PDA

View Full Version : 2004 496 HO/Bravo X Value?

teeitup
09-02-2004, 07:14 AM
I am going to take out my 2004 496 HO complete and ready to drop in and Bravo X drive that have about 45 hours on them and go with some big horsepower. I would like to get some opinions on what price I should ask for them as a package or individually.

Stealth Marine
09-02-2004, 02:24 PM
I am going to take out my 2004 496 HO complete and ready to drop in and Bravo X drive that have about 45 hours on them and go with some big horsepower. I would like to get some opinions on what price I should ask for them as a package or individually.
How far into the warrenty period are you?
ie, whats left?

teeitup
09-02-2004, 03:35 PM
How far into the warrenty period are you?
ie, whats left?
Warrantee expires June 2005

dr. margarita
09-02-2004, 07:28 PM
You should be able to get 14 to 15K tops.

Stealth Marine
09-03-2004, 11:13 AM
You should be able to get 14 to 15K tops.
I would have to agree.
If you were able to get $15K from this you would be doing pretty well.
If I was going to buy a used engine/drive from someone I would probably be looking for something in the $12K-$13K range. But then on a used HO everyone is going to want a deal.

Stealth Marine
09-03-2004, 11:16 AM
Just a thought.
If you can't get what you want out of this engine value wise, have you considered keeping it and putting a whipple on it?
That would certainly give you loads of power, and you won't have to take any loss on value...

teeitup
09-03-2004, 12:39 PM
Just a thought.
If you can't get what you want out of this engine value wise, have you considered keeping it and putting a whipple on it?
That would certainly give you loads of power, and you won't have to take any loss on value...
I thought about it, but after some investigation I learned that the pistons would be a problem. I think selling my stuff and getting new power and drive is the way to go.
Thanks for you suggestion however

Stealth Marine
09-03-2004, 02:01 PM
I thought about it, but after some investigation I learned that the pistons would be a problem. I think selling my stuff and getting new power and drive is the way to go.
Thanks for you suggestion however
Just a quick "For what its worth..."
Whipple has sold about 300 of their 496Mag Supercharger kits.
Of those about 270 have gone on the 496Mag HO versions.
Typical engine life on a new 496Mag HO is 400-500 hours with the charger installed. If the pistons were a real issue, the engines would not be lasting nearly that long...

TPI
09-06-2004, 09:53 PM
Teeitup,
What motors are you considering? If I have an EFI motor in my line that interests you, please let me know. www.TPBOATS.com
also, Please let me know when you put your motor up for sale, as I might have a customer in the market for a good used 496 HO.
Thanks
Gary