PDA

View Full Version : "W"'s Speech...

summerlove
09-02-2004, 07:24 PM
I'm gonna give credit where credit is due. Bush gave a very good speech tonight. Although he gave it to the partisan favorites in the Garden, that speech was really directed at the democrats and the undecided voters.
He talked a good story, but I do have one question. He critized Kerry for his alleged $2trillion tax/spending plan, how does W plan on building/opening medical clinics in every poor county, how does he plan on having teen intervention programs in all high schools, how does he plan on increasing funding to jr. colleges, how does he plan on doing alot of the things he outlined? My question is, how does he plan on paying for it?
Other than that, he appealed to the mainstream voter, and in fact, the speech had a very liberal feel to it. The comments directed at the medical savings accounts (we already have them - IRS Sec. 125 plans), increased medical coverage. I liked the idea to pool small companies for lower premiums. Very liberal talk froma very conservative President.
I think overall, he did a good job and he should get a bump in the polls. I do believe that the race isn't over and I think the constant flaming of Kerry will backfire on him - time will tell.
One thing I did not see however, was on the issue of gay marriage - they tv never flipped to Cheney. I found that somewhat interesting. :idea:

Rexone
09-02-2004, 07:31 PM
PR thread is about 6 clicks south a here. :D
I liked the speech btw.

dean51267
09-02-2004, 07:47 PM
this alone wil pay for the social programs promoted....
BTW - Kerry is a traidor, and if he had been on my submarine, he would not have made it even one patrol....
After a man proves to be a traidor, liar, and dishonest, NOTHING else matters, he is unelectable....
The democrats were idiots for ever electing an US hateing, military bashing tradior.....

Kilrtoy
09-02-2004, 08:09 PM
Caught the last 5 mintues, reminded me of why I am proud to be an AMERICAN
Not that I forgot

summerlove
09-02-2004, 08:15 PM
BTW - Kerry is a traidor, and if he had been on my submarine, he would not have made it even one patrol....
After a man proves to be a traidor, liar, and dishonest, NOTHING else matters, he is unelectable....
The democrats were idiots for ever electing an US hateing, military bashing tradior.....
at least he's educated.... :confused:

Blown 472
09-02-2004, 08:23 PM
You mean like the wmd's that were never found but yet could strike within 45 mins? or like getting radioactive material from niger? that kinda liar?

Lakeshow
09-02-2004, 08:24 PM
Right On Dean51267 - another former submarine sailor here.
Btw, John Kerry is an idiot.
lol

Krazy K
09-02-2004, 08:28 PM
Yeah, and Bush has NEVER lied and NEVER been dishonest....(or any politician, for that matter!) I hope someone is copying all these campaign promises these hopefuls are spitting out because I'd like to know how many they go back on! (Whoever gets elected)
If you want to put this in the PR forum, go ahead.

bigq
09-02-2004, 09:28 PM
I'm gonna give credit where credit is due. Bush gave a very good speech tonight. Although he gave it to the partisan favorites in the Garden, that speech was really directed at the democrats and the undecided voters.
He talked a good story, but I do have one question. He critized Kerry for his alleged $2trillion tax/spending plan, how does W plan on building/opening medical clinics in every poor county, how does he plan on having teen intervention programs in all high schools, how does he plan on increasing funding to jr. colleges, how does he plan on doing alot of the things he outlined? My question is, how does he plan on paying for it?
Other than that, he appealed to the mainstream voter, and in fact, the speech had a very liberal feel to it. The comments directed at the medical savings accounts (we already have them - IRS Sec. 125 plans), increased medical coverage. I liked the idea to pool small companies for lower premiums. Very liberal talk froma very conservative President.
I think overall, he did a good job and he should get a bump in the polls. I do believe that the race isn't over and I think the constant flaming of Kerry will backfire on him - time will tell.
One thing I did not see however, was on the issue of gay marriage - they tv never flipped to Cheney. I found that somewhat interesting. :idea:
I'd like to know where all this money is coming from also. If the economy picks up more and revenue is increased that is going to help, but W does spend to much for my taste. How about we take some money to help plug our porous borders.
I didn't think it was flaming at Kerry he was just stating facts, now Zill Miller, that was flaming. Unlike some I believe he is honest and does actually care more about the well being of the US than his politics, it was very moving when he was talking about the families he has spoken to, it sounded like it was from his heart.

MagicMtnDan
09-02-2004, 09:34 PM
It was a GREAT speech!
Spoken from his heart. He outlined a detailed plan (unlike Kerry whose only plan is to whine about being criticized while his liberal buddies spend 10x the Republican support groups are spending). He showed leadership. He showed resolve. He's focused on making the US and the world a better place and he told everyone how he'll continue doing it.
He talked about fixing the tax code. He talked about helping small businesses get affordable healthcare. These are great ideas and great plans. What did Kerry talk about? His service in Vietnam and he neglected to spend ANY time talking about HIS 30 CAREER as the most liberal senator in the US.
Unless you're a Bush hater the choice is clear. George W for four more years!

HighRoller
09-02-2004, 11:07 PM
I guess W's Harvard MBA doesn't count as an "education...

dgie
09-02-2004, 11:10 PM
.......Yale, and PR is just 6 clicks south :idea:

HighRoller
09-02-2004, 11:10 PM
You mean like the wmd's that were never found but yet could strike within 45 mins? or like getting radioactive material from niger? that kinda liar?
You mean the WMD's that Saddam used to kill 50,000 Kurds? You mean the Sarin gas they have found in Iraq? "Found" and "reported" are two different things. They've found all the proof they need. Now the NY Times just needs to get over its love affair with Kerry and tell the truth.

ratso
09-02-2004, 11:11 PM
Bush got balls...
Kerry is a pussy...
Well, some days he's a pussy...some days he's not...

HighRoller
09-02-2004, 11:11 PM
.......Yale
Oops...my Bad. Typo.

Blown 472
09-03-2004, 04:10 AM
You mean the WMD's that Saddam used to kill 50,000 Kurds? You mean the Sarin gas they have found in Iraq? "Found" and "reported" are two different things. They've found all the proof they need. Now the NY Times just needs to get over its love affair with Kerry and tell the truth.
The gas we sold him?? what about Sudan? the 30,000 plus people killed there mean nothing? killed under a brutal islamic gubment but I dont see us bombing the shit outa them now are we?? Could you splain why we are not attacking them??

Jeanyus
09-03-2004, 05:51 AM
The gas we sold him?? what about Sudan? the 30,000 plus people killed there mean nothing? killed under a brutal islamic gubment but I dont see us bombing the shit outa them now are we?? Could you splain why we are not attacking them??
They are next.

OutCole'd
09-03-2004, 05:56 AM
Because theye have no oil???? :confused:

OutCole'd
09-03-2004, 05:57 AM
They are next.
Ya right, never gonna happen.

Freak
09-03-2004, 06:05 AM
Ding Ding Ding We have a winner. EXACTLY! We need the oil. That is reason enough for me.

summerlove
09-03-2004, 06:35 AM
I was referring to the author of the post, not the Prez....
also, when I started the thread, I forgot (old habits are hard to break) abut the PR forum...sorry. :confused:

THOR
09-03-2004, 06:40 AM
Ding Ding Ding We have a winner. EXACTLY! We need the oil. That is reason enough for me.
Exactly (again). This oil makes all the fuel we need to ride in our boats. :mix:

91nordic29
09-03-2004, 06:51 AM
:p :boxed: :notam:

dgie
09-03-2004, 08:11 AM
I was referring to the author of the post, not the Prez....
also, when I started the thread, I forgot (old habits are hard to break) abut the PR forum...sorry. :confused:
just screwing with you, I dont care if it is here or not...

Dave C
09-03-2004, 08:25 AM
your right but they need some reform. "section 125 plans" are not "portable" and must be sponsored by an employer. HSA's would be more like an IRA, portable and independent and you could save up for future expenses. (I know a little something about this as you already know) ;)
Its a good idea because someone could get a deduction for expenses not covered by insurance or deduct premiums while they are changing jobs. (which is a big deal because most of those so called "uninsured americans" are changing jobs and NOT long term uninsured)
"pool small companies for lower premiums".... thats NOT liberal thats a conservative ideal. A liberal idea would be pool small company premiums and send them to the goverment. :)
These are both great ideas and won't cost the government.... (much).
The comments directed at the medical savings accounts (we already have them - IRS Sec. 125 plans), increased medical coverage. I liked the idea to pool small companies for lower premiums. Very liberal talk froma very conservative President.

