PDA

View Full Version : computer question

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-10-2006, 03:02 PM
I know this may sound stupid to most of you but I need to know who my ips provider is. How can I find that out? :)
THE ONLY STUPID QUESTION IS THE ONE YOU DON'T ASK. :rolleyes:

Eliminator 4 Life
04-10-2006, 03:04 PM
I know this may sound stupid to most of you but I need to know who my ips provider is. How can I find that out? :)
OMG are you a newbie??? This is your first post this year right...

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-10-2006, 03:05 PM
OMG are you a newbie??? This is your first post this year right...
LMAO!! yep I am a newbie.. Can you help a newbie out. :p

probablecause
04-10-2006, 03:06 PM
Assuming you are using a versiono of Windows, How do you login? Do you simply click on an intenet explorer icon or do you have to open up a program like AOL? When you login, what homepage are you taken to? Using cable or modem or DSL? Who sends your monthly bill?
When all else fails, go here IP Address Locator (http://www.whatismyipaddress.com/) then click on the red "Next" button after your results show up. It should then tell you. Also, this one is a good one...www.whatsmyip.org (http://www.whatsmyip.org/)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-10-2006, 03:10 PM
Assuming you are using a versiono of Windows, How do you login? Do you simply click on an intenet explorer icon or do you have to open up a program like AOL? When you login, what homepage are you taken to? Using cable or modem or DSL? Who sends your monthly bill?
That's where I am confused.
we have a shop we just rented. we brought in comcast.
but I never signed up for a carrier. ( here) I have yahoo at home and just access from this computer to yahoo and surf from there. do I need a separate carrier here also so I will have two bill instead of one?
:)

probablecause
04-10-2006, 03:12 PM
So do you have internet access at work (Comcast)?

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-10-2006, 03:13 PM
So do you have internet access at work (Comcast)?
yes I have comcast and I run wireless computers. ( dsl)

Boozer
04-10-2006, 03:14 PM
That's where I am confused.
we have a shop we just rented. we brought in comcast.
but I never signed up for a carrier. ( here) I have yahoo at home and just access from this computer to yahoo and surf from there. do I need a separate carrier here also so I will have two bill instead of one?
:)
Sounds like comcast is your ISP.
You had Comcast brought in and that is who you write the monthly check to right? Comast gave you cable modem service correct? If that is correct then answer to your question would be Comcast.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Sounds like comcast is your ISP.
You had Comcast brought in and that is who you write the monthly check to right? Comast gave you cable modem service correct? If that is correct then answer to your question would be Comcast.
thank you Boozer.
so does that mean I don't need to sign up with say AOL or SBC anything like that? :)

Eliminator 4 Life
04-10-2006, 03:18 PM
LMAO!! yep I am a newbie.. Can you help a newbie out. :p
I dont know can u post a pic haha :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-10-2006, 03:18 PM
I dont know can u post a pic haha :)
LOL!! I got rid of all of them.. :)

probablecause
04-10-2006, 03:19 PM
thank you Boozer.
so does that mean I don't need to sign up with say AOL or SBC anything like that? :)
Not unless you want them for things like email.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Not unless you want them for things like email.
cool.. thank you so much.. :rollside:

Eliminator 4 Life
04-10-2006, 03:21 PM
LOL!! I got rid of all of them.. :)
HAHA Hi Char hope you and Jaime are doing well look forward to seeing you at the naci bash...

buzzaro
04-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Who do you send the money to? :confused:

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-10-2006, 03:27 PM
I would say no. As long as you have a connection to the internet, you should be fine. I think what is happening is that you have DSL. Most DSL accounts require you to enter a username and password.
Are you trying to take the Vonage supplied router from home to the office?
no everything is new. I have the Belkin wireless router, the IP 8100-2 (wireless)
and the modem from comcast.
they e-mailed me and they need my
internet provider.
modem cable/dsl
router- vender and model #
# of computers
and a diagrammatic representation of set up. :rolleyes:

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Who do you send the money to? :confused:
everyone LOL!!
comcast only at the shop. :)

moneypit
04-10-2006, 03:40 PM
Go to your check book register and see who you write a check out to each month :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-10-2006, 03:44 PM
LOL.. Well, they sure are making it easy huh? :rolleyes:
Weren't you supposed to call me so Char and I could come hang out some weekend and set that office of yours up?
yes I was trying to make it easy and get the computers going, with the phones and then you could hook us up correctly on the computer software and all that. But now I am tearing my fricken hair out trying to do this and I haven't learned shit except I should have stayed in school.LOL!! :220v: :rollside:

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-10-2006, 03:45 PM
Go to your check book register and see who you write a check out to each month :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
well to get technical. I haven't wrote one yet. But I should be getting it soon.. COMCAST.. LOL!! :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-10-2006, 03:56 PM
Is the vonage wireless base plugged directly into the belkin router?
yes..
My set up is.
from the modem I have the wireless router, from the wireless router back to the IP 8100. from the IP 8100 back to the modem. :cry:

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Hmm... I don't think you should have two wires going to/from the router.
The blue port on the vonage stuff goes to a port on the router. The Yellow port isn't used unless you need to plug another peice of hardware into it like a PC.
Or Modem - Router - Vonage
WHAT.. :220v:
could it be that I have my router next to my computer and the modem and the vonage is about 80' from the computer. can the run be too long maybe. :cry: