Phone #909-946-9332
Good Stuff!!

Kachina26
09-03-2004, 05:28 AM
How long is it?

76BARRON
09-03-2004, 08:35 AM
MINE WAS 8 WEEK'S ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT"S 7:00-9:00 PM
THIS IS THE CLASS I TOOK A FEW MONTH'S BACK.
CLASS IS FREE! BUT BOOKS AND STUFF WERE $45.00 BUT YOU CAN SHARE WITH OTHER FAMILY MEMBER IF YOU CHOOSE.WE HAD WHOLE FAMILY'S TAKE THE CLASS! THIS IS A CERTIFICATE CLASS +++++++++
I BELIVE IT WILL STILL BE HELD AT UPLAND HIGH SCHOOL
GO FOR IT ! YOU WILL BE SURPRISED AT HOW MUCH YOU WILL LEARN
AND HOW LITTLE 90% OF THE OTHER BOATERS KNOW :D

superdave013
09-03-2004, 08:38 AM
I took that as a teenager. GOOD STUFF!!

76BARRON
09-07-2004, 08:36 PM
boating accident's at river,people dead/missing and the sand bar is buzzing with new's, and people want to know how to stop this kind of dangerous
stuff from happening over and over.Then I see "zero" "zip" "nada" response's
to that thread! Hmmmmmm..................maybe driver's(boat) education would be a start? ya think?

HCS
09-07-2004, 08:41 PM
MINE WAS 8 WEEK'S ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT"S 7:00-9:00 PM
THIS IS THE CLASS I TOOK A FEW MONTH'S BACK.
CLASS IS FREE! BUT BOOKS AND STUFF WERE $45.00 BUT YOU CAN SHARE WITH OTHER FAMILY MEMBER IF YOU CHOOSE.WE HAD WHOLE FAMILY'S TAKE THE CLASS! THIS IS A CERTIFICATE CLASS +++++++++
I BELIVE IT WILL STILL BE HELD AT UPLAND HIGH SCHOOL
GO FOR IT ! YOU WILL BE SURPRISED AT HOW MUCH YOU WILL LEARN
AND HOW LITTLE 90% OF THE OTHER BOATERS KNOW :D
8 Weeks! jeeze, you must know how to pilot a cruise ship. :cool:

78Eliminator
09-09-2004, 07:08 AM
Yeah, I have not gone, but I would send any green or young boater there. When I was a kid, my dad made me go to a gun safety class, where I was taught prudent gun handling habits. Some of the habits I learned were to treat the gun like it was always loaded, never point it at anyone unless you intend to kill them, always triple check to make sure the gun isn't loaded before you hand it off to someone, or when you pick it up, etc. Anyway, one time it had been a while since I had messed with my 9mm. I took it out and was inspecting it and I was about to squeeze the trigger. The voice inside me said "Open up the action and check to make sure it's unloaded." Now, I NEVER store a gun loaded, so checking was almost overkill, but it was imprinted into my brain from the class. So I checked, and there was one single round in the pipe, ready to fire. I still have no god damned idea how it got in there. That was when I was 15. The same year, some kid in my high school did the same thing except he DIDN'T check the action and shot himself. The bullet hit his spine and paralyzed him.
I know this isn't necessarily a boat story, but some of the boats we own are just as dangerous as a gun. Imagine what would happen if one of you guys sold your v-drive to a person with no boat experience.......

76BARRON
09-09-2004, 07:37 AM
That is a good example. Somtimes our toy's(cars,boat,bike's) can be very much like a weapon when in the wrong hands! I have taken the Calif Hunter Safty Coarse (8 or10 hr's)recieved cert. then bought and maintain a hunting licence, but here is the punch line.............I am not a Hunter!!!
I do enjoy shooting and maybe some day I will hunt? but with the way things are in the world today I /we can not afford to make any mistake's that will
result in the injury or death of an inocent bystander or family member!
That is why I am trying to stack the deck in my favor ,because I don't want to be the guy you read about in the paper!
BE SAFE OUT THERE GUY'S AND GAL'S! BOATER SAFTY IS A GOOD START!

Rexone
09-09-2004, 07:40 AM
I'm going to pin this thread till the class starts because it's important people see it with all the accidents goin on.

Rexone
09-11-2004, 04:12 AM
See new thread in HSW for links to lots of boating safety classes and schedules.