HighRoller
09-03-2004, 08:43 AM
Well, for one the Sudanese haven't poked their finger in our chest like Saddam has over the last 15 years. And as far as the oil, you make yourself sound really stupid using that worn-out diatribe. If we went there to suck up all of Iraq's oil, why the hell are our gas prices still sky high? I wish we WOULD use their oil but for some reason we're not. I don't condone permanently taking the oil, but it would make a damn good bargaining chip to make OPEC go a month without our money so they can see what it feels like. Can you say "Increased production"?

OutCole'd
09-03-2004, 08:58 AM
Well, for one the Sudanese haven't poked their finger in our chest like Saddam has over the last 15 years. And as far as the oil, you make yourself sound really stupid using that worn-out diatribe. If we went there to suck up all of Iraq's oil, why the hell are our gas prices still sky high? I wish we WOULD use their oil but for some reason we're not. I don't condone permanently taking the oil, but it would make a damn good bargaining chip to make OPEC go a month without our money so they can see what it feels like. Can you say "Increased production"?
That's funny HR, I think you make your sound really stupid everytime you post. I thought we went there to free the oppressed people of Iraq, not because someone poked their finger in our chest. :hammerhea

carbonmarine
09-03-2004, 09:13 AM
Its funny.... American's generally think that WE are the only country that uses oil & natural resources and such .. its quite hilarious when you go to other countries and see infrstructure projects and everyday life and listen to people here ..... Let's just talk the biggest user of them all.... CHINA.
I just got back, China is building State sponsored Infrastucture proj.'s for the future and this is the biggest employer there ( S. China, 3 gorges dams, High speed rail, airports,etc. ) ... They are usuing Fuel, Concrete, Wood, Paper Prod's, Copper, Dry Wall, Steel, Iron re-bar at record levels... So much in fact, that we in the US and elsewhere have to now compete on Int'l commodity mkts for local products just to allocate these materials,,, which is why the price and lead-time has increased... This fact brings me to another point. Labor. Particularly semi skilled, repetitive labor.... The need isnt here in the US anymore.. We've grown up, its outsourced !! (I was outta town , missed my billing date for Credit Card, Somebody from India called me out on it !!!)
The US has new inventive and innovative technologies in their infancy to grow and employ our people... Cant do that when they are working for the Gov't Cheese & labor unions etc.. As Bush said, It's an old model and we are not going back ! ... time to transform, learn new skills & adapt yourself for the global marketplace.. This is true for the individual and organization.
just my .002
Rick32 :idea:

Dave C
09-03-2004, 09:20 AM
rhetoric... are you trying to obfuscate the fact that Saddam murdered thousands of innocent people in Iraq over 20 years? Do they not matter? (OK Iraq has oil, thats obvious)
if you want to use that logic, why didn't Clinton step in Rwanda instead of Bosnia? or ask the U.N. why don't they step in anywhere to stop this behavior? For that matter the U.N. HAS NOT AND WILL NOT stop this behavior anywhere including Rwanda, Iraq, Sudan, etc. and Kerry wants to defer to the U.N. them. Thats Bad policy.
Ask Kerry why we went into Iraq, he voted for it and he had the intelligence!

Dave C
09-03-2004, 09:25 AM
CM,
no kidding.... look at the amount of crude that China now buys from the world market....... it has increased dramatically in recent years.
The U.S. needs to become more independent of the world market otherwise we are f u c k e d.

Dave C
09-03-2004, 09:26 AM
it would just be easier to "steal" if they are a democracy. ;)
That's funny HR, I think you make your sound really stupid everytime you post. I thought we went there to free the oppressed people of Iraq, not because someone poked their finger in our chest. :hammerhea

Blown 472
09-03-2004, 10:46 AM
So its ok to kill innocent people for a "chip" :frown:

OutCole'd
09-03-2004, 10:56 AM
Only if they poked their finger in your chest.

