PDA

View Full Version : ski poles

Wreidt
09-16-2001, 07:27 PM
What kind of ski pole do you recommend for towing skiers, tubes etc with a covered engine and a jet?

Ultra21
09-17-2001, 06:53 AM
I've been looking for the same thing recently and found an interesting ski pylon at Eddie Marine. Check out http://www.eddiemarine.com and look under "ski tows". They have an engine mounted ski pylon that would protrude through the engine cover which you would have to cut and modified. I have been trying to find someone with some info on it to see if it really does what it's suppose to. It mounts to a BBC using the water pump mounting holes and I was wondering if that's all it needs and if it would be strong enough. Their cost is $350.

froggystyle
09-17-2001, 07:04 AM
I'm sure it works great. That is probably similar to the billet one we use on our boats. Another type, if you don't want to intrude on your engine is made by "Skylon" here in San Diego county. Works really well from what I have seen. I'll try to get you a number.

rivercrazy
09-17-2001, 09:27 AM
I have a ski pole on my 454 jet boat. It attacheds to the top of the thermostat housing with strong solid metal arms that attach to the risers on the exhaust.
I've had no problems with it at all. It was installed at the boat manufacturer and was obtained from EMI.

Ultra21
09-17-2001, 06:02 PM
Hey Froggy- - how does yours attach and how much do they go for. I have a 94 Ultra 21Lxi open bow with the setback pump. I didn't think to ask Ultra???

77Spectra
09-17-2001, 07:08 PM
Try to get one that mounts to the front of the engine. The boat will track much better. I was able to take mine through a Slolom course with the pole. Would not even attempt it without. My pole mounted to the floor just in front of the rear seat and had two arms that went to the sides. It would take apart in seconds to get it out of the way.