailer last two weeks ago on dam run II...but prob just so he knew i would make it to the run so he could secretly put his new upgrade to work and get revenge!!!! :rolleyes: :rollside:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-02-2004, 03:43 PM
K26 Will have to spend more he has a 496, mmmmm he may be able to beat these guys
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/418MVC-443S.JPG
on second thought maybe not

FRENCHIE
09-02-2004, 03:44 PM
K26 Will have to spend more he has a 496, mmmmm he may be able to beat these guys
ouch now!!!! :eat: :2purples: :wink:

dicudmore
09-02-2004, 03:48 PM
this is some good reading guys....
good stuff :D

PlyaPlya22
09-02-2004, 03:49 PM
We used the engine for the kids scooter :eek:

dicudmore
09-02-2004, 03:49 PM
NOW THATS FUNNY
hey wait a minute, that ain't funny. Me thinks his 496 will keep up with mine :D

Kachina26
09-02-2004, 07:16 PM
I have said before, if I wanted fast I woulda bought shockwave. But I wanted a little more room down below for late night fun, so I bought the Kachina. If I wanted an excuse to miss out on the fun at the beach I woulda bought a Commander. "Damn that engine overheat, I really wanted to go to the sandy beach but my tub couldn't make it."
"Hey Kilrtoy, My boat is broke, can I ride on your Shockwave?" Read, man I don't wanna be on the SS sausage party can I roll with you?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111550DSC03155-small.jpg
You know I still love you Mel, even though you attack my baby for no reason
:boxingguy :messedup:

FRENCHIE
09-02-2004, 07:20 PM
I have said before, if I wanted fast I woulda bought shockwave. But I wanted a little more room down below for late night fun, so I bought the Kachina. If I wanted an excuse to miss out on the fun at the beach I woulda bought a Commander. "Damn that engine overheat, I really wanted to go to the sandy beach but my tub couldn't make it."
"Hey Kilrtoy, My boat is broke, can I ride on your Shockwave?" Read, man I don't wanna be on the SS sausage party can I roll with you?
Dont worry Randy...it must be one of those night's im pretty fired up over some sh!# also!!! Youknow mel and eric though so you know how they play bro....dont take it personal!!! :wink: :mad:

Kachina26
09-02-2004, 07:39 PM
Dont worry Randy...it must be one of those night's im pretty fired up over some sh!# also!!! Youknow mel and eric though so you know how they play bro....dont take it personal!!! :wink: :mad:
Mel and Eric are way cool brotha, I know it's all in fun. And even when peeps talk serious Spit, flub em! If you let this place get you fired up, then it's time to take a break. That little lady of yours is too important for you to be getting into real trouble punking out a punk. Let it slide like water off of a ducks back. :cool: :cool:

Mrs.HLB
09-02-2004, 07:46 PM
My sister has had 2 elantra's and has had good luck with them. The first was totaled in an accident (does that count?) but the current one is great on gas, roomy.. great commuter.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-02-2004, 08:41 PM
you know its all in fun, after all the BS I took for buying another COMMANDER that was light weight. heres a pic of my sausage boat with my ex boat b*t*h
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1616Picture_476.jpg

VelocityDriver
09-02-2004, 09:03 PM
I've got an '01 Elantra GT, it has over 175,000 without a problem. Oil gets changed every 3 weeks... Hyundai changed the clutch under warrenty at 96,000 at no charge. I drive 1300 miles a week, the car gets 30mpg on the highway doing 85 with the ac on, and 34 with it off. Drill the airbox and get a K&N it helps out alot.

PlyaPlya22
09-02-2004, 09:28 PM
Am I missing something here :confused:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-02-2004, 09:29 PM
Am I missing something here :confused:
Nope I'm just busting chops :hammer2: :hammer2:

FRENCHIE
09-03-2004, 05:04 AM
busta bust !!!! :D

Garrddogg
09-03-2004, 06:38 AM
Pay no nevermind if you see me swimmin with a crescent wrench in my pocket. :boxingguy

FRENCHIE
09-03-2004, 08:43 AM
Pay no nevermind if you see me swimmin with a crescent wrench in my pocket. :boxingguy
that was cold!!!! why dont you leave early and go start you tropical cruz!!! :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-03-2004, 08:44 AM
WTF :lightsabe :lightsabe

FRENCHIE
09-03-2004, 08:46 AM
SYA...get with Plya...he gots to fill ya in!!! :wink:

Garrddogg
09-03-2004, 09:22 AM
:hammerhea well you heard hot boaters you can buy a kachina with a 500 HP add another 13000.00 for a blower and you too can beat a shockwave with a 496HO :eek: Something is wrong here LMAO. Frenchie you stop beating up on those kachinas :hammerhea

dicudmore
09-03-2004, 10:11 AM
are we still playing nice here :argue:
hey, I want a demo ride in that Kachina :2purples: