PDA

View Full Version : Search Engine Advertising

Boozer
04-10-2006, 03:26 PM
I recently started a new business venture and am considering a few different options to promote my business.
As of last night a web site is under construction for my business and I hope to have it up and running within the next month. I am considering the idea of purchasing advertsing space with google and yahoo so that when people type in certain words my companies website will be one of the first to come up.
Have any of you used this method for marketing your business? If so how effective has it been? Would you do it again?
Thanks,
Danny

MagicMtnDan
04-10-2006, 03:29 PM
We've used Google products - keywords mostly. As I recall you pay per hit and can pay more to make the word a higher priority. Google owns online advertising so if it's an online business it's definitely worth a try. You should only pay for results so it makes sense as an ad buy.
Good luck

Wabash
04-10-2006, 03:35 PM
depending on your budget check out Jumpfly.com they increased my business by 42%, tell them Erik in AZ sent you!

stoker
04-10-2006, 03:35 PM
You better have very deep pockets!

essexjet
04-10-2006, 04:08 PM
You better have very deep pockets!
Yup, Google is calling us daily try to buy the sponsor (the right side) and its very pricey. Its around a couple of thousand plus per hit fees.

hoolign
04-10-2006, 04:30 PM
Yup, Google is calling us daily try to buy the sponsor (the right side) and its very pricey. Its around a couple of thousand plus per hit fees.
couple of thousand plus per hit ?? :rolleyes:

superdave013
04-10-2006, 05:06 PM
well that's way way more then I pay.
I buy ads on google. You can set up how much you are willing to pay for a click and put a cap on the max per day and per month.
When I started it was about 0.07 per click. It's up to about 0.38 now. The cost goes up the more people compete for the ad space.

dmontzsta
04-10-2006, 05:22 PM
I started my business about 6 months ago. I set my monthly budget at $750 with Google, a majority of our hits and contacts come from Google. The magazines are not doing NEARLY what they did years ago. If you think about it, when you want something, you search the internet. Unfortunately, alot of the clicks we get they never buy, but you still pay for it. Hopefully they bookmark the site and refer to it later though, if you want to generate business, this is the way. BUT, be prepared cause it seems like the cheapest guy will get the work on Google.

Boozer
04-10-2006, 10:25 PM
I started my business about 6 months ago. I set my monthly budget at $750 with Google, a majority of our hits and contacts come from Google. The magazines are not doing NEARLY what they did years ago. If you think about it, when you want something, you search the internet. Unfortunately, alot of the clicks we get they never buy, but you still pay for it. Hopefully they bookmark the site and refer to it later though, if you want to generate business, this is the way. BUT, be prepared cause it seems like the cheapest guy will get the work on Google.
Fine by me. I'm undercutting the competition BIG TIME and should still be able to make a killing.
Good to know you can set a budget. $750 a month seems pretty reasonable to get me started. Hoping that after I land a few deals my prices will be good enough that word of mouth alone will keep me slammed with business. I am amazed at the amount of mark up the competitors are charging and getting away with. My overhead is $0 and so far my start up costs have been $0. As long as I keep operating costs down which shouldnt be a problem I'll be able to continue to keep my prices down as well.

superdave013
04-11-2006, 05:38 AM
bozzer, you are w h o r ing the market. Someday you will have some overhead and expenses.
Also if I was your supplier and you were doing that you would no longer be buying anymore product from me.
You don't have to w h o r e it out that bad. Maybe a little less but don't be a cheep slut. Just something to think about if you plan on being in that industry for awhile.