Scream
09-03-2004, 11:05 AM
I thought it was a good speech all said. Like W stated, "raising taxes is one campaign promise a politician usually keeps". That was a good line. He had some others as well. I'm a moderate and I look at both sides, usually, but Kerry strikes me as phoney and GW seems sincere to me always. My vote will go with my impression of the man, not the campaign remarks he makes. Most of that stuff is just a pipe dream anyway.
Also, as the economy strengthens, tax revenue's will increase and monies will become available for these new and added programs...eventually.
We are in a new era, we do need to move on and adapt. That's what we as American's are good at, better than any other "culture" in the world.
Oh, and Michael Moore is a pinhead!

HighRoller
09-03-2004, 11:06 AM
I never said that. I said we didn't go there for oil. DUH. Then I said IF we were going to take their oil it should only be on a temporary basis. As far as WMD's, again, this is a recording, EVERYONE including John Kerry and the Senate Democrats agreed that Saddam had WMD's and needed to be taken out. Need proof? Watch the clip that JBB posted. Pretty sad when you blame Bush but excuse the Senate Intelligence committee, who both had the same intel....Nice bit of hypocrisy there. The only difference between Bush and the rest of them is that Bush has the balls to stand behind his decision while the Dems and Kerry are attempting to rewrite history and be on both sides of the issue.
As far as "innocent people", blown...you sure seem to have your panties in a wad when we kill a miniscule amount of innocent people while liberating 25 million people from a dictator. But when that same dictator gases 50,000 people to shut them up, and kills between 300,000 and 1 million of his own people over 20 years you seem to be silent. Why is that? Again, America is the bad guy...worse than Saddam....Next time why don't you worry about ALL the innocents, not just the ones that help you make your point.

vdriver4ever
09-03-2004, 11:22 AM
I have never ventured into the Sandbar forum but the subject matter caught my eye.
I am for anyone who believes in less government and less taxes. I will also never vote for any person who is backed by the trial lawyers. Do any of you realize how much money trial lawyers cost us daily?
I have seen what the Government spends money on and I can tell you they don't need anymore. Until they start spending our money responsibly then why give them more? Anyone checked out a new school bus maintenance building lately? It looks like something Penke Racing would build. How is that going to help educate our kids?
They say that a large percentage of people that boat also recreate with other motorized vehicles. That right and privilege is always under attack by the democrats.
Is there a perfect person to lead our country? Probably not. Is John Kerry a sleeze bag??? I think so. Has George W made a mistake or two? Probably so.... But make no mistake he is the best "by far" man for us this next four years.

Blown 472
09-03-2004, 11:31 AM
I never said that. I said we didn't go there for oil. DUH. Then I said IF we were going to take their oil it should only be on a temporary basis. As far as WMD's, again, this is a recording, EVERYONE including John Kerry and the Senate Democrats agreed that Saddam had WMD's and needed to be taken out. Need proof? Watch the clip that JBB posted. Pretty sad when you blame Bush but excuse the Senate Intelligence committee, who both had the same intel....Nice bit of hypocrisy there. The only difference between Bush and the rest of them is that Bush has the balls to stand behind his decision while the Dems and Kerry are attempting to rewrite history and be on both sides of the issue.
As far as "innocent people", blown...you sure seem to have your panties in a wad when we kill a miniscule amount of innocent people while liberating 25 million people from a dictator. But when that same dictator gases 50,000 people to shut them up, and kills between 300,000 and 1 million of his own people over 20 years you seem to be silent. Why is that? Again, America is the bad guy...worse than Saddam....Next time why don't you worry about ALL the innocents, not just the ones that help you make your point.
Funny I didn't see the Senate Intell on tv making the case for war just GW and Blair. Then they scape goat the intell people, please.
You mean the people that are killing americans and a bunch of other people after being "liberated" I never did see them running to the streets with flowers and candy. Sorta smacks of when the brits did the same thing awhile back.
Never said America was the bad guy but if you are going to use that after the wmd ploy failed then use it on everyone.
You seem like a pretty smart guy, open you eyes and your mind and stop letting someone else dictate your life.

Blown 472
09-03-2004, 11:33 AM
I have seen what the Government spends money on and I can tell you they don't need anymore. Until they start spending our money responsibly then why give them more? Anyone checked out a new school bus maintenance building lately? It looks like something Penke Racing would build. How is that going to help educate our kids?
Hummm I have seen the three in my area, and they are nothing to be disired, pretty run down and none of the latest and greatest tools in